Replacement chicken loops

Forum for kitesurfers
sie4
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Replacement chicken loops

Postby sie4 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:44 am

I'm trying to customize my bar to have a longer depower throw, but the chicken loop it comes with is integrated with the depower line so I can't just add in a longer piece of rope.

Does anyone know of any good chicken loops that are independent of the depower line (i.e. can be tied on)... The Airush 2006 one looks like it would work well (and even has a pretty slick spinning leash system), but I can't seem to find it anywhere for sale separately. Any other options?

kitebored
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitebored » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:23 pm

yea, the airush one is replaceable, and you can buy them from realkiteboarding.

Bestkiteboarding has had about 37 different bar/leash systems, but one of them has a chicken loop with a replaceable line. call them up or look around on the website.

If you don't need any sort of safety, it's really easy to make your own C-loop and line by getting a piece of spectra and some plastic tubing. To make the c-loop, tie a bowline knot, but make the loop big and run it through the plastic tube.

elli
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby elli » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:15 pm

Airush old chicken loops are like that. Flysurfer as well.

Return to “Kitesurfing”