All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:14 am 
Very Frequent Poster

-elevated- wrote:
haha, for SOME reason i'm skeptical.

Don't be skeptical mate. We're clearing '04 stock and the 17m Yargas are already sold out. This won't last long so hurry for the buy one get 1 free. Offer is good on Nemesis & Yarga kites complete with 5th line attachments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:52 am 
Frequent Poster

its a very common practice to botch up content when developing a site or new sections for a site, you just need to make sure it doesn't end up on the production server - doh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:59 am 
Rare Poster

Can you honestly expect anything better? Look at the logo on this page- they copy the Dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:09 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
Can you honestly expect anything better? Look at the logo on this page- they copy the Dead.

What?? The dead also has a dick with wings as a logo????

a.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:36 am 
Medium Poster

Just ordered 2 new kites for less than 1K, awsome deal....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:51 am 
Very Frequent Poster

local wrote:
Just ordered 2 new kites for less than 1K, awsome deal....

Then you need to update your signature... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:28 am 
Medium Poster

ther are reason best kites are so cheap. and this may be one of them. but why are are you knocking a kite company that is helping our sport so much with their prices. because of them other kite companies probably will feel pressure to lower their prices between them and wind express. so what if they photo shop pictures if thats how they save money then let them. this is a pointless argument and a waste of forum space. and no i do not work for best or ride for them or even own one of their kites i ride slinshots. but if you are gonna complain about a company atleast have something worth posting like quality problems or customer srvice problems. and as for the acronyms they probably do that for marketing. what sticks in your head better a.s.s. or c.a.s. because they could have called it controlled arc stabilizers or some bull shit like that. so please stop posting pointless stuff. i have never herd onr complaint about this company so get your shits and gigles and leave them alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:47 am 
Quote:
"Kite Scarecrow"]Here are four acronyms for you

WGAS
SSPAP
BFD
GAL

Who Gives a Shit, So Somebody Photoshopped A Picture, Big Fucking Deal! Get A Life.

Ian (not an acronym)

Im with you on that one, who cares best has nice stuff...

Post subject: Point of this Topic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:49 am 
Medium Poster

Hey everyone,

Well my point from all of this was the rights (thank you tautologies) for the photos.

My other thought was that.....well shit if you have a product for the snow then it needs to be represented in the right way. Not in photos that have been faked. Do you think it's fair for the gereral public to look at the site and see the photos and think of those images when they are slapping down a Visa believing that they are going to be kiting on inflatables in a steady 15 mph breeze on the top of a huge pass in France with a kite that has never even seen that spot?????

I know...marketing is what it is. But this sport needs guidance and to have people see those images and then throw up a kite which will/can cause some serious injuries.

If you are going to show off a product in this industry it better be tested....and have proof of it....not shitty photoshopped images.

That's it.

Motz
http://www.kitesnowboarder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:18 am 
Very Frequent Poster

O.K. I come to two broad conclusions:

1) There's no f'ing WIND! Otherwise we (me included) couldn't possibly be bothered with this nonsense.

2) Everyone but me must be FILTHY RICH. At first blush I was impressed with Gumball's buy one get one free offer. So I went to the site. Sure enough - there it was. So I pick a 16 and a 14. Price: about $1150. Shit, these are about the least expensive kites available, and I still gotta drop $1150 for two of last year's models?

If you have a little time on your hands (and if you're reading this thread - YOU DO), you can beat that deal every time. I bought my first kite brand new (previous year's model). Since then I've only bought used. Typically, got them all crispy and new looking from someone that tried them once or twice - for $400 to $500. Or buy them with a little time on them for $200. I'm just going to be able to live with myself easier when I rip my $200 kite than I would a brand new $1200 kite (and I'm not easy to live with anyway).

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to bust Gumball's balls. He does sell 'em cheaper than most. I'm just surprised and glad there are so many people out there buying brand new kites (so I can buy them used).

RC

[ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next