Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

best kiteboarding, an apology...

Forum for kitesurfers
Scott Evil
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Scott Evil » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:10 am

you take a (supposedly) sincere email from a potential customer, write an insincere reply, then post it with your taking the piss reply on a forum.

Do you get paid for this shit?

SE

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gonewiththewind » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:33 am

sq225917 wrote:this gets funnier....

i was taking the piss...... not agreeing with the guy...

it was genuinely only my intent to share something that i thought was truely funny, when i showed it to the guys in the office we were just pissing ourselves...
You've got one truly f'ed up marketing plan. I don't personally have any objection to the sexual content of your advertising. But I certainly would respect the views of someone who might find it distasteful. You could have sincerely and nicely responded to his private comments to you. No need to change anything, but at least show some respect for the customer feedback rather than sending a reply laced with sarcasm. Instead, you laugh at his (or her) own views - and then post that here? You guys are really out of touch.

Scott Evil
Frequent Poster

Postby Scott Evil » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:44 am

I have to comment again on this and back up GWTW

First, I have nothing agains Best product and the people I have met from Best have been good guys (Gavin, Shannon, Alex and Clinton).

So treat this as constructive criticism.

This post drives me nuts.

It's so stupid.

Perhaps what makes me the most mad is that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the email was made up and just posted to get more threads going about Best and drive more traffic to the site. And I guess I fell for it

Regardless it is incredibly unprofessional of SQ and reflects badly on the whole company

SE

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windshreder » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:51 am

Scott Evil wrote:

It's so stupid.

Regardless it is incredibly unprofessional of SQ and reflects badly on the whole company

SE
Right on SE,

My thoughts exactly.

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:08 am

I have decided to send back all my gear to Best, my new sandels from Reef are also getting returned along with my Jimmy Lewis board. I'm never coming to Florida again because of the girls in bikinis and I'm making my girlfriend wear as much clothing as possible to the beach or we're moving to Alaska.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!

What the f*** is this world coming to? Kiteboarding is turning into a bunch of panzies. I have never in my life heard of such s***.

Thanks for the post SQ, it has definately made my day. Tomorrow i'm going snow kiteing so I can forget. BEST is #1. The only company with balls, and if anything were to change, I might just have to kill myself.

gumball
Very Frequent Poster

Re: best kiteboarding, an apology...

Postby gumball » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:12 am

xxxx and xxxx wrote: I view the leaders of this company that allow sex to be a significant part of this video in representing them, their product, and their company, to be people that could use some help from sexual addictions. I am all for helping people out of these ways of life, but I will not support this way of life in advertising.
Tell me this is not funny...

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:35 am

I could tell you what you want to hear but I would be lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowkiting tomorrow. Now I'm trying to be serious.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:52 am

come on the guys a kook, there's probably a room full of them sat in the back of some church somewhere looking at sports vids on the internet, and then penning letters to them threatening to bring the world to it's knees...

Escalate
Medium Poster

Postby Escalate » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:42 pm

sq i think it's pretty odd that you did not state you're opinion on this mail in the first place... you seemed to be pretty serious about it in the beginning! :think:

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Re: best kiteboarding, an apology...

Postby windshreder » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:39 pm

gumball wrote:
xxxx and xxxx wrote: I view the leaders of this company that allow sex to be a significant part of this video in representing them, their product, and their company, to be people that could use some help from sexual addictions. I am all for helping people out of these ways of life, but I will not support this way of life in advertising.
Tell me this is not funny...
It is funny.

But that doesnt change the fact that
it is incredibly unprofessional of SQ and reflects badly on the whole company.
Im sure Simon is very proud of his clever response but posting it, bad idea.

Should have been kept as an inter-office joke.

PS. I am indifferent to seeing the girls in the video I am interested in the kite. Chicks in videos is Best's style and if you dont like it don't buy from them.....easy...
PSS. Nice job on the finished video.
Last edited by windshreder on Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”