Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST has been sold.... (rumour or reality)

Forum for kitesurfers
sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:43 pm

philip, your kind of a negative guy really arent you, based in sidney, fresh log in and id, got it in the ass for best and anyone involved with them.....

if you've got it to offer, why don't you step up to plate and show people what a great hand you're holding........

SID
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SID » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:03 am

Don't mind Phillip he is just a poor guy trapped in a womans
body :lol: :lol:

....and he/she is the one Full of Shit thing started these stupid rumours

SID

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:13 am

sq225917 wrote:philip, your kind of a negative guy really arent you, based in sidney, fresh log in and id, got it in the ass for best and anyone involved with them.....

if you've got it to offer, why don't you step up to plate and show people what a great hand you're holding........
SQ, I'm sure you think I'm one of these kiteshops that is pissed of with BEST and is using a fresh log and id to bash (at least that's what you are saying, isn't it). I was pissed off as an idividual and am not afraid to make that pretty clear. The HF f*** up left me without kites for 5 weeks. I missed some really good sessions and sold my old gear very cheap.

YOU ARE WRONG. I am not associated with any kite shop. If you had followed my locotion of my previous posts it was London. The only reason why you're seeing more of my posts right now is that I've broken my foot and can't kite for another 4 weeks.

Like you, I'm a business man. But there are certain business principles that you should not forget. Don't fool your customers, it will bite you in the arse...

What I don't get is why certain people keep defending BEST as if there was no f*** up. What is the problem in admitting the HF was a disaster (or in marketing language: "not as successful as expected") and than move on???? I've moved on already and am looking foward to ride again, but I won't tolerate posts that try to hide the f*** up that the HF was.

P

SID
Medium Poster

Postby SID » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:24 am

Phillipp wrote:
sq225917 wrote:philip, your kind of a negative guy really arent you, based in sidney, fresh log in and id, got it in the ass for best and anyone involved with them.....

SQ, I'm sure you think I'm one of these kiteshops that is pissed of with BEST and is using a fresh log and id to bash (at least that's what you are saying, isn't it). I was pissed off as an idividual and am not afraid to make that pretty clear. The HF f*** up left me without kites for 5 weeks. I missed some really good sessions and sold my old gear very cheap.

YOU ARE WRONG. I am not associated with any kite shop. If you had followed my locotion of my previous posts it was London. The only reason why you're seeing more of my posts right now is that I've broken my foot and can't kite for another 4 weeks.

Like you, I'm a business man. But there are certain business principles that you should not forget. Don't fool your customers, it will bite you in the arse...

What I don't get is why certain people keep defending BEST as if there was no f*** up. What is the problem in admitting the HF was a disaster (or in marketing language: "not as successful as expected") and than move on???? I've moved on already and am looking foward to ride again, but I won't tolerate posts that try to hide the f*** up that the HF was.

P
So write a letter to Best and im sure they will give you the apology that you need.

Putting out false rumours is not the way to do it.

SID

B-rad Lange
Frequent Poster

Postby B-rad Lange » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:27 am

P

I defend innovation.

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:00 am

Phillip, your personal abuse is shameful.
Why attack me. This is a forum and not a drunken brawl.
Debate is fine, so are differing points of view.

The topic wasn't about you or the HF.
If you are unhappy with your HF , sales or support please don't take it out on me. Ring BEST.

I think the HF saga was a dissaster for them, and more importantly the customers. but its how they deal with problems that shows the strength of the companies in our industry. in that regards they have been awesome.
I'm in NZ, so only speak for our guys here.

100% money back or a free kite to ride while waiting. What a cool deal they did to help make up for the drama.

vide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vide » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:18 am

I think board hype is the funniest of all... All this talk of 'pop' and side cut, 5 stage rocker etc etc. When a kiteboard gets plowed through the water on its edge, throuhg chop in a totally inefficient way anyway.

Anyone who has ridden a piece of plywood with bindings knows that other than weight, the ride is not that different.

And then you have pickleforks, mutants etc. and really, the best rider could win the kiteboard Pro Tour on any old piece of shit board.

A board should the right size, roughly the right shape, strong and not too heavy. Beyond that its all BS and graphics. Thats my view anyway... I really cant see boards that different from what they are today in 10 years time. Kites may be a different story though.

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:25 am

Oh shit....Seasmic and BIC had it right!
Flat kites and 6'6" directional surf boards with straps.
What we could have learned from these guys....

harken
Medium Poster

Postby harken » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:50 am

Hein is a douchebag. Hes the reason we had the first thread in Kitescoop get locked. Hein your actions in kitescoop and in this thread have pretty much sealed the deal for me: You are a douchebag and anytime I see your boards or see someone riding them I will think about what a prick you are. Thats one way to do business. You can pretty much guarantee I wont be talking nicely about your company.

As for Best, cool a new guy in the office. Can't wait to see what he brings to the industry. Still think Best is a great company and did us all a service. I dont ride their gear but I still support them 100%!!!

Harken

vide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vide » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:07 am

Board evolved quickly for 5 or so years, but nothing much has happened since. How much have wakeboards changed in the past few years? Not much...

Return to “Kitesurfing”