Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

what bothers you?
anything to say without your name?

keep flaming - here's your chance !


AaronBay
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Brisbane
Brand Affiliation: None

Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby AaronBay » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:10 am

Attended a kiterace in Brisbane last weekend organised by Surf Connect. Very profesisonally run and enjoyed by all. I was however totally disgusted with another local kiteshop trying to cause havoc to disrupt the event by posting on facebook telling all to go and kite where the race was on, knowingly there was an event on. Even worst they told people to kite in between the buoys (to deliberately get in the way of the races?) WT?!? Then all their few riders came down in their red clown shirts kiting and getting in everyone's way. There is also this joker with a 17m Core he is either a troll or a total idiot, kept crashing his kite right in the middle of the race course. I am surprised no one punched them out. What tops it up was 2 of their instructors came to teach at a beach where a kite event was on. One was a chick teaching upwind of the start line, of course in no time, her student was dragged right into the racing area. The other instructor was teaching downwind right behind the course, and the racers have to ditch to go past them. And they call themselves giving professional lessons. What a joke! I know I won't be recommending them to anyone! Here is a screeen shot of their posting on FB.....

AaronBay
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Brisbane
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby AaronBay » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 am

The file....
Attachments
kp2.JPG

User avatar
jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 958
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:59 am
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Ozones and Flysurfers
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oleander
Contact:

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby jakemoore » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:31 am

Wow. That's really quite unprofessional. Maybe they weren't invited to race? Why would anybody do that on purpose?

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1756
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:35 am

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby OzBungy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:33 am

Just looking at the comment I think it was meant as a lame joke. A bit of a paraphrase if "Swim between the flags."

It's the sort of thing that will happen when you allow the juvenile or chronically stupid to have access to keyboards connected to the internet.

There's no way Kitepower would deliberately set out to the sabotage a kite race. The principals of the company are all mega kite nerds. They would just love to see kite racing become a huge sport.

AaronBay
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Brisbane
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby AaronBay » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:04 am

It was just like that you wouldn't believe it! Quite a joke to see a kiteshop with such behaviour. All their team riders like having a protest of the event, standing there like total idiots. Even the store manager Jon came down to join in the brawl! There are like tons of beaches closer to their shop, absolutely no reason for them to come and disrupt the event. BAD!

User avatar
kitepower
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2723
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone, Axis and Delta Designs surfboards
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Location: Australia

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby kitepower » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 am

AaronBay wrote:It was just like that you wouldn't believe it! Quite a joke to see a kiteshop with such behaviour. All their team riders like having a protest of the event, standing there like total idiots. Even the store manager Jon came down to join in the brawl! There are like tons of beaches closer to their shop, absolutely no reason for them to come and disrupt the event. BAD!


Thats Bullshit AaronB, and why are you here on an international forum posting about a small local kite shop organised race in Brisbane?
Are you a team rider for that other shop?

The truth is that the post on FB was harmless, tongue in cheek, end of story.
The truth is that a Kitepower/Ozone team rider correctly entered and actually won the race.
The truth is there was no brawl, there was no trouble, there was no interference with the race.
The truth is that you are hiding behind an anonymous name and login, and that your agenda is to smear and damage another legitimate, respectable business.

User avatar
ryanroberts1983
Frequent Poster
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:42 am

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby ryanroberts1983 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:25 pm

kitepower wrote:
AaronBay wrote:It was just like that you wouldn't believe it! Quite a joke to see a kiteshop with such behaviour. All their team riders like having a protest of the event, standing there like total idiots. Even the store manager Jon came down to join in the brawl! There are like tons of beaches closer to their shop, absolutely no reason for them to come and disrupt the event. BAD!


Thats Bullshit AaronB, and why are you here on an international forum posting about a small local kite shop organised race in Brisbane?
Are you a team rider for that other shop?

The truth is that the post on FB was harmless, tongue in cheek, end of story.
The truth is that a Kitepower/Ozone team rider correctly entered and actually won the race.
The truth is there was no brawl, there was no trouble, there was no interference with the race.
The truth is that you are hiding behind an anonymous name and login, and that your agenda is to smear and damage another legitimate, respectable business.


I love the internet.

On a Rampage
Medium Poster
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:20 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby On a Rampage » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:48 pm

kitepower wrote:
AaronBay wrote:It was just like that you wouldn't believe it! Quite a joke to see a kiteshop with such behaviour. All their team riders like having a protest of the event, standing there like total idiots. Even the store manager Jon came down to join in the brawl! There are like tons of beaches closer to their shop, absolutely no reason for them to come and disrupt the event. BAD!


Thats Bullshit AaronB, and why are you here on an international forum posting about a small local kite shop organised race in Brisbane?
Are you a team rider for that other shop?

The truth is that the post on FB was harmless, tongue in cheek, end of story.
The truth is that a Kitepower/Ozone team rider correctly entered and actually won the race.
The truth is there was no brawl, there was no trouble, there was no interference with the race.
The truth is that you are hiding behind an anonymous name and login, and that your agenda is to smear and damage another legitimate, respectable business.


KP, Wether it is tongue and cheek or not, the FB page above makes you look pretty bad to most that see it. Even the last 2 posters on FB say negative things about your comment. We can't see what the other 4 posters are saying either. Probably more posters now. Please copy and paste the rest so we can see that it was tongue and cheek as you say.

AaronBay
Rare Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Brisbane
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby AaronBay » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Nice try mate, but you cannot put fire out without water.

Fact is KITEPOWER did try to disrupt the event, unless you deny the screenshot of your facebook.
Fact is your team riders behaved like clowns. Everyone there saw it. Have you not seen the posts people put up at Surf Connect's FB's page? Everyone is laughing at your idiotic team riders. They are all branded as the kitepower clowns now.
Fact is your instructors did teach without due care. You are lucky no one got hurt on the day as it wouldnt be hard to find witnesses. Your instructors should never have run lessons in such environment.
Fact is none of your riders won the event as you stated. None of their names nor Ozone kites are on the winners list. Perhaps that is why you are having a cry?

I am not a team rider of any shops, just speaking out as I see fit.

As to why I posted this here, cos I know you are ganged up with the guys on seabreeze forum and my post would be deleted in no time. The public deserves to hear the truth.



kitepower wrote:
AaronBay wrote:It was just like that you wouldn't believe it! Quite a joke to see a kiteshop with such behaviour. All their team riders like having a protest of the event, standing there like total idiots. Even the store manager Jon came down to join in the brawl! There are like tons of beaches closer to their shop, absolutely no reason for them to come and disrupt the event. BAD!


Thats Bullshit AaronB, and why are you here on an international forum posting about a small local kite shop organised race in Brisbane?
Are you a team rider for that other shop?

The truth is that the post on FB was harmless, tongue in cheek, end of story.
The truth is that a Kitepower/Ozone team rider correctly entered and actually won the race.
The truth is there was no brawl, there was no trouble, there was no interference with the race.
The truth is that you are hiding behind an anonymous name and login, and that your agenda is to smear and damage another legitimate, respectable business.

User avatar
Clarencephil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:45 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Disgusting behaviour by kiteshop in Australia

Postby Clarencephil » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

But are you certain the entire world needs to know this ?? :argue:


Return to “Flamer's Paradise”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests