*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:22 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 28973
Location: World (KF Admin)
if you have a point about safety issues, then please sstate what you would do better.

Show as a better instruction plan, since I think everyone wants safe lessons. And if you think they are not safe enough, teach us, our whole sport will be thankful!
But if you have nothing to offer, this thread will end here.

Every conflict can be solved, let's do it now or there is no conflict.

Thanks
Toby


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:24 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 28973
Location: World (KF Admin)
PS: I can't confirm that Fokiten and S&S are the same person...


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:24 pm 
Regards,

The most vital piece of instruction in kitesurfing is not rigging, anyone can rig, is not bodydragging, no one as the ability not to be drug, is not self rescue, that's more about saving the kite, these non skilled non primary items are the total focus of intro or level one lessons.

Now I'm talking about the IKO list of skills.

rigging
bodydrag
self resuce
launch
land

That's it that's all you get.


This is a problem, WHY? because it is alleged this is all the instruction you need to go it alone.

This level one leaves a novice rigged launched on our/your/their(the publics) beach, Now WHAT????

You guessed it. They must now try and leave the beach.


I should not have to point out that this is where it ALL goes to hell in a hand basket.

Instead of nice easy controlled (launch like flying) which they have been
taught they have to DIVE the kite,,Get up on the board, DIVE the kite...etc.


There is no way in hell they have had an iota of experience with diving a full sized (plane your ass away able) kite on the beach before that would have been nuts,,

NO they flew little kites,,,,NO they learned to move it SLOW,,no they spent all the time dragging downwind underpowered.

They PASSED with flying colors.

The only thing they forgot to teach them was how to kitesurf.


It's my considdered opinion that KITESURFING should be a part of the lesson.



That Deep water is the only safe place to learn to waterstart.



I cannot understand the vitirolic rhetoric I've had to face in saying that KITESURFING should be part of a kitesurf LESSON.



WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

thanks
shezz

You fucking assholes strand these novices on the beach without the skill to leave...THAT NOT RIGHT
thanks
fokiten


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:36 pm 
Toby wrote:
PS: I can't confirm that Fokiten and S&S are the same person...


So it's safe to assume this Sea&Sun is just another:

deluded
spitefull
revengeful
drugcrazed
narsisitc
obsessed
delusional
mentally ill
selfabsorbed
pariniod
got nothig to offer
slagging
loser
dickfaced
nice person,,,is that a safe assumption?

Just think about the situation, that's all I ask, just think about how Fucked up this IKO crap is

Thanks
fo

forgive me, I know I left out about a dozen k/p slights in this list.

Anyone care to make a total list?

I think that would be great, just think you could rattle it off to that guy that pissed you off in traffic....

The total slaggggggggggggggggggggggggg! LOL

Damn, I might do it myself

Regards
fo


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:15 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 198
fokiten wrote:
Toby wrote:
PS: I can't confirm that Fokiten and S&S are the same person...


So it's safe to assume this Sea&Sun is just another:

[...]
nice person,,,is that a safe assumption?


It's safe to assume you're too dumb to kitesurf if it takes you longer than 5 minutes to work out how to provide an arbitrary IP address after googling "free proxy".

Fo, don't come down on Sea&Sun so hard dude. Your compelling argument has won that guy over to your side. Now, if only some newbies would read it... :D

Sea&Sun wrote:
fokiten wrote:
face it,,,

unless you have the support of the local guys; you're a outcast.

Nobody has enough cash to get the care you need...

$$ lessons are the best way to become a outcast, a kook a hated new guy a threat to everyone,,,,

money programs suck
fokiten



Maybe at least some newbies will read this and go to a camp or take two lessons?

:D


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:22 pm 
Yup.,,

Thanks again excellent point.

I will not instruct a OBVIOUS un-skilled stranger, I will only tell him you cannot kite here.

I will help a guy I know, I'll fly his gear up wind to a point so he can get sweet watertime without risk of beach damage.

I'll bend over backward to help out a new local,,but I'll just tell a stranger without skills you can't kite here your not ready...

Good point

It's better not to take lessons if it means you are going to be an outcast at your spot.

fokiten


PS. this is just my on-line recreation, keeps me sharp,,I could give a fuck if they listen,, I enjoy telling the unpopular truth,,It's recreation for me, the truth is my edge,,you can't overide the truth...

