Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

San Blas Paradise

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
gilana
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 70KG
Local Beach: We live on our sailing yacht and at the moment we are in the San Blas Islands of Panama, and we sometimes have visiting guests to come spend a week of wind with us...

Laura and Mike
Favorite Beaches: Chameys in San Andres Isla Colombia
Yansaladup in Kuna Yala Panama
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone Edge 9m V8
Ozone Edge 9m V9
Ozone Edge 10m V9
Caution Santa Cruz Redline 132 TT
Epic Droid V2 135x41 TT
Chemical 132 TT
North Directional
Brand Affiliation: None, I wish.

San Blas Paradise

Postby gilana » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi. I would like to make members aware of a little known gem thats about 200m from where I am anchored. There is this Palm fringed island called Yansaladup. This is the exact location where most of the tricks and film footage was shot in the "Hidden Lines ep 2" movie on Youtube, with Youri Zoon Kevin Langeree and Nick Jacobsen. We have been here on our sailboat for a while, and we learned to kite right here.
yansala.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzT1oIPunXM

The Kuna family that owns part of the island have built a little business that they are trying to get going. They have four rooms, a bar and eating area, and some ablution facilities. I have no idea of the costs. The kiting here is awesome, well, if you have seen the movie you would know that.

You would have to negotiate with the people directly, and contact them too. Here are a few details.

The guy's name is Nuriel Places, his sister is Eloisa.
email is sanblasparadise@hotmail.com
Facebook sanblasparadise
Tel (507) 68799891
Tel (507) 60184075
(507 is the int. code for Panama)

To get here, you would have to catch a plane to Tocumen Airport code: PTY
Depending on your arrival time, maybe a hostel or hotel overnight.
I would suggest you spend a day in the city, and get some food, fruit, snacks etc, as the meals provided are good but basic.
Next day a 4x4 ride through the jungle, and then a fast boat ride to the island. They will organize all transport in and out.
Camping is possible for a cheaper rate.
Sleeping in hammocks between palm trees.
No mosquitoes.
Kites can stay semi pumped all night (and you can stay fully pumped)in safety and in the shade during the day.

I have no connection with these people, I am just trying to help them start a business, and you find a paradise to kite in.

Return to “Travel”