Forum for kitesurfers
Bradders
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North vegas and 5th element ?????

Postby Bradders » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:37 pm

I have recently purchased a North vegas 12m 05 and took it out for the first time with my standard 4 line bar set-up.
The kite felt OK but I expected it to feel a bit better after splashing out the cash. Flew well back in window, didn't go up wind easily, depower wasn't what I expected and my arms were aching like mad after a 2 hour session. Is it worth splashing out to get the 5th line bar set-up and how will it increase the performance ?

Paco
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Paco » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:50 pm

I have V´04 10+14m and V´05 18m and have only used them with the 5th Element. So I can´t tell you about performance with 4 lines.

But... I can tell you that with 5 lines: I love them and 95% of the people who have used them love them as well. The only drawback I find in them is the price tag.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Re: North vegas and 5th element ?????

Postby Dwight » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:45 pm

Bradders wrote:I have recently purchased a North vegas 12m 05 and took it out for the first time with my standard 4 line bar set-up.
The kite felt OK but I expected it to feel a bit better after splashing out the cash. Flew well back in window, didn't go up wind easily, depower wasn't what I expected and my arms were aching like mad after a 2 hour session. Is it worth splashing out to get the 5th line bar set-up and how will it increase the performance ?
Are you flying it on the front pigtail knot designed for 4 line use? Or the end knot designed for 5 line use?

shredster
Frequent Poster

??

Postby shredster » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:42 pm

Dwight, can you be more specific? I fly all my Vegas kites( 04's & 05's)on the end pigtail knots and fastest turning attachment points. :?:

Skooner Jr.
Frequent Poster

Postby Skooner Jr. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:43 am

I had the same problem on my 12m Vegas 04.

So I am now using the rear frontline pigtails and the rear rearline pigtails (thats confusing now isn't it). This helped alot and I adjusted my lines again because the fronts are stretching like mad and my kite woudln't depower very much at all.

This kite has tonnes of power and I ride it 1/2 sheeted off alot. At full depower it turns pretty slow (most kites do). At full power it's like a bomb out there.

Bradders
Medium Poster

Fifth element ?????

Postby Bradders » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:56 am

was a bit underpowered most of the session and was flying kite with depower strap totally backed off and the kite was flying off the back lines. used outside (fastest) pigtail connection points on front and rear and used 'shortest' knot attachment on rear pigtails as desribed in the manual.
I know this fifth line topic is old now but I have managed perfectly well on 4 lines up till now. Advice appreciated, Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”