Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jimmyc » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:05 pm

It's about ethics.

Best stole the images.
Best lied to prospective buyers.

Best (and much of the kiteboarding industry) appears to be functioning with the same level of ethics as the securities industry.

:bye:

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:45 pm

I bet managers of Best would sell their mothers if they would get money for that.

local
Medium Poster

Postby local » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:17 pm

Just ordered 1 21 Nem and 1 9 Yarga for less than 1k, too good of a deal to pass up. All I care about is getting good kites for a low price, who cares about all the other shit...

gumball
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gumball » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:28 pm

www.kite-surf.com wrote:I bet managers of Best would sell their mothers if they would get money for that.
Nice post from the host of an "unbiased" kite review site. Robin, is this why the reviews of Best kites on your site are either fantastic (and honest) or crap (and you posted them)? You ruin the credibility of your site with posts like this mate and I happen to think you have a great site. It was an honest mistake of one of our graphics guys, let it go.

Buy 1 & get 1 Free (no Mom's for sale)

jahmaze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jahmaze » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:46 pm

I'm graphic designer and I can tell you ALL companies even the most famous ones (I'll tell no names..) are photoshopping their pictures, or "recycling " stuff with photoshop.. this is a common practice.

anyway.. who give a f*** if if robby naish ask his graphist to put more hair on his head on pictures or if the other ones change the color of the kite ?

stop masturbating.....GO RIDING !

www.kite-surf.com
Frequent Poster

Postby www.kite-surf.com » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:47 pm

gumball, HAHAHA. nice try!

If I'd have nothing else to do than writing shit best kite reviews... My time is worth more than that... you forget or might not know that I do not work in the kiteboarding industry and make my money elsewhere... <irony>so I definitely write those crappy Best kite reviews, because there is nothing else to do in this world... </irony>

I'm riding Ozone Frenzy's though and honor their work and R&D for their products! btw, what about the windart trainer kite story?

Take care and enjoy life with a bit of business ethics,
Robin

btw, there are 26 reviews of Best kites and only 2 with minimal ratings? What are you complaing about?
Last edited by www.kite-surf.com on Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mogulski
Rare Poster

Postby Mogulski » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:50 pm

Gumball,
Next year try cut and pasting with Ansel Adams Yosemite - they might not catch it.

jason_ssr
Frequent Poster

Postby jason_ssr » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:15 pm

WOW....Just wow..... Where do you guys hide?? Really? Every time I go ride, I meet cool people who enjoy riding, and riding together. Ive never seen as much as a gear dispute on the beach. The people I meet couldnt care less about marketing or advertising, much less take the time to scrutinize a pic on a website!!!!! Yet I come on here, and see a post like this....how embarrassing for the sport. What a bunch of tools. I hope you guys are just a very loud and annoying small minority.

Then, the so called offender dignifies this crap with a response and take responsibility and explains that its no big deal, and it still keeps going.

Maybe Im in the wrong forum, Im 30 yrs old. Is this the 12 yr olds forum?

And for the record, my dad can beat up your dad.

local
Medium Poster

Postby local » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:25 pm

Figures, they don't have the 21 Nem with 5th line attachment point in stock for the 2 for 1 deal so I cxld my order. BEST, you have to stop with the false ads,

Buy 1 Get 1 FREE!!!
** while supplies last **
That's right, buy a 16m or larger 2004 kite and get a smaller 2004 kite FREE! So for half the price of one "other brand" kite, you get 2 Best kites with 5th line attachments!

Chris@sharkless
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Haven, Michigan

Postby Chris@sharkless » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:02 pm

WOW guys get over it. We get kites at a good price, either buy them or not, your choice. Everyone edits pics, we can't all go get on a plane, and go where we need to, just to expensive. To me the pics looked like an example of snow kiting with best kites. Because last year i dont think Best was selling kites until snow was gone. No big deal. Anyways, just let it go. We need to support each other, kiters, kite makers, kite sellers, and so on. I know im getting bummed too, no wind, although i thru on 2 wetsuits on new years day and went kiting in lake michigan with ice in it. Oh i felt a lot better.

Anyways, Buy the kites or don't, but can we please get over the bashing. Its like the same posts with different companies in it like mad libs.

Later,
Chris
http://www.sharkless.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”