Forum for kitesurfers
Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Only fair

Postby Rockstar » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:33 am

After reading the bashing of the Crossbow,on the Best Forum,under the title "Only Fair" I got to wondering..........

First,why are they still claiming to be bringing out a flat kite?

Second, if they signed an exclusive deal with Cuben Fibre,barring the material being made available to any other kite manufacturers,would it not be "Only Fair" if the design licence for flat kites was kept from them ?

Am I being petty ?

Am I starting to think like a Best rep?

Are they full of it?

Jan:)
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Only fair

Postby Jan:) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:03 am

Rockstar wrote: First,why are they still claiming to be bringing out a flat kite?
Just a good guess: they expect their own kite to be better?
Rockstar wrote: Second, if they signed an exclusive deal with Cuben Fibre,barring the material being made available to any other kite manufacturers,would it not be "Only Fair" if the design licence for flat kites was kept from them ?
As far as I know, there is no Patent for "flat kites", just for the bridle-concept used for the crossbow. I doubt Best will be interrested in paying for the license anyway, but that is speculation.
Am I being petty ?
yes :)

stoner
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby stoner » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:19 am

No, I don't think you're starting to think like a best rep yet RS.

You're still missing the driving principle of the biz.

According to SQ, the greedy Legaignoux brothersare only in it for the revenue stream. That would mean that they don't care who they sell their patents to, as long as there's a buck to be made. Best are still sitting pretty.

They get to have their cake & eat it too. Get SQ and gumball to undermine the flat design (because it exists and is selling) yet keep the door open for their own revolutionary flat kite that will make all other flat kites obsolete, just because it's made out of their :hah: wonder fibre.

Why should they take their bullshit hype down now? Sure, it's a good joke to the people who have been following it for a while, but think of all the impressionable newbies that go to the Best site just looking for a cheapest kite. :o Wow... these Best guys must really know what they're doing. :lol: Seriously though... some of those impressionable newbs are going to buy it, thus helping maintain revenue stream. :thumb:

Is that right SQ?

Return to “Kitesurfing”