Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Vegas 06 12m 5th E seems too tight

forum for kitesurfers

liv2surf
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Waddell Creek, Scott Creek, Miramar-Half Moon Bay, Coyote Point, Pillar Point Harbor-HMB
Style: waves & foil
Gear: Cabrinha Drifters 7, 9, 11. Firewire Dominator surfboard (quad), no straps. SS SpacePickle adapted to foil (LF Foilfish foil), two foot hooks, front and back.
Brand Affiliation: None

North Vegas 06 12m 5th E seems too tight

Postby liv2surf » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:22 am

Can anyone suggest an explanation for why it seemed to my that the 5th E line seems tight on my 12m Vegas 06 (flown once) but not on my 9m or 16m Vegas 06 (each flown several times). (Note I mention number of times flown to imply experience with kites not some change in kites due to number o times fown).

Note all are set up the same way: front pigtail on farthest knot from kite and rear pigtail setting on back/fast setting. on 5thE noseline (supplied with kites) all kites using knot farthest (from kite). At the bar, rear lines are attached to 2nd knot (2nd farthest from bar).

I don't know how to proceed or think about this. Seems that either 5th is too loose on 9m and 16m or too tight on 12m (or both ?). Someone told me that when depowered, I should just begin to see some tension of 5th E line ?

Thanks,

duckman
Medium Poster

Postby duckman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:29 pm

I don't know why but I have the Vegas 6 12m and my 5th line was too short also. I was flying it on my 05 bar though. I just added a little pigtail to the 5th at the kite and no probs since. Flies great now. Some people have told me the 5th stretches after a few sessions but I haven't checked it since I added the pigtails because it looks "good" while I'm flying it.

Blowing in the Wind
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Blowing in the Wind » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:06 pm

If your 5th line seems to tight, just add a pigtail to the nose line. Every north kite comes with 2 extra pigtails. Look for the velcro pocket on the back of the wingtips. One on each side. There is a extra pigtail in each. These come in handy as Nose line extentions if your nose line is too tight.

Hunter Brown
http://www.gokitesurf.com

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:14 pm

Just go with your instincts and set the nose line to suit yourself.

For me, I think the 12 is a little tight, but the kite performs fine like this.

The 9m does run a little loose. I use the tighter knot.

The 7m seems the tightest of all. I add a pigtail to that one to make it much looser.

Return to “Kitesurfing”