Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST=Fake!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fat blokes can fly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:39 pm

You lot just get over it! So what, big deal, oooh aaaaah! GET A LIFE!

Bestkiteboarding has a very good product both kites and boards and has evolved really well.There service and quality is second to none, nobody has been left out of pocket with the hellfish learning curve, only Best giving refund plus $100.
The only people that bitch are the opposition or uneducated fools that have never rode or even seen best, let alone had the pleasure of purchasing there products, stoked at the ride and still having a chunk of money left in there wallet!
They've opened kitesurfing up to the not so wealthy.
Increased your amount of days on the water because you can afford that one extra kite!
Best only want what is best for the people who count, that is the riders, not the bitching oiks,shopguys & opposition pimps!

AND I DON'T EVEN RIDE BEST!

p.s I THINK TITS AND ASS ARE GREAT......MY IDEA OF HEAVEN TITS & ASS & KITESURFING!

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:56 pm

shopguy, of course the picture was faked up, thats what marketing departments for every company in the world do when they dont have the shot they want, thats why photoshop exists.

i used to work for a company whose sole product was a box of tricks that turned cad data in photo quality images just so it could be put in adverts prior to being made. does that mean that ford, dyson, unilever, proctor and gamble and pretty much every architect in the world are lying to you....?

it's no crime, its not deceitful, it's not underhand, everyone does it.

but what was a f*** up was that one image from ozone from canibalized, the fact that it was selected to be used internally, doesnt surprise me, i'd always choose my strongest competitors marketing to see how to improve our own, but what i wouldn't do is let it slip through the net to be used as one of our own.

and that's all it was, just a '''mistake'', there was nothing 'wrong' or implicit about it, it was just a stupid mistake due to shit process and no quality control.

you see anything you don't like now, bring it up with me..... cos that's where the buck stops......

Dookz
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dookz » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:04 pm

As far as I am concerned,
people didn't start hating Best for no reason.
We all determine how we want to portray ourselves and Best seems to have chosen badly.
Notice how Slingshot, North, Naish etc don't get *bashed* even half as much as BEST? And it's not "just because", or any other magical reason behind it other than the fact that on top of all the cheap forum-online sleezy advertising, big claims to superior performance, and "we're your best friends, now give us money" attitude lies a dominant feeling of mistrust with this company.
Gumball seems to come across as a money-greedy entrepreneur who'll basically tell you anything to sell his products.

And that's basicaly it.
Best have made their bed, now they need to sleep in it.
And for all the people who hand out sympathy posts, realise that there's a reason behind it, and BEST can always regain their status if they'd stop with the dodgyness.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:15 pm

sq225917 wrote: you see anything you don't like now, bring it up with me..... cos that's where the buck stops......
Kewl, then you have the ability to keep it clean and I won't bring up anything from the past unless you pull the same crap again? Deal?

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:18 pm

How gay are you "SLEEZY"?

Do you hide behind the sofa prior to any motor race or bike race or inbetween rounds of boxing etc.

I'm guessing you'd be shop,pimp/opposition or why else would you mention anything?

For gods sake man, the wipika classics 6.5 & 8.5 I purchased in 1999 claimed ridiculously low wind range 8.5 starting at 6knots. And since then nothing much has changed!

SLEEZY...... WAAAAAHAAAHA HAHA HAHAHA!!! :lol:

Dookz
Medium Poster

Postby Dookz » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:36 pm

fat blokes can fly wrote:WAAAAAHAAAHA HAHA HAHAHA!!! :lol:
And a ho-ho-ho to you too santa claus.
Explain how connecting tits&ass (best girls) with kites, in order to appeal to the most basic of male primal instincs, ISN'T sleezy?
Naish have guys hucking off cliffs with kites, Slingshot have Len10 and awesome wave riding videos, wheras Best have ass; and they don't care, because it sells a kite or two extra to the unsuspecting fat-bloke-that-only-flies-when-he's-not-starting-a-charity-campaign-for-Best.

WAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAA AHAAHAHA AHAAHAA... :roll:

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:03 pm

Ha, over the last 6 years I've got on the water as often as I can & being a shift worker that is more than most! What about you dookz, how long you been kitesurfing & how often do you get out?

Don't know if you've noticed but here is the latest video from best.Funnily enough its the one that everyone is talking about NEW ERA!
I think the opening quotes might have been aimed at you dookz. http://media.bestkiteboarding.com/videos/tn/new_era.jpg

Fact T&A sells! They put a few bums on the waroo vid just to get a raise out of people like you
And guess what.............YOU'VE NOT STOPPED TALKING ABOUT IT SINCE!

You made the music now its time for rock n roll! :evil:

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:18 pm

Dookz wrote:As far as I am concerned,
people didn't start hating Best for no reason.
We all determine how we want to portray ourselves and Best seems to have chosen badly.
Notice how Slingshot, North, Naish etc don't get *bashed* even half as much as BEST? And it's not "just because", or any other magical reason behind it other than the fact that on top of all the cheap forum-online sleezy advertising, big claims to superior performance, and "we're your best friends, now give us money" attitude lies a dominant feeling of mistrust with this company.
Gumball seems to come across as a money-greedy entrepreneur who'll basically tell you anything to sell his products.
It's easy to make wild claims like shopguy, kitepower and missionman... but where's the reality check... who's the "people" you claim to represent? Your argument is so 2004...

Back then, "people" like you were claiming the same shit... you get what you pay for... our products hold value... big brands provide white glove service... Best kite are for poor penny pinching kooks...

Clearly, if such assertions were true... why would anyone buy from Best?
If your lame rehash assertions were actually true... Best would have disappeared the way of so many upstart wannabe kite brands...

But Best has survived and thrived... and it seems the entire industry has copied the Best model that they once derided... 50% discount... 342 sales... direct to customers...

Like it or not "we consumer" are benefiting from a kiting renaissance because Best came along... most people are happy about lower pricing and more aggressive discount across all brands... net net... "we people are better off today and get much more value out of whatever brand we buy"... even kitepower can't deny Best central role in changing this stagnant industry... afterall he played a central role in getting us here from there...

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:44 pm

I think alex and simon are in the wrong business.

They are the kings of spin (not shane warne btw).

http://www.xroadsfilms.com/batescomedycentral/

^^ that was simons old job.
Last edited by lesbian horse on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:45 pm

dookz, oh yeh we are the bad boys of advertising, slingshot release a dvd of people goofing off with fireworks, burning each others nut sacks and pissing in their own mouths and we are the bad boys of advertising.

naish irresponsibly show riders without helmets jumping off cliffs and other structures and we are the bad boys.

i think you all really need to take a step back..

missionman, i'm sure everyone can rest safe at night knowing you are the best police.... :wink: i know i do..
Last edited by sq225917 on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”