Rare Poster
Local Beach: belgium
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Spots around Muine (Vietnam)

Postby minghemiz » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:07 pm

hello ,

I 'd like to go to muine between Christmas and New Year coming . I know I do it soon ...
I have many questions. I do not put that part here . :) If some forumeux can meet me in some or all of these questions, it would be wonderful ... :)

- I want info about spots located between Vung Tau and Phan Rang . what is your experience? the best way to discover ( alone alwayswindy , nomad ...)? ... knowing that I will be alone (with my wife but do not kite ) I would like to see a max of spots and avoid major classics may be filled with people between Christmas and new year and in addition does not seem to unanimously ( gusty , shorebreak, ... ) I heard a lot of good things about phan rank but this seems to be a military zone ? ? turtle island ? phan thiet harbor ? khe ga ? suoi nuoc ? Bac binh ? ... ?

- I am also looking for information on phu quy seems to be the paradise Vietnamese kite : does anyone know if the fast connection (speed boat) is restored ?is this island is good too for none kiter?

- I intend to also visit phu quoc few days. is that vietnam airlines accept luggage kite on internal flights ? surcharge ? is that someone has already sailed on phu quoc or it is not worth thinking about ?
do you think it is best to leave my gear in ho chi minh ( in a hotel) for the small trip to Phu Quoc + mekong ?

all tips are welcome ...

thank you

alexKiteVietnam
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Porto Pino - Is Solinas - Chia in Sardinia Italy

Mui Ne in Vietnam
Gear: royal kiteboarding - ben wilson and axonn board
Brand Affiliation: IKO

Re: Spots around Muine (Vietnam)

Postby alexKiteVietnam » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:42 pm

hi dear
i'm alex of the school kitesurf vietnam.

about your question about spots...my question is waht is your level and equipment.
phan rang offer you in two spot flat water in the lagoon and wave in my ai. but is super windy.
often people of 75kg need a 5 mq, to visit the lagoon you need a permit.
so it's better to go there with the schools that arrange a trip of one or 2 days. from mui ne you need 4-5 hrs by bus
the city of phan rang is very big..but no amenities for foreiner tourist. so if you don't want to get too bored is better to stai in mui ne and after you move with the school trip to see other spot.

on many beaches there is the problem of fishing lines..is a trap for shrimps and crabs with floating lines of 50 mt...and you can have a set of 10 fishlines at 3mt each for hundreds of meter..close to the shore. so for that reason the safe spot are: turtle island, jibes 2, malibu, mui ne , ke gha.

about harbour of phan thiet..better that u take vaccine for all knowed deseases.
turtle island and malibu..you can reach with the motor bike..driving about 30 min - 1 h.
so often you can find other kitesurfer so it''s essy to go there alone and enjoy.
ke gha is 2 hr by bike...so you don't find anybody. ke gha is goood for big waveriding up to 3 mt. i love it!!!

about kite size 7-9-11 for mui ne and close spot, 5-7 for phan rang (for a kiter of 75 kg)

so for phan rang and ke gha is better that you go with the schools trip.

the island that u ask me..you need to be equipped with 5 mt..it's beautifull..but no service for tourist..
in the night no electricity..and if the sea is too big..you risk to be isolated for one/two week.
honestly..if you go there with your wife...that day after she ask for a lawyer.
a frind of mine whent there for windusrf..he enjoy but everyday with 3.5 mq of sail

phu quoc is in the gulf of thailand..so no wind at all.

in mui ne you have many option for bar, restaurant, disco, shop. so for sure both of you will enjoy.

about our services we provide: lesson, rentals, airport transfer, visa service, booking accommodation hotels or guesthouse, or villas.

if you have other question..u are welcome

all my best

alessandro

www.kitesurfvietnam.com

minghemiz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: belgium

Postby minghemiz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:21 pm

thanks you for your answer alex.

i will come with a 7 and 10 kite (72Kg).
I'm ok with a lot of conditions (a lot of sessions in atlantic, Essaouira, Fuerteventura, lanzarote morocco "big" waves spots, wissant,...) So i have some experience with strong Wind and wave.
But i never ride alone...

i will keep on mind your différents advice et i will come to see you next december. :D

An other question: shorty or lycra ? (December and january)

alexKiteVietnam
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Porto Pino - Is Solinas - Chia in Sardinia Italy

Mui Ne in Vietnam
Gear: royal kiteboarding - ben wilson and axonn board
Brand Affiliation: IKO

Postby alexKiteVietnam » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 am

hi dear
you're welcome.
so your experience is perfect to ride in mui ne. and even if you visit some spot close to mui ne (as example malibu, turtle island, jibes2) you gonna find other kitesurfer. jet ski rescue is available only in mui ne, and it's about 12USD..

our school is in the upwindzone of the bay..so even in december the sea area close to our school isn't too crowded.
we use lycra (better long arm) all year long. only instructors..that spent 7hrs in the water use shorty.

if you need any other help or advice don't hesitate to write me.
bye alex

Pumma
Medium Poster
Local Beach: KiteBeach Maui , MuiNe Vietnam , Paje Zanzibar , Hua Hin Thailand , 'Secret Spot' Greece
Favorite Beaches: KiteBeach Maui
Gear: North Vegas , Flexifoil Hadlow Wake , Ronix Parks , RipCurl

Postby Pumma » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 am

you must definately visit Phang Rang the spot is awesome (go with Mr Phi)
i wish i could stay 2 more days there...
Mui NE spot sucks too many kites, fishing nets and too wavy
other spots like turtle island,malibu,harbour etc are much better

Return to “Travel”