Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gumball: Where is your response to the FS-Bet?

Forum for kitesurfers
jahmaze
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jahmaze » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:21 pm

johnmelton wrote: Don't be so quick to doubt your creation Alex
.. he just knows what he hypes and what it is true are two different things ..

Mattdog
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Mattdog » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:59 pm

Can Anyone comment on how the FS Speed is for water reluanching?

johnmelton
Frequent Poster

Postby johnmelton » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:11 pm

no direct experience with the Speed, but judging from my expirience with other Flysurfers I would say it is easy to relaunch, even with the high aspect it should be easy.

Klaus (c:E
Very Frequent Poster
Style: lousy
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Klaus (c:E » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:16 pm

Hai,

i had two relaunches with the 10 m² Speed. Astonishingly easy.
Only if water should get into the kite, the Speed shows some disatvantages due to the high AR.

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:20 pm

jahmaze wrote:
My English is bad, but yours sucks. :bye:

high123
Frequent Poster

Postby high123 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:25 pm

I'm surprised that only a few forum users in the original thread noticed the ridiculous formula Armin wants to use to determine the winner. Read the re-posted message above carefully. He's not applying any weighting factors, just adding/subtracting the elapsed times for the different disciplines.

Going upwind in light winds for -- lets say -- 150 seconds and then subtracting 3 seconds for hang time ... Very smart!

So is going upwind roughly 50 times more important than jumping performance? I don't think so. Talk to any Rhino 2 owners. They sacrifice a lot when it comes to upwind performance compared to modern kites but the jumps are great. So in their view jumping is even more important than going upwind.

I respect Armin for his contribution to foil design but he seems to have a very eccentric view about what is fun in kitesurfing and before he aligns his views with mainstream views this whole bet thing is pretty pointless.

the_lone_wolf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby the_lone_wolf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:37 pm

hahahaha, the conspiricy theorists are heving a field day in this one :lol:

Tone is a moderator and teamrider for http://www.foilzone.com - so am i, he isn't using any alter ego on this forum afaik, and he has no reason to hide from his posts, like some...

carry on......

jrobson
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jrobson » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:38 pm

high123 wrote:I'm surprised that only a few forum users in the original thread noticed the ridiculous formula Armin wants to use to determine the winner. Read the re-posted message above carefully. He's not applying any weighting factors, just adding/subtracting the elapsed times for the different disciplines.

Going upwind in light winds for -- lets say -- 150 seconds and then subtracting 3 seconds for hang time ... Very smart!

So is going upwind roughly 50 times more important than jumping performance? I don't think so. Talk to any Rhino 2 owners. They sacrifice a lot when it comes to upwind performance compared to modern kites but the jumps are great. So in their view jumping is even more important than going upwind.

I respect Armin for his contribution to foil design but he seems to have a very eccentric view about what is fun in kitesurfing and before he aligns his views with mainstream views this whole bet thing is pretty pointless.
Remember 3 jumps, heigh in meters and hangtime in seconds get's taken off, this is only on the last run, not a combined 3 runs, so if the last run is 150 seconds, you can take off 12seconds in hangtime alone, another 6?seconds in jump height. looping the kite 3 times, that time get's added to the last run, so if one kite can turn twice as fast as another there is what, another 6 seconds possible then there was also a suggestion to do a relaunch and to add that to the time as well? So you can easily cut off 20-30 seconds off the run, but even so all different categories will be listed seperately as well, so it doesn't matter what the formula looks like and it is negotionable, a proposal and open to suggestions so don't get caught up in the details. Best never made any proper suggestions from their side.

jahmaze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jahmaze » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:59 pm

mikeysfl wrote:
jahmaze wrote:
My English is bad, but yours sucks. :bye:

thanks for the compliment.. :bye:

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:06 am

your welcome my friend. :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”