Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anybody been to Cook Islands?

forum for kitesurfers

Pogibro
Medium Poster

Anybody been to Cook Islands?

Postby Pogibro » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:45 am

I'd be very interested in any kiting repors about Roratonga in the Cook Islands? Thanks very much!

Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Guam Bomb » Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:54 am

Hey Pogibro, we have a girl from the Cooks and she works for the shop Agana Primo. ask for Poko. DAVE

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:03 pm

I am heading there myself in October for Honeymoon so if you find out what it is like make sure you post something.

tweekster
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tweekster » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:29 am

been there to surf. there is a barrier reef surrounding the island. it is pretty much dry most of the time except for about +/- 1 hour of high tide, and it is rather close to shore. if i remember correctly, too close for kiting, but then again i wasn't into kiting yet. i remember a beach they called the sailing club (kotomirri (sp?)) where the reef was far from the beach, however, there was almost no wind there at the time. i imagine that when there is wind at sailing club the kiting would be phenomenal. if you see an aerial photo of rarotonga they usually shoot it from that side of the island. you will see the only pass through the reef (leads to a boat harbor) and a couple of motus (small islands). the sailing club is on the beach inside of the motus. make sure you get a tide chart ahead of time if you can.

Return to “Kitesurfing”