Forum for kitesurfers
sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:46 pm

dookz, the only people hating best are those who loose money from best being in business, and those weird people who actually seem to beleive that what takes place on a web forum is in some way indicitive of the larger world.

people can try to dress up their fear of competition anyway they want. best is more than just the personal opinion of a few visible web posters, myself included.

missionman, oh yeh thats so cool, with you being so objective, i'm sure everyone can rest safe at night knowing you are the best police.... :wink:

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MissionMan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:00 pm

sq225917 wrote: missionman, oh yeh thats so cool, with you being so objective, i'm sure everyone can rest safe at night knowing you are the best police.... :wink:
It seems you missed the point so I'll give up on you.

ed209
Rare Poster

Postby ed209 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:12 pm

Umm I'm totally new to kiteboarding ( never flown a traction kite before ), I just ordered a trainer and some gear from best mostly because of tits and ass on their website ... :D

Also their the warrenty made my day :D

anyways, now I'm reading through this forum and its all "Best is evil", "Best fudged my grandma", "Don't buy Best they beat stray dogs and eat babies", whats the deal?

There's got to be more to it than a photoshop'd picture.

Just wondering.

--ed

nab1000
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 757, 252
Style: Wake
Gear: LF HiFi's, Influence 138, LF Cabs
Brand Affiliation: Wave Riding Vehicle Surfboards

Postby nab1000 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:15 pm

also b/c people thought they got cheated with a old best kite called the Hellfish.... (long story) and i geuss they dont like best b/c they dont think their quality kites becuase of the cheaper prices when i know they are bomb proof :thumb: I also ride slingshots and those are great kites so im not saying other kites are bad.... even though my yarga is faster than my fuel

ed209
Rare Poster

Postby ed209 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:21 pm

So the claims that Best is a back alley Mexican Abortion Clinic/Oil Change joint that sells dodgy kites made out of dog hide that will kill you by just looking at them are slightly exaggerated, then?

I didn't think they looked like the devils henchmen on the website ...

--ed

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:54 pm

ed209 how refreshing,it sounds so credible when coming from a new guy. You've just pointed out that everyone's just making themselves look like dicks bitching about a photoshopped image. You'll stoked with your new trainer!

The last few posts just tickled me :thumb:

ed209
I didn't think they looked like the devils henchmen on the website ...
thats what you think
Image :o :evil:

Shopguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Shopguy » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:59 pm

[quote="vietkiter]It's easy to make wild claims like shopguy, kitepower and missionman... but where's the reality check... who's the "people" you claim to represent? Your argument is so 2004...

Back then, "people" like you were claiming the same shit... you get what you pay for... our products hold value... big brands provide white glove service... Best kite are for poor penny pinching kooks...

Clearly, if such assertions were true... why would anyone buy from Best?
If your lame rehash assertions were actually true... Best would have disappeared the way of so many upstart wannabe kite brands...
[/quote]

Whats Wild about having white glove service from a Shop?
If you dont want it (which i would assume you would rather have) then shop Walmart!

I represent myself, I have been in this industry longer than best and I am triving as well. The reason for my thriving is service and variety. I have loyal customers who belive these are worth paying for.

Do I deny that people buy form Best? of course not!
Many companies thrive because there are a ton of people who buy based on price and price alone.
Look at Walmart!

The reality is my sales have gone up every year since I started and I see that contiuning. For how Long? I dont really know.

It is true that people over the past few years have put very little value on service, But I feel that will change as people get tired of getting the run around from companies.
I am talking in general not in the Microcosm that is kiteboarding.

Please refrain from applying quote like "Best kite are for poor penny pinching kooks" and mis-quoting me in general. Its very bad form and doesnt help your creditbility at all./

and as Far as Wild Claims go, I think you have a bigger target for that.

ed209
Rare Poster

Postby ed209 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:11 pm

I personally went with Best because I live two blocks from the middle of nowhere ... a 4 hour drive from civilization, and a 10 hours away from the closest retailer of fine kiting equipment. So the choice came down which place was cheapest because there ain't nobody around to give any kind of service, whatever the glove color.

I'll let you know when my stuff shows up ( stupid customs ) if I have any trouble.

--ed

KiteSurfingKen
Frequent Poster

Postby KiteSurfingKen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:00 pm

Simple, If you don't like Best, don't buy it!
There are many choices to choose from. Exercise your freedom to choose and stop the diarrhea of the mouth (er .
I own both Best and Slingshot kites. I like my Best kites better in some conditions than my slingshots. Slingshots (Fuels) are Bomber, but heavy.
My BFKs fly way better in light wind (I can't afford a Machine, even if I could I wouldn't spend that much money on one kite).
All of this bashing is humorous, do you really think anyone cares?
All of this pimp this and bullshit that is likely only being read by members of this forum.
There must not be any wind, or this thread would have ended a long time (year) ago.
For what it is worth I don't approve of their marketing practices, but it will not stop me from buying their products.
I can't stand those stupid Red Bull commercials and I still drink Red Bull and Vodka when I go out partying. Who really thinks "Red Bull Gives you wings"?
Kites might not give you wings, but they can make you fly!
:thumb:
Why aren't there any threads about the 2004 Slinghshot Bladder failure problems (or did I just not look hard enough)?
They sent me a whole new set of bladders for two of my three 2004 kites.
In my opinion that is a bigger screw up than anything mentioned in this thread.
:bye:

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:06 pm

To amswer the question "Why do so many people dislike Best?"

One of the main reasons is this:

When the Waroo comes out (If it comes out) they will be spouting about how all other Bow owners paid to much for their kite. Even though it took them like 6 months to even come up with a picture !

That will piss people off. Best knows it.They obviously enjoy that.

They are just childishly spitefull !

Why cant they just bring out a good product and sell it at a good price ?

Why the spite? Nahnananana! You paid too much for your kite!

If someone is happy with their purchase of a Best kite, I can repect that.

Why cant they respect that the purchaser of another brand is happy with their choice?

Its that simple..

Anyway,I suppose there is a big market out there of people with a chip on their shoulder and an attitude problem.

Return to “Kitesurfing”