Gary
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best?

Postby Gary » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:10 am

Hi
there has been a rumor for few days that Best kind of went bankrupt or something. (the word I heard was "blow up")
for sure we're seeing less post on the forums from them.
but still, does anyone has info on this?
sq225917 I know you said you don't work with them anymore, but do you have any news maybe?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:31 am

read the according thread....no, they are not bankrupt. Still there and working on 2006 products.

Jason Fumoso
Rare Poster

Postby Jason Fumoso » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:08 am

I heard the same .I was informed by a best insider that the company has filed for bankruptcy.

shredster
Frequent Poster

Shame

Postby shredster » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:28 am

I wonder what the Best girls will do for work? :oops:

Not funny really, but I can't see how all the kite companies can stay in business. I know our local shops had a very poor summer for lessons and that means sales on kites were probably down as well. Man the prices sure haven't come down on the new stuff, but there are some good deals on ebay. :bye:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:56 am

Jason Fumoso wrote:I heard the same .I was informed by a best insider that the company has filed for bankruptcy.
hey dude..it is really not okay to be saying stuff like that. You can feel whatever you want to feel about Best...but until you can say exactly who and what and when...this is just hearsay and absolute bollocks.

Alex

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:13 am

Shannon must be out Kiteboarding, lucky bastard, as I didn't manage to speak with him when I rang.

I had a bloody good chat with Best about next years stuff etc. Pushed for news on the next generation of kites etc. All a bloody secret so I can't tell you anything. think they learned a horrible lesson about over hype and have a newer more mature attitude to product releases now.

Most of you know BEST moved quickly into real retail shops so the sales guys on the floor and the training centers are doing their part for BEST now. This was always in their plan as I talked to them about it from day one. Good to see the company still growing in a dynamic fashion.
They have a few solid changes going on, I'm expecting to see a fresh new online attitude, a more under sell and over deliver style (well I hope so). Some new blood coming in too. All very exciting stuff, good to hear it.
The 100% kiteboarding attitude rocks on.

Oh yeah... i'm gonna spill this
They are going to run a hot deal on BFK kites so qiz them on it if your a direct shopper or talk to your local rep. hint...hint... 342

Good on ya Shannon!

BEST are only a phone call away, even from New Zealand!
Cheers Lee

Mosaic
Medium Poster

Postby Mosaic » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:05 pm

Unlikely they would need to file for b/k - I doubt they have much outstanding debt assuming they paid back all the Hellfish deposits. It is probably just a question of when Alex wants to stop writing checks. Given his bravado, I would think there is no way he would walk away from this business without taking another shot. That would give too many people too much satisfaction.

Return to “Kitesurfing”