All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Most reliable wind in May - Caribbean/South America
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:47 am 
Rare Poster

Hello folks,

I have the chance to dedicate one week starting from the 24th of May this year to a kitesurfing vacation and I really need to have as many windy days as possible. The area I can consider is Caribbean/South America. I would really appreciate truly knowledgeable advices.

I would like to assure you that I have researched very carefully the web and the forum before posting this topic. Although there is a "Windy holiday destinations by month" topic, the information inside is limited or only partially correct. For example I asked a kitesurf instructor who has lived in Cabarete for years if the wind is reliable in May. She told me that May is actually not a reliable month for Cabarete and that the chance for wind is 50/50. She said that it's a month of transition and what happens is that some years there is a strong wind and some other years there is no wind AT ALL for 15-20 consecutive days. The great months there are June-July-August.

I would hang myself if I go there and I find 7 out of 7 no windy days or even 3-4 out of 7. So please let me know which are the really wind-reliable locations for the month of May.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Jack

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Most reliable wind in May - Caribbean/South America
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:50 am 
Rare Poster

Adicora Venezuela.

right now already hard winds a blowi'n: http://www.windguru.cz/fr/index.php?sc=5947

8)

Despite the actual crisis in he rest of the country, Paraguana peninsula where Adicora is located remains calm and quiet.

http://kite-adic.com/blog/index.html

[ 2 posts ]