Free kite from Best

Forum for kitesurfers
oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby oceanplay » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:27 pm

kitesurf66 wrote: You would have to know the history with him, he has come in here in the past with statements like, kill Americans and we got what we deserve after 9/11

If this dude is such an imbecil, why blame all French? I would direct any comments to him and not all Frech.
I didn't blame anyone and put myself in the generalization I am human

It's not fucked up at all, it was a joke get a life. See the smile at the end.

Not very educated, your right just enough to get by and acquire my licensees for the work I do.

Disrespect for woman? Now how in the hell is going to a bar to pickup a girl to have sex disrespecting her.

If you don't know the difference, you just proved my point!
.its slang we don't mean it literally
Different people have a different taste for humor is that ok or are you going to generalize that all people that laugh at jokes you don't like are bad people?
And that would be? Somehow I miss your point in this last sentence. If you clarify it, I almost sure I can give you a coherent comment.

K66
you generalize me.

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:30 pm

oceanplay wrote:k66

disrespect gets disrespect as you know, and that is my beef with webhiker.
Oceanplay,

Believe me, I have no beef with you, and do respect you. However, your comment did not sit well. A point was really well made that personal opinions need to remain personal. From here on, for any exchanges with you or anybody on this matter will be by PM. Excuse me if I have hijacked the thread. My sincere apologies to everybody.

K66

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:31 pm

k 66
I'm sure your good people, as me. I would and do help people all day i go out of my way to do it.

High Abuser
Frequent Poster
Gear: None really. Its been 7 years since I surfed.
Im trying to get back into now that live by water. North east Ohio.
17.5m Machine - 2005
11m Fuel 2004

Postby High Abuser » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:32 pm

OMG I just realised that I just bought in some bullshit thread comment war.

GET A LIFE !!!

High Abuser
Frequent Poster
Gear: None really. Its been 7 years since I surfed.
Im trying to get back into now that live by water. North east Ohio.
17.5m Machine - 2005
11m Fuel 2004

Postby High Abuser » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:52 pm

Lets go Kiting & grab some beers !!

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:12 pm

Regards,,

I'd just like to say free kites are good thing...

I do so enjoy my free kites from best,,05 Yarga 11m. SWEET KITE no b/s required.

!3m. Hellfish,, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ride,,,no b/s required

Free Kites are a GREAT thing..

Thanks Alex
I love -um,,, no b/s was posted in this post
fokiten

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:07 pm

fokiten wrote:Regards,,

I'd just like to say free kites are good thing...

I do so enjoy my free kites from best,,05 Yarga 11m. SWEET KITE no b/s required.

!3m. Hellfish,, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET ride,,,no b/s required

Free Kites are a GREAT thing..

Thanks Alex
I love -um,,, no b/s was posted in this post
fokiten
No offense to you FO, I am sure you deserve it but....
so you're getting free kites...where others are having to pay?

It leaves me to wonder..I guess Best have their reasons, but when it is not clear to me why I am sponsoring fellow kiteforum members....I'm not about to buy another kite (#7) from Best.

Alex

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:45 pm

tautologies wrote: No offense to you FO, I am sure you deserve it but....
so you're getting free kites...where others are having to pay?

It leaves me to wonder..I guess Best have their reasons, but when it is not clear to me why I am sponsoring fellow kiteforum members....I'm not about to buy another kite (#7) from Best.
Come on Alex, your logic is better than this...

a) When you buy a kite... you look at its price and performance proposition compared to the alternatives... nothing more nothing less...

Though the kite was made in China... the fact I bought it doesn't mean I am sponsoring the Chinese government human rights abuse...

b) The amount of money you are talking about is $0.02 per kite... let's say Best sells 10k kites, $200 variable cost per kite, implies your subsidy to Fo is 2 pennies.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:39 pm

vietkiter wrote:
Come on Alex, your logic is better than this...

a) When you buy a kite... you look at its price and performance proposition compared to the alternatives... nothing more nothing less...

Though the kite was made in China... the fact I bought it doesn't mean I am sponsoring the Chinese government human rights abuse...

b) The amount of money you are talking about is $0.02 per kite... let's say Best sells 10k kites, $200 variable cost per kite, implies your subsidy to Fo is 2 pennies.
Aloha

Hehe, yes sure I know what you mean, and I am not trying to neither take Fo's kites away, nor am I trying to indicate that FO is not worth (my) 2 pennies...but I do think that an evaluation of a product from a company includes more than price and performance. There are a lot of facets to companies and the evaluation of their products, as the moment you ride a kite that has a big company logo on it, you in effect becomes a huge billboard and a semi-representative of that company...whether you want it or not...you could have evaluated only price and performance if all kites were neutral (no identifiers).
I have just seen the developments lately and I am not sure if I like it.

In addition you kind of ask youself..why can one person get free kites whereas the next does not? I've been a faithful customer (already bought 6 kites from Best) most of them I have had to wait for an extended period of time...at some point it is enough. I guess my point came when I ordered the BFK, and 4 weeks before I receieved it I was told by the CEO of the company that the kite was obsolete....and it kind of was.. Although it flies nicely the lowend is not too good.

I can understand sponsorships when it comes to kiters that perform, or essentially are paid spokespersons for a company, this has, as I perceive it, not been the process here...(but I guess since FO likes the kites he might end up being one...so what do you say FO? Are you (paid spokesperson)? ;-) )

So, I actually do think you have to evaluate a lot more than perfrormance / price.

Alex

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:01 am

personally i think fo has been bought....... 8)

Return to “Kitesurfing”