fokiten
Very Frequent Poster

Useless Posts: 3161

fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:20 pm

Maybe we should hand out some awards?

we could gladhand each other and acknowlege all the hard work.

Putting out a magazine is truly a philanthropic venture when it neither offends or informs.

Kudos for the dedication and props for all the hard work.

What a fucking great experience so many served and there's the proffit smiles and good times the "test-ta-ment".

we should have a kite-nite show some cool vids talk about safety, we could serve hot-dogs, and set up a demo in the parking lot...

How about

"The industry awards"

that's a catchy name...

set it up Rick,,you could write the copy

MikeDobell
Medium Poster

Postby MikeDobell » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:23 pm

you can do whatever you want fo. im going to go kite. winds picking up here. :bye:

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:28 pm

MikeDobell wrote:you can do whatever you want fo. im going to go kite. winds picking up here. :bye:
Yeah,,thanks micky I was waiting for your permission.

I admire your positivity it's positively possitive, we'll look for you at the awards dinner.

Regards
fo

kazi
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kazi » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:33 pm

RickI wrote: It was something fun and informative that KB Mag and Kiteforum pulled together.
Why don't I feel any better after reading all the defense of the "event"?, don't know what else to call it ...certainly not a lightwind test or showdown.

Is sounds like it's going to be as fun and informative as reading about some pro's party trip to East Timor.

...there wasn't any kite that got the majority of the testers upwind better than others and vice versa?, or got the majority of testers out in lighter winds than others?

:worry:

bobbi o
Frequent Poster

Postby bobbi o » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:33 pm

in my opinion the lightwind test winner/benchmark is the flysurfer flydoor 159 x 42 powered by the flysurfer speed 17sq.m.

obviously a lot of dudes out there dont have an open enough mind to even rate it,cos its a foil,but from my experience nothing out there can touch that combo.

dunno how it did in that test,but i'd be interested to hear of others comments and in their opinion if theres is other lightwind combos out there which outperform the above...

boooomshakala.

gumballs
Rare Poster

Postby gumballs » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:35 pm

WOW! What a coincidence. I can't believe that Paul Lang liked the Liquid Farce kite the best.

http://www.liquidforcekites.com/team_main.htm

Great job. Way to pick team riders for your highly subjective test of other brands.

BigR
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BigR » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:41 pm

in my opinion the lightwind test winner/benchmark is the flysurfer flydoor 159 x 42 powered by the flysurfer speed 17sq.m.
Even if it was , it would be the king of the foils category.

We, the majority , people would be most interested in the winner in the LEI category since we wouldn't buy a foil anyways. and yes, I have ridden a foil for many years but would never go for one no matter how great it was

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:50 pm

Fellow users,

It's time we took our sport back, the mags *** is nothing we should be paying for.

just my humble opinion

fokiten

bobbi o
Frequent Poster

Postby bobbi o » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:53 pm

big boy,in 99 my first kite was a foil,inflatables since then,but i feel like a change,the speed handles just like my current kites,rips up wind way better, you dont have to pump the fuckers up and you dont get pumped on re-sale value after six months.

whats you problem?

Return to “Kitesurfing”