Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ban Half Day Lessons III

Forum for kitesurfers
Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:08 am

fokiten wrote:Regards,

The most vital piece of instruction in kitesurfing is not rigging, anyone can rig, is not bodydragging, no one as the ability not to be drug, is not self rescue, that's more about saving the kite, these non skilled non primary items are the total focus of intro or level one lessons.

Now I'm talking about the IKO list of skills.

rigging
bodydrag
self resuce
launch
land

That's it that's all you get.

This is a problem, WHY? because it is alleged this is all the instruction you need to go it alone.
Toby, lets take a stand on the BS this fool dishes out. Nowhere on the IKO or Kitepower website does it say you are good to go out alone, after completing IKO Level 1 training.
Delete his posts when he makes idiotic replies like this.
Put the whole damned thread in Flamers, but don't leave it here in the main section, please.

This level one leaves a novice rigged launched on our/your/their(the publics) beach, Now WHAT????
Now what - more of your bullshit is all.
They are well aware they need to learn more - you idiot.
IKO trained instructors should teach in a planned, methodical, logical and practical way, and any good instructor leaves the student at the end of a lesson with a clear idea of what is needed next.

You fucking assholes strand these novices on the beach without the skill to leave...THAT NOT RIGHT
thanks
fokiten
[/quote]

This is from the innocent guy that never abuses anyone or calls people names.

Wake up Fokiten, you are a sellout fool, with nothing to offer.

Where is your lesson plan?
Detailed
For the person who know nothing about kites?
Come on cough it up, where is this famous plan?

(No - not the one where you and a bunch of your redneck lemming mates, grab a boat loaded with beer and some dope, and thow the "perp" in the deep with no idea of what to do while you and the bros have a good laugh- you posted this, thats what you said, and of course you do it for the beer or for free)

Thanks
Sheez

:lol:

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack
Last edited by Ozone Kites AUS on Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rockstar » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:26 am

Steve,calm down !!

Don't get angry !

That is what Fokiten feeds on !

He has nothing to offer. He just gets enjoyment when you respond to his comments.

He has no plan.He has nothing to offer the kiting World.
He would get great delight from his posts being deleted or banned,
He suffers from some sort of social disorder.
He has no friends.
He is just that weirdo,loner guy that you see every now and then at every spot. He is VERY bitter.

We should pity him !

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:02 am

Thanks for the support Rockstar.
I'm not angry, amused, bemused maybe.
I do feel pity for Fokiten, and any people that are close to him, he is sick, and in denial for sure, I agree.

My take on it is a bit like what happen at the start and throughout everyday, firstly the cat I belong too, meows persistently, wanting food as soon as I appear in its field of vision, eventually attacking my hand as I try to type, or leg as I try to reorder the shop.
I surrender, and feed it, kidding myself that I'm in charge, but I don't care because I love what the cat gives me.
On and on it goes, customers, staff, suppliers, they all own me, I give them what they need, and I get what sustains me, its all good.

I know what they all want, nothing but the Best! :D

I'm pretty dumb and simple, otherwise,

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:56 am

Sea&Sun wrote:Fo this is one of the biggest pimps i have ever seen. Who could ever say they can teach all this in two hours. We need to hammer this school!!! Look at this Ad it really sucks!!

Kiteboarding Level One - Sans Souci (NSW)

Description

This is where you build on the skills learnt in the Intro to become fully independent. At the end of Level One, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own, including rigging, launching, re-launching, body-dragging and self rescue, and have a great time along the way.

Located right on Botany Bay, Sans Souci is one of Sydney's premier kiteboarding locations. Rich, Dave and Tim make up the Kitepower Instruction Team and are highly qualified kiteboarding instructors with Level 2 IKO accreditation. Everyone in the team has been kiteboarding for more than 3 years and love what they do.

When you order a lesson online, we send you a gift voucher, lesson pack, with information for you to read up on before you come along to the lesson. If you are purchasing the voucher for someone else please remember to add their name and phone to the fields below. We won't call the person before the date of the gift!

Kiteboarding Level One - 2 hours, $140 pp
Requirements: Previous experience or 'Intro to Kiteboarding' Essential
Includes: - Review of Intro - Setup, launching and control of the kite.
- Learn how to launch, land and recover a kite independently.
- 'Body Drag' with and without a harness.
- Water relaunching
- Self rescue and self pack-up
Once you complete the above requirements, then you'll get a chance to try a board!

