Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:06 pm

I don'T think it is bad to have a shop as distributor. If he also sells to other stores, he even makes more money. So where is the problem?
Let him make money, lucky him if he can!

Greets
Toby

siuol1
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby siuol1 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:25 pm

If Im following this right, is he linked to s2a? Isn't this shop the one which guarentees to beat any other shops prices? Well call me thick, and any of this dealers but isn't he techinqually under cutting his dealers. The ones who have made him sucessful? And already helping him make more money!!! Fair play to dealers/ distributors having shops but surely they can't then go publically announcing they will beat any price even if it from one of his dealers. Why do dealers in the uk put up with this shite???

Sq are you also in business with him? your link in your sig. goes straight to s2a, or is this some kinda mind game you are playing?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:43 pm

of course the link is a piss take.

it's a joke about angelo undercutting other dealers. which as i see it is basically the importer stabbing them in the back after years of helping him build a nationally recognised brand.....

it wouldnt be an issue, if the shop had originally been the only retailer for the brand in the uk, like any other shop/distributors are, and they had grown into distribution throguh their own efforts with the rband.

but this is the other way, this is a distributor, who takes a stake in a new shop which then sells the brand he imports, and openly claims not to be beaten on price...

what makes it all the funnier is that GRF has denied any involvement with the shop several times on the kiteboarder site, whilst companies house lists him as a director.

it's about claiming to be a paragon of truth, but actually being a fucking lier.

no doubt his monkey boy will come back and make some excuse........

siuol1
Rare Poster

Postby siuol1 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:55 pm

Is it fact that he has just expanded on to the south coast near brighton? Iheard rumours he was buying Boost...

jasevinda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jasevinda » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:55 pm

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:55 pm

is it sling shot or is it me but here in italy everyone who flies a slingshot is a promoter... they all get their kites super cheap, infact its well known the only place to buy a slingshot here is on the beach, there is alot of that going on here there is only a few brands that dont do that, north naish and flexi foil, all the others are known to be beach sellers, thus pissing all the shops off...... who wants to be a shop here! Maybe i could start getting them here and undercut even GF.... he he hey sq do wanna go into business, http://www.surfsalesmoredirect.com

Airhead
Frequent Poster

Postby Airhead » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:05 pm

Airhead wrote:Honesty and trust is what this is about
in my book when you have a relationship in business honesty and trust are paramount its a two way street

JamieMac
Rare Poster

Postby JamieMac » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:36 pm

Is it fact that he has just expanded on to the south coast near brighton? Iheard rumours he was buying Boost...
Well I'm sure he'd sell lots of his Da Kine handbags from that shop....

I don't think there is a problem with an importer being involved in retail, but undercutting and price cuts are not on, and not just admiting he was envolved is odd...

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:07 pm

not admitting to being involved is what makes you wonder if theres not more to hide.....

and i heard that brighton rumour too................

wouldn't it be funny if our paragon of virtue was mopping up retailers that his potential discount dealer had put out of business...

JamieMac
Rare Poster

Postby JamieMac » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:37 pm

wouldn't it be funny if our paragon of virtue was mopping up retailers that his potential discount dealer had put out of business...
it could be revenge for not being the North distributor any more :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”