Follow Up To - Cabrinha Crossbow Bar - Problem Area

forum for kitesurfers

Warren Fuller
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Follow Up To - Cabrinha Crossbow Bar - Problem Area

Postby Warren Fuller » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:53 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that Cabrinha "defaulted" on their promised support. For those of you who don't remember the issue, here's a quote of my original post:

"I'm on vacation in Hatteras (Waves, NC) and yesterday while on the ocean in 18-22 mph southeast winds and 6 foot seas, the plastic piece on the end of the bar, that holds the steering line knot in place, gave way and split open. I was out past the Waves fishing pier, but the current and waves forced me and the kite towards the pier. Just before going through the pier pilings, I released the kite. A few seconds later, I passed through the pilings and noticed half-dollar size barnacles on the pilings and instantly knew that the kite was shredded.

It took me about 20 minutes to get to shore and then another 30 minutes for the kite to beach itself. "

I was promised that I would either receive replacement bar ends or a new bar. Cabrinha also said that they would look into reimbursing me for the cost of repairing the kite, which ended up being $160. As of this date (Dec., 21, 2005) I have heard nothing from Cabrinha.

I would like to acknowledge the excellent support I recieved from Barton Decker of Hatteras Island Sail Shop. They repaired the bladder at no cost and offered to replace the bar ends as well, even though I did not purchase the Crossbow from them. Also, Real Kiteboarding directed me to Charlie of Kite Solutions who did an excellent job of repairing the kite.

Due to this lack of promised support from Cabrinha, I just purchased two Turbo Diesel kites from H2Air Kiteboarding.

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:31 pm

tough break, but if the conditions are that bad there should you have been kiting there.

KGN
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KGN » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:40 pm

Well,they should at least warranty the bar..

sperry
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hatteras, NC
VA Beach

Postby sperry » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:09 pm

Kitedude wrote:tough break, but if the conditions are that bad there should you have been kiting there.
yeah, tough luck... shame about them renigging on their orginal statement.

if i remember correctly, the original post had a map of where the bar broke in relation to the waves pier. the rider was well away from the pier when the bar broke.

18-22 with 6ft seas... sounds like perfect hatteras. who wouldn't have been out? we're dying for good conditions here on the east coast right about now.

ah, original thread... phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2320706&highlight=

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitingkt » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:16 pm

hey warren,

kevin here, i used to run east of maui for bob back in the early nineties.

i also had trouble with a cab bar back in 2004. cab was terrible about talking with my shop and getting me the right parts to replace. eventually, i just taked with kevin of neil pryde maui and three days later, i got what i needed.

the service was prompt and support after for questions was excellent. i would try talking with him.

http://neilprydemaui.com/

contact info is at the bottom.

kt

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:07 pm

MissionMan wrote:Cabrinha never lied to the consumer.
Sure... "defaulted" is not lying?

Return to “Kitesurfing”