What you need to bring: - Strong, sturdy clothes
- Wetsuit & booties (booties optional)
- Towel & change of clothes
- Drinks, sunscreen, lunch, etc.
We supply all kiting gear, helmet and PFD's

Note: To become proficient at an IKO 'Kiteboarder Level One' standard - you might require more than one lesson. It takes time to master all the aspects of the course. Any kite experience helps, so get practicing with those trainer kites.

At the end of level 1, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).

Please read our 'Terms and Conditions' before purchasing this product:
• Vouchers are valid for 12 months - contact us prior to this date if you wish to extend this.
• Kiteboarding is extremely weather dependant. Your lesson may need to be postponed if Kitepower feels that conditions are unsafe or unsuitable. However, we cannot refund vouchers for weather conditions OF ANY SORT.
• Don't purchase a voucher unless you are willing to travel to any of the location above.
• Remember that you won't be getting up on a kiteboard in one session - it takes several sessions and attempts to develop the necessary skills with the kite. Kiteboarding is 70% kite, 10% board - The rest is confidence, coolness, courage.

Details

SKU: KB988
Length: 2 Hours
Price: $ 140.00
For your review:

Regards,

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:59 am

uncleneil wrote:This is to Fo and Sea & Sun. Just to be curious. What lessons have you had in your life. How many? How many hours with an instructor before you were released into the kiteboarding world? Have you had any kitemares or accidents?
Hello Uncleneil
Here ya go if you want to here it. After the first time I saw someone really kiting I knew, I no longer wanted to windsurf. I was going to take a 4 hour all ya need to know lesson to get into the sport at the local shop which was the only one around at the time. I talked to a good kiter who came in the next day and he explained to me why I should ride down to Hatteras and take a Real Kitebroading three-day camp. I decided to do that but could not get into a camp for a month. I then order a trainer kite practiced with that every day and bought the Boost video. Watched the video ten times. I also went to the beach watched and picked the brains of all the kiters. I really liked the Real Zero to Hero camp. I was still a Zero after the camp but I got a lot of water time and learned a lot about what can happen and what and what not to do. With the water time I got a good respect for the power of a kite. I came back home with a two line Wipka Free Air and a 150 Mystery board. I busted my ass for months on the two line and could not stay upwind until I finally changed it to four line mode. I was the last and only person in the area to use a two line at that time. I always felt four lines would be a problem with line tangles and that’s why I kept at two line for so long.
My worst kitemare was one day when out far the wind stopped, kite came down and I could not relaunch. Decided to roll up lines and come back in with kite. Rolled up on line about 5 meters so the kite would not launch while rolling up the other lines. I tried to stay away from other lines during this process. Started to feel lines around my left leg and the current began to be getting stronger. Went down to try to move lines off my leg could not get them off. Went to get my little rusted knife to cut the lines and to my surprise found out my right arm was now also tangled in lines. Tried to get out of the tangles for about ten minutes when a catamaran came by and ask if I needed help. I said yes and he tried to get to me but ended up between the kite and me. His rudder got tangled in the lines and he could not get his cat under control. Then the wind started to pick up and I was being dragged by the kite and the cat still tangled in lines. I was able to keep my head above water without any problem. We did this for about 15 minutes when and old center console boat with a very loud outboard engine came by. I was afraid his engine would get caught in the lines then pull me into the propeller. I was yelling “I have lines all aroundâ€

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:03 am

Kitepower and Rockstar

Don't you really think the schools' ad is claiming to teach a lot in a little time? Do you believe anyone can really learn all that in that time?

The ad states
At the end of level 1, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder. We get you most of the way - the rest is practice, and time on the kite. If you need further lessons, then we are still available to help $70/hour (your gear or ours).
Do you really think after the intro and level one most people would be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on thier own. That is asking for trouble. Would you want a guy with this background praticing on your beach. They should say "If your like Jim Thorpe than there is a chance you can go practice on your own after level one". The ad really makes newbies believe the can leave after level one get a kite and board and go at it alone from there. Its wrong.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:33 am

Sea&Sun wrote:Kitepower and Rockstar

Don't you really think the schools' ad is claiming to teach a lot in a little time? Do you believe anyone can really learn all that in that time?

