Forum for kitesurfers
72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:00 pm

:thumb:
Last edited by 72kiteboarder on Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:16 pm

72kiteboarder wrote:phpbb/story_show.php?m_id=24

as you can see by this link it is in the news section already. So it should not be in the main forum.

It is an advertisement!
..and you think that justifies your juvenile actions? It really doesn't.

alex

Attila
Medium Poster

Postby Attila » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:19 pm

"Simon Clark joins Best..." was also both in the news and in the forum. Big deal. Are you saying posts can't be in both places? Interesting suggestion for a rule, personally I'm not sure it is necessary or constructive...
Also, writing in big red letters is a little bit like screaming: it doesn't make your argument any stronger.

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:24 pm

It is simple, if ther are profesional advertisements from any company that pays to advertise here allowed in the main forum, it will get impossible to filter out what is paid for and what is genuine opinion.

GAZZABA
Medium Poster

Postby GAZZABA » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 pm

72kiteboarder wrote:It is simple, if ther are profesional advertisements from any company that pays to advertise here allowed in the main forum, it will get impossible to filter out what is paid for and what is genuine opinion.

Dude... don't know if you have already noticed... but it already is difficult to know posters initiatives. I personally like that I know, and have been told, who SQ works for. It is harder to understand other posters motives, like... YOU.

IMO: Thanks for the info SQ. I like that there are still companies out there trying to add value to traditional shaped kites!!! Not 100% that the bow is at a refined enough stage yet.

also IMO: 72 stop being an annoyance with the junk posts... you are adding ZERO value to the site, my reading, and my time when you do that. Additionally, I think it would show some class if you removed the JUNK blank posts you have made here.
Ride smart / ride safe!

The Right Stuff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: kites and boards

Postby The Right Stuff » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:17 pm

I think 72 makes a good point about accepting promotional material into a forum from someone on the payroll of the product being discussed. There's a line there somewhere, but I don't think this exact posting crosses it (other threads certainly have crossed the line).

We actually know where this SQ guy is coming from. We shouldn't be surprized that he's going to say good things about Best products. It's the posters that aren't declaring their conflicts-of-interests that I'm more fearful about.

Also - hearing directly from a designer about a new kite? That should be posted everywhere! That is actually good information direct from the horse's mouth, and absolutely the kind of junk we should be tossing around on the forum.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:39 pm

Whats the problem with this thread ?

Its interesting reading,and the title spelt out quite clearly what it was about.

If you are not interested ,dont read ! Simple !

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:53 pm

Nearly the whole construction of the kite is changed from previous Best kites, each feature has been extensively tested and logged, some of the prototypes have over 300 hours flying time logged on them
Wow that is a lot of flying time. It is actualy 75 days of riding 4 hours every time out. Man you got a shit load of wind!

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 pm

guys, obviously the interview with peter is part info, part commercial. he's spent a lot of time developing the kite and is genuinely proud of how far he's been able to take the design concepts and lessons learnt from the hellfish.

the topic heading says it all.

My intent in posting it was to present, to those who were interested enough to click on the heading, a balanced viewpoint that discussed the design choices made in developing the kite and to detail the changes in process that made the yarga pro possible.

as you are all well aware, i'm very keen not to stumble into the pitfalls of sensationalising new product, and that was foremost in my mind whilst cutting the piece down for the fourms,

obviously i work for best, so anything i post is going to be picked apart, and i accept and expect that, hence the tone of the interview.

to be honest i know i'm going to take some flack initially, as people feel they have debts to settle, and that's fine, hit me all you want, get it off your chest......

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:59 pm

the Dude abides.

endevor to persevere

Return to “Kitesurfing”