See my posts for examples of the truth as I see it,,,

I own my opinions,, go ahead see if you can take them away,,,
That's the game.

I only post what I'm willing to back-up

Thanks for being you
fo


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:58 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 737
fokiten wrote:
Toby wrote:
PS: I can't confirm that Fokiten and S&S are the same person...


So it's safe to assume this Sea&Sun is just another:

deluded
spitefull
revengeful
drugcrazed
narsisitc
obsessed
delusional
mentally ill
selfabsorbed
pariniod
got nothig to offer
slagging
loser
dickfaced
nice person,,,is that a safe assumption?

Just think about the situation, that's all I ask, just think about how Fucked up this IKO crap is

Thanks
fo

forgive me, I know I left out about a dozen k/p slights in this list.

Anyone care to make a total list?

I think that would be great, just think you could rattle it off to that guy that pissed you off in traffic....

The total slaggggggggggggggggggggggggg! LOL

Damn, I might do it myself

Regards
fo

Fo had did you know all this about me? Yet you claim we aren’t the same person. To anyone that cares and I am sure its not many we are different people. I am and old fart on the East Coast. I really think it is cool that some would think I was a young aggressive kiter. In my opinion the best kite lessons are the camps like Real Kiteboarding plenty water time and plenty rigging and what ifs.

The original reason for this post was to try and find schools claiming that you can kite on your own in half a day. In past post it became very clear that the great majority really believe a half day only lesson is ridiculous and dangerous for everyone. Some schools in tourist location seem to give the impression that you could have breakfast then after lunch buy your kite and go on your own. We had a response from PASA that they feel at least two lessons with a break in-between are a minimum for a good athlete.
I think we should bury this post and start one about what do you think a good course for learning to kite should include and see what schools have it now.

What do I think I mean what do you think Fo? PS I would bet there isin't much wind now where you are!


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:28 pm 
Regards SEA&SUN,

I think you found one of those schools and they are not to pleased to have been found out.

I think kitesurfing should not be the target of a casual program that claims they will deliver you from no experience whatsoever into a fully enabled kite operator with all the knowlege you will need to go buy equipment and go it alone in 4 hours.

The motive here appears to be the classic BAIT & SWITCH, a detestable practice that insults the sensiblities of any seasoned kite freak.


I'm done with this expose'

I'm leaving you in charge.

Good luck you,
you,
deluded
spitefull
revengeful
drugcrazed
narsisitc
obsessed
delusional
mentally ill
selfabsorbed
pariniod
got nothig to offer
slagging
loser
dickfaced
nice person,

LOl,, I'll see if I have the patience to compile the full list of Kitepower slights...

Thanks Sea&Sun,,kitesurfing newbs owe you a debt of gratitude.

Best Regards
fokiten is

OUT
:bye:


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:37 am
Posts: 1561
Location: SoCal
Fuckin hell Fokiten !

You are a seriously deluded idiot that knows how to type,and little else !

You are full of criticism,but have nothing to offer .

When I started out,there were no "kite schools" just a few instructors that varied in ability to teach.

Now there are kitesurfing schools,an organisation to regulate them and a whole new sense of responsibility.
Sure they are not perfect,but just like kite surfing itself,and kite design etc,they are improving all the time. The future is an unknown.At least some are moving towards the future with a positive attitude.

If we listened to you,we would all just give up !

If you want to change things,you have to get involved and work towards a future goal.

The only real advice I seem to glean from your deluded posts,is that NO MORE people should learn how to kite !


Yeah,OK, just press the button on your remote control and the things that trouble you will go away !

You think banging away on your keyboard,spewing out a stream of abuse and non sensical poetic shit will change anything ?

Not while their are good people like Kitepower actually out there doing something.

You are NOTHING , fokiten,just a blight on the forums. You just dont know how to get through to people. All they see is a ranting fool .


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:51 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:27 pm
Posts: 456
Location: San Fran
This is to Fo and Sea & Sun. Just to be curious. What lessons have you had in your life. How many? How many hours with an instructor before you were released into the kiteboarding world? Have you had any kitemares or accidents?


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group