The ad states
Do you really think after the intro and level one most people would be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on thier own. That is asking for trouble. Would you want a guy with this background praticing on your beach. They should say "If your like Jim Thorpe than there is a chance you can go practice on your own after level one". The ad really makes newbies believe the can leave after level one get a kite and board and go at it alone from there. Its wrong.
Sea&fokitsun

( FROM THE KITEPOWER.COM.AU WEBSITE) Note: To become proficient at an IKO 'Kiteboarder Level One' standard - you might require more than one lesson. It takes time to master all the aspects of the course. Any kite experience helps, so get practicing with those trainer kites.

And

( FROM THE KITEPOWER.COM.AU WEBSITE) At the end of level 1, you should be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on your own - but it doesn't make you a kiteboarder.

And
Do you really think after the intro and level one most people would be proficient to go out and fly a kiteboarding kite on thier own.

(FROM THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU) YES, its not rocket science, and we clearly state that the customer may need to complete more than 1 x 2 hr lesson to achieve autonomy, but our instructors will not bullshit to them, nor will locals let them trash our launches

The ad really makes newbies believe the can leave after level one get a kite and board and go at it alone from there.
You live in fantasy land, the same land that "Fokiten got nothing except spite and negativity", lives in.
The ad makes newbies beleive, yeah right. :o

Where is you plan?
Where is your solution?
Come on, you and Fokiten give it up.
NOW
Thanks
Sheez
Thanks,,,,,,,

:D

Cya and

Feed the cat

Steve McCormack

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:58 am

So ,,,I see,,, you say, "so get flying those trainer kites"

Let's get this sorted then, when your ad says:

This is where you build on the skills learnt in the Intro to become fully independent. At the end of Level One, you should be proficient to go out and fly a>>>>>kiteboarding kite<<<<<< on your own, including rigging, launching, re-launching, body-dragging and self rescue, and have a great time along the way.

What you really meant was:

This is where you build on the skills learnt in the Intro to become fully independent. At the end of Level One, you should be proficient to go out and fly a >>>>Trainer Kite<<<< on your own, including rigging, launching, re-launching, body-dragging and self rescue, and have a great time along the way.

Is that right?

Well???? why the f*** didn't you say so?

we wouldn't even be here, but for that TYPO

You are running around calling everybody names and it's just because of YOUR typo????

Well at least you'll fix it NOW Right???

you will fix it RIGHT???

hard to believe,,,but ok it's JUST a typo
fokiten

Hear I thought it was the old "bait and switch", but it's just a typo.
nice...hmmm,,,yeah,,

And just to be clear this IKO level one is STILL just the fully independent trainer kite level, NO FULLY INDEPENDENT KITESURFING KITE FLYING IS IMPLIED right?

We need you to answer

This is why
Toby, lets take a stand on the BS this fool dishes out. Nowhere on the IKO or Kitepower website does it say you are good to go out alone, after completing IKO Level 1 training.
Put the whole damned thread in Flamers, but don't leave it here in the main section, please.
Thanks

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:02 am

We need you to answer

This is why
Thanks
[/quote]

This WE you refer to, its you and all your aliases right?
Just want to clear all that up, make sure its not a typo?

And when you reply, could you please post your lesson plan, you must have one right?

Why else would you bait and twist, avoiding all questions directed to YOU about substance?

You wouldn't do this because you are obsessed, paranoid, delusional, spiteful, stupid, idiotic, stoned, drunk, or just plain addicted to reading your own posts on forums, surely?

Where's the lesson plan
Now
In detail?
For the person who knows nothing about kites or kitesurfing?
Thanks

Sheez

:lol:

Cya and

Feed the cat

Steve McCormack

Scribbler
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Scribbler » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am

Obstinate, Conceited, Vain, Hypocritical, Arrogant
Are all terms generally used to describe the character traits displayed by Fokitten on his Fo-rum.

I bet he wishes he was Toby...

But back to the point, Fokker, where's your Training Manual?

Beers and a Boat.... sweet&lethal, Mo-Fo.

Enlighten us.

Return to “Kitesurfing”