Forum for kitesurfers
sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:38 pm

so have you been down in baja for the past twelve months or what ?

or does it just take you that long to read....

nab1000
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 757, 252
Style: Wake
Gear: LF HiFi's, Influence 138, LF Cabs
Brand Affiliation: Wave Riding Vehicle Surfboards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby nab1000 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:34 pm

i have always ridden best kites / slingshot kites and love them both dont buy them for the marketing. Best did make a big mistake with the marketin though... to me it seems funny but to new kiteboard users this is a big turn off. I hate brand bashing sence i love atleast one kite in companies line. O ya i been on this forum all day since there is no wind here... geuss not much wind anywere right now since there are alot of new post 5 ft waves though!

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:15 am

Pathetic!

Stealing photos is a crime.
What would the guys at best think if you just went over and stole the kites you want from them?

If the photographer who took these photos is reading this and if best did steal the photos take legal action against them.

I am a photographer and have one every case involving stolen images.

There are guys here who say great if best copies, possibly steals photos, well if it makes kite cheap all the better.

Do you guys think it would also be "cool' not to pay the workers who sow the kites?

smokey
Frequent Poster

Postby smokey » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:39 am

I' stoped reading half way through, when jasonssr said it all, But I'm a sheep like everyone else so her's my two cents.

Shame on you, but great way to exploite a negative into another marketing skem.

Now I' would have never bought one of your kites purly on Your lack of morals alone but....

I won one of your kites that you put up for grabs ant a snow kite comp last year(Kite rodeo In canada, check kiterider.ca ) 13.5yarga and its the shit.

If that had not of happened I'd be riding another cheap brand! "For a kite is a kite, right!"

but... to let people know before this post even came up a friend of mine posted pics in the snow section of me on my 13.5 hucking raillies and f-16's, So the kites work like any others do in the snow.

Finally I'm poor and I can't affored new kites at all but I was able to by a '04 5m yarga new for $250cdn($200us) brand new and was able two ride at least 15+ sessions on it this fall (some of the BEST sessions of my life!) which was more than I got all year on the rest of my kites put together and It wouldn't have been posible if it weren't for you Best.(5M Yarga Is the Best High wind Kite I"ve ever riden)

Smokey

Ps I'll send you some pics when we finally get some snow here nothing but rain

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:48 am

[quote="vietkiter
Really, it's not smart to copy kitepower tactics[/quote]

Correct, you idiot!

Your 110% owned by me tactic of adding a little childish snipe at the end of your usual defender of **** pimp post, is not an example of a "kitepower" tactic but is a perfect example of a lame tactic, used by a lame pimp, that uses lame tactics.

Think before you type and hit send.

And perhaps you should leave me out of your technical tictac tactics? :o

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:28 pm

fred, like alex explained, the graphics guy didnt even know where they were going, it was just a mistake. do you think any compnay would willingly use an image lifted from it's largest natural competitor in any particular market.

not exactly a bright idea.

and before the days of 'process' in the marketing dept.

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board

Postby Balloonboy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:00 pm

Its the least of BEST's sins IMO.

If this were there only thing it wouldn't be worth commenting on. BEST just generally seem to be more "flexible" with the truth than any other kiteco I can think of.

There is a consistancy here that some (including me) are disturbed by, while some are not. Either way; vote with your wallet.

Shopguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Shopguy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:32 pm

hightimes wrote:Dude who cares?
You must have no wind or you must be gay!
What are you 8 years old?

Or do you have some deep feelings you want to let out?
This would be a safe place as your identity is hidden.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:39 pm

sq225917 wrote:do you think any compnay would willingly use an image lifted from it's largest natural competitor in any particular market.
You took a slogan from Cabrinha's website so it really wouldn't surprise me. Thats the reality of how I view Best at the moment, because of all the bullshit. Has any of the opposition had nearly the same amount of "unfortunate marketing accidents"? I doubt it.

Shopguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Shopguy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:03 pm

sq225917 wrote:fred, like alex explained, the graphics guy didnt even know where they were going, it was just a mistake. do you think any compnay would willingly use an image lifted from it's largest natural competitor in any particular market.

not exactly a bright idea.

and before the days of 'process' in the marketing dept.
You should go into politics;

"It was a mistake," "i mean it was faked on purpose," "I mean it was the web guys fault"
Try "i dont recall", or "I did have photoshop relations with that Ozone advertisement."

C'mon what you guys did was wrong, and potentially illegal. It may not be a hanging offense, or even that big of a a deal, but at least admit what is painfully obvious to everyone.

Return to “Kitesurfing”