First News on the Yarga Pro, Interview with Peter Stewie

Forum for kitesurfers
Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitedude » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:55 am

my post was the only legitate one and it was ignored.

care to commit on my post??

i really do think they are good discussion points.
if you don't think they are open to doscussion then it deffo is an ad.

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dax » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:05 am

72... guys who who throw stones shouldn't live in glass houses... how about this "Review" you did a few months ago where you also post prices and links to your shop's website:

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2317723

:thumb:

ZenWind
Frequent Poster

Postby ZenWind » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:23 am

SQ, or Alex, or whomever knows: when will these new Yargo Pro kites be available? If it is a guess at when they will arrive then tell me the outside late figure as opposed to a hopeful early delivery date please.

Are they set to be at a price point between the regular Yarga and the Hellfish?

Since the Hellfish left a bad taste in the mouths of many, and the Cuben Fiber manufacturing failure (or China communication failure) is synonomus with that, what guarantee will be in place on the new Yarga Pro?

My suggestion from business point of view is to offer these kites at one hell of a deal just to initially get them out into the public. You guys need a good recovery after the Hellfish episode, and there is no better advertisement than to get these kites in the hands of kiters that love the new kite. If the kite turns out to be all that you say it is then you will have no problems selling them once they have proven themselves. You could offer a "First Batch" deal just to give the guys that are willing to give your company another shot at a brand new untested (public tested) Cuben Fiber kite. Whatever you do I would suggest you take your time and get it right. As you well know by now the cost of rushing the process is high, both in dollars and in consumer trust.

To Toby: I was a bit disturbed that this post ended up here in Flamers Paradise. I really don't see that the move was deserved at all. I have no affiliation with Best, and do not fly or sell their kites. I saw this post earlier in the day and was interested in reading it, but was too busy right then to do so. When I came back a few hours later I could not find the post. At the very least when ever a post is moved from the main forum it would be nice to see another post in its place with the same title stating where it was moved to. Not really trying to rag on you Bro, as I really appreciate all that you do here in providing this forum for us to enjoy.... can't say enough about that, but I did want to give you this feedback as well.

spidermedic
Frequent Poster

Postby spidermedic » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:28 am

I'm not sure what the yelping is about this interview.

Sure, it's an ad. So what? My feeling is that other dealers and manufacturers are doing it and I'd rather have the company come right out doing it rather than getting the same info out through fake posts.

It also shows the biggest thing that Best learned from the went-to-hellfish: that information is preferable to unsubstantiated hype. I'm guessing they won't be challenging Flysurfer this time around either. :)

I say "Good job, Simon"

Your next goal should be to get out widespread demos. Yeah, I know...30-day return policy...but why should I tie up a bunch of my money just to demo a kite?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:42 pm

kitedude: yeh the main seam on the cuben section runs tip to tip. i don't know the OR's so i can't comment on how similar it is. having had a good look at the seam on the Y-pro i can say it's put together with overkill in mind.

the circumferential seam joining the cuben to dacron comes towards the tip of the kite, into the straight section of the LE, so it's not at a great angle to the centre line of the tube.

as we all know, section joins tend not to go towards the wingtip, they pretty much always fail around the centre strut, where the curve is the greatest.

the new strut joins, are new to us, no claim being made otherwise.

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:58 pm

si,

thanks for the answers.
good to see people realise that circumferential leading egde sucks. I've seen far to many kites blow at the joints on the leading edge. (North, Liquid Force being the two biggest offenders over here)

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:08 pm

yeh it's an odd choice, the old kites were all built like that, wiht the long seam.

not sure who did it first, north or slingshot.

either way they are easier to build that way, so thats why most stick with it, i guess...

Return to “Kitesurfing”