Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

KING KITEBOARDING

forum for kitesurfers

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

KING KITEBOARDING

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:12 pm

Hi all,

I started this topic to tell you all about King Kiteboarding. King is a German brand that I first learned about at the boat show in Düsseldorf this year (2004).
I bought 2 boards of them: a performer and a competitor. The boards looked nice, had a good shape and were made like a snowboard.
Fair enough I payed 1060 € for them both together and got 2 boardbags free.
KITE DIRECT is the shop which sold me the King Kites. They also told me I had 2 YEAR WARANTY.

The problems began when I started using the boards. After one session there was a whole piece (about 2 inch wide, 0.5 inch dept) gone. I thought of course it was my fault although I kite on a sandy beach with no corals or stuff (Belgium, Nieuwpoort).
I fixed it with epoxy.
But this wasn't an isolated case. I had to repair my board EVERYTIME after a session with Epoxy. And I don't mean that the paint scrapes off. I can go with the sand paper (to prepare for the epoxy) 1 inch inside the board. And if I can, so can the water. So the board has become more heavy and less strong cause everytime I am in the water, water comes into the board.

My other board is even worse. After 5 sessions it starts break on the edges:

see for yourself in the pictures:

http://www.geocities.com/vital_vranken/i1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/vital_vranken/i2.jpg
(geocities has limited bandwidth, if the pictures aren't vissible I'll search for a solution with more bandwidth)

I'm sure the next time I will be on the water it wil completely break of.

Of course I contacted Kite Direct and King about the leaking board about 2 months ago. I emailed and emailed but somehow they were always unable to understand the problem or read the email. When they finaly saw the pictures they said it was normal damage after use :o

Now with the second board I contacted them again 2 weeks ago. I said it was urgent cause I am going to Egypt the beginning of september. I even phoned 5 times to Kite Direct and to King kites (to germany, it cost me money) and they said they would search for a solution.
NOW AFTER EVEN MORE PHONE CALLS they emailed today that I could send the boards to them cause only then could they examen the boards and look if I could have new boards !!! :o
But Mr King (that is his name) will only be back monday in the office.
GODDAMN IT THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION !

I will have to BUY new boards (from another brand of course) if I wanna kite in Egypt.

BTW, I ordered a new set of finns from them cause I lost one (screw came loose) 3 weeks ago ... and everythime I call they say it will arrive tomorrow .... :roll:

You see what for people we are dealing with here ? I THINK KING AND KITE DIRECT ARE RUNNING A SCAM WITH LOW QUALITY PRODUCTS AND VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. :evil: :(

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:01 am

Sorry too se that...

Keep your nose OFF the brands/and dealers that dont take care off your services...

This is why there will always be dealers around, and NOT only internet dealers....

Your local dealers, you can always hang from a tree if he fucks you around... :thumb:

danimal
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby danimal » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:24 am

Certainly not the best boards eh!

All irony aside 8)

That really suck's!

I'd tell you to keep flaming them but it does not seem like they are the least bit responsive or concerned about customer service.

At best you can hope that your post has sent out a fair warning to others! Note taken.

Good Luck - let us know if you get justice.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:44 am

if you buy cheap you get cheap.
Learned it many times in my life, I assume like everyone else as well

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:51 am

Toby €1060 for two boards is not cheap.

:!:

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:07 am

Toby wrote:if you buy cheap you get cheap.
Learned it many times in my life, I assume like everyone else as well
Best is not gonna like that post :lol:
Nah but I understand what you are saying. But ya have to know those were the first boards that I bought and I was together with a very experienced kiter to buy them. He advised those boards cause of the great shape and I must say ... they perform well.

Little did we know that the quality was very poor.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:42 am

>You see what for people we are dealing with here ? I THINK KING AND KITE
>DIRECT ARE RUNNING A SCAM WITH LOW QUALITY PRODUCTS AND VERY
>POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

that's sad but so true.

by the way: i can't see any snowboard-style construction on the pics - looks like standard cheap surfboard-construction to me ?!

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:53 am

murdoc wrote:>You see what for people we are dealing with here ? I THINK KING AND KITE
>DIRECT ARE RUNNING A SCAM WITH LOW QUALITY PRODUCTS AND VERY
>POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

that's sad but so true.

by the way: i can't see any snowboard-style construction on the pics - looks like standard cheap surfboard-construction to me ?!
Indeed, but when I bought the boards offcourse everything was nicely covered with paint. So little did I know :( .
Anyway I thought perhaps I had gotten a pre-production model, but they answered me by email on that question:

Hello Vital,

Fin is no problem, it costs 15,00 Euro.

To the board: I think, that all what I could see on the photo is from using the board, thats nothing which is happend because it is a custommade board. Sorry, but I can`t help you in this situation.

Regards

Astrid

--
Kite-Direct
Rappaportstr. 60
45768 Marl
Tel: 02365-974070

Now this email is dated AUGUST 5 2004 and I still don't have the fin :roll: .. that was no problem .... so I don't have to make myself any ilusions about the board :evil:

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:58 am

Bummer about the boards.
Looks like you got a good kite though, or is it just one you dream of (the one by your ID).
Regards
Nico

Huwin69
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: La Florida - Rosario - Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco - Brasil
Los Roques - Venezuela
Coche Island - Venezuela
El Yaque - Venezuela
Cariló - Argentina
Cuesta del Viento - Argentina
Style: All Around
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10m 2017
Slingshot RPM 8m 2016
Slingshot Asylum 138
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot Rosario

Postby Huwin69 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:37 am

That´s exactly what i can see of this KING board.... Cheap surfboard construction, nice painted but sold as good quality...that can break every minute....
Keep fighting!!

Many kite-companies has appeared now but we should state the real ones from the oportunists. Buy one new board for your trip, have fun there and when you came back fight for your rigths!!
BTW: I had problems with boards as well with Mutant Naish 4.11 2002...not so well solved..

Return to “Kitesurfing”