*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:31 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:06 pm
Posts: 2283
Location: MD
What was the deal with EH kites & Best last year? Hadn't Best bought that company and planned to use their skills to design new kites and integrate EH into the line of Best kites? Just asking because I have not heard anything about it recently and EH still seems to be marketing/selling independent of Best. ???


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:54 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:10 am
Posts: 1956
Location: A Best owner; ex F-One, SS, North, Cab owner
@lutchi... google "Teach For America" and see how "one person" CAN make difference... LOL

birdlegs wrote:
Hopefully, the industry is starting to mature, and if I were a company other than Best, I would certainly stand up and take notice...


This industry is fairly myopic... just like lutchi... they understand finger math... and similar forms of communication... but no more...

More important than an over-rated HBS degree... this is a person with entrepreneurial pedigree in both public service and corporate practice...

Allen & Co is a premier media banking boutique with access to a lot of capital and focused on action sports...

Just as the value of surfing is not surf boards... so perhaps someone with vision will see value in kitesurfing beyond kites...


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:02 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Posts: 29385
Location: World (KF Admin)
I vote for Staceys statement....

No, Best didn't buy EH etc.
Peter, the designer, went from EH to Best.

Greets
Toby


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:24 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 8737
there's market worth in kitesurfing, like the man says, that is outside of its direct participant field.

surfing was sold out in the 50's, now with a little help, some people are hoping to do the same thing to kitesurfing.

if it works for quacksilver and bullabong, why not someone else.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:27 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 652
Location: Not where its bloody cold...
i was told best went bust by 2 seperate sources>/? maybe they did on paper,,,,,, after hf and now have basically changed head honco and now apperently not bust, did they file chapter 11?


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:35 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:48 pm
Posts: 250
Quote:
a premier media banking boutique with access to a lot of capital and focused on action sports...


@Vietkiter

please... you sound like a Fund Manager advertising brochure out of the nineties :roll: (and yes, I know who they are...)


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:04 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 4:49 am
Posts: 62
Location: Florida
wakeboy wrote:
i was told best went bust by 2 seperate sources>/? maybe they did on paper,,,,,, after hf and now have basically changed head honco and now apperently not bust, did they file chapter 11?

NO NO NO ... A THOUSAND TIMES NO. Your 2 separate sources are separately wrong. Best is NOT Bust and did NOT file Chapter 11.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:21 pm 
Regards,

I'd just like to say, " it's about fuckingtime shorgren. f-en knuckle head kite-freaks need a keeper,,glad you finally figured it out"

How long have I been telling you to " get some fucking council?""

Eh? how long??

Two years? three??

Yeah,,,you did good, it's about fucking time...

Nice...Harvard too,,,sweet

Congrats
fokiten


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:22 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:26 am
Posts: 655
Location: Gorge
Ain't this cool:

Image

Image

126.7 x 39.7

Loads of pop from the wide tips and flex that lets you preload and work
the tips. Thick laminate stores energy and gives it back when the flex is
released. Slight cupping of the concaves at the tips keeps water from
escaping to the sides so more thrust is directed out the tips for maximum
energy return at lift off.

Patented Side Cut Concave intersecting the progressive V side panels
produces an elliptical spine for smooth carving turns and creates a hook
in the rail at the tips for digging into the pocket during powerfull slashes.

Double concave under foot and out the tips splits the water for softer
landings, penetrates chop and provides effortless rail to rail transition
on the wave, in the chop and and when slicing the butter.

Single concave middle lets you edge upwind and stomp your kite
when you need to. Thin smooth rail penetrates with less drag.

This board likes to be ridden flat and fast with smaller kites. Ultra
low drag thin fins and super smooth flowing computer optimized
bottom lets you cruise through the light spots while other boards
bog down and stop.

Any plain ol flat bottom or single concave board simply doesn't
measure up.

Hein


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 pm 
hein wrote:
Ain't this cool:

Image

Image

126.7 x 39.7

Loads of pop from the wide tips and flex that lets you preload and work
the tips. Thick laminate stores energy and gives it back when the flex is
released. Slight cupping of the concaves at the tips keeps water from
escaping to the sides so more thrust is directed out the tips for maximum
energy return at lift off.

Patented Side Cut Concave intersecting the progressive V side panels
produces an elliptical spine for smooth carving turns and creates a hook
in the rail at the tips for digging into the pocket during powerfull slashes.

Double concave under foot and out the tips splits the water for softer
landings, penetrates chop and provides effortless rail to rail transition
on the wave, in the chop and and when slicing the butter.

Single concave middle lets you edge upwind and stomp your kite
when you need to. Thin smooth rail penetrates with less drag.

This board likes to be ridden flat and fast with smaller kites. Ultra
low drag thin fins and super smooth flowing computer optimized
bottom lets you cruise through the light spots while other boards
bog down and stop.

Any plain ol flat bottom or single concave board simply doesn't
measure up.

Hein


Yo Hein??

Nice product placement,, LOL,,,

You must have gone to Harvard too...

Send me one of those...
Regards
fokiten


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group