We own of a kitesurf center on Salamansa beach in Sao Vicente (Cape Verde) and need to be back in Europe to earn money that is needed to invest in the kitesurf center.
Therefore, we urgently need a Kitesurfing Host(ess) starting in January 2014 ending 30 June 2014.
The job will be to make sure that kitesurfers are >100% satisfied and safe. Examples of tasks are to give advice on where to kite, what kite size to use, suggest and take customers on kitesurf trips (other spots, other island), help clients to retrieve their boards, give tips on how to pass the waves and how to keep the kite in the air when caught by waves, ask the center director to keep the beach clean and keep the beach clear or rocks advise the center director on safety precautions. If you are a certified kitesurf instructor, you also have the option to teach.
You’ll be part of a team of about 20 Cape Verdean employees: 5 at the kitesurf center (a hostess for food and drinks, a kitesurf safety manager, a generalist / technician and 2 trainee instructors), 2 for accommodation services, 3 for land-based activities and 10 for general company support (including 2 customer service directors).
• A mature, highly responsible individual
• Driven by customer satisfaction (a natural helper)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Advanced kitesurfing skills (tricks not needed but highly safety orientated)
• Drivers licence
• Good English
• Certified as kitesurf instructor
• Good French
This is voluntary job.
• Flight tickets are paid by Kitesurf NOW
• Accommodation is paid by Kitesurf NOW
• Breakfast and lunch are free at the kitesurf center
• In case you are a kitesurf instructor: we offer you €30 per lesson of 2 hours
NOTE: do not expect to earn a lot. We have government imposed restrictions on max number of kiters on the water (18) and we have waves (Salamansa is best suited to intermediate & advanced riders), so expect no more than 1 lesson per day.
So the maximum payment for 8 hours work is Euro15.00 per day (if so).
Don't you feel ashamed to post such an ad here?
Man, please!!! Slave time ended a century ago!
Pay what workers deserve!