windsurfers need to show this kind of respect and maybe...just maybe

ruben and the bong brigade will give them some space...after, and only

after he's had his fun.

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Pedro Marcos » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:34 pm

Dude, he is 17... believe me he has a really nice attitude for a 17 year old guy that travels around the world to kite and have fun.

mykrowyre
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby mykrowyre » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:25 pm

Ok Ruben, you're right we weren't there... to me the video made you guys look pretty bad, but you did the right thing by walking away in the end... so hell with it all... maybe the lady is crazier than we can imagine.

Yeah, you *ripped* in that video, no doubt about that part..

Ruben LEN10
Rare Poster

WINDOW MAN YOU' RE a facking kook!

Postby Ruben LEN10 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:33 pm

Dammn dude (window kook guy), you better get a life, and i didn't say that your sport sucks, i say you suck! And for the thousand time i was only there for 2 days and they asked me if i could jump outside the orange bouys and i did, maybe not for a couple times....but if you make such a big deal of this, come over and i'll show you where you can jump and fly...need a hand?
Ow but the Heineken beers are always welcome, and my bong hitting brigade will love some too...so just take a tray...cheeers!
Jeez you're such a dumbass...over it...

Yo Pedro wassup men, yeah offcourse i voted on you, you know what power is, so it's the right thing! See ya soon men...

Mykrowyre, cool, fair enough!

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Ruben is a good kid. Friendly, great for the sport, pushing it to new limits. I thought the video was pretty funny and I'm glad to see some real footage posted as opposed to a piece scrubbed by some PR rep or lawyer. Sure, I cringed a bit at the interaction w/ the windsurfers but I'm guessing this was an exception and the result of days of building tension (from other comments in the video). All the same, what is he 17 years old or something? Take that into account before you give him a hard time for what may be occasional bad judgement...I'm sure we all made some questionable decisions at that age and none of us were in the limelight like he is with a lot more tempations and opportunities to get filmed in the process. He's alright! :)
Last edited by CaptainArgh on Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE POWER
Medium Poster

LEN10

Postby THE POWER » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:26 pm

The camermans behaviour in the video is appalling and childish. The woman is really upset becuase she thinks he is encouraging someone to behave dangerously. There is absolutely no reason to swear at that woman and then insult her all she did was splash a bit of water at his camera. How big is that woman even Ruben is about a foot taller than her she must be tiny. I don't think Ruben needs to abuse her aswell. I think she is appealing to the camerman is the adult ( I know he does'nt behave like one) and Ruben looks about 13. When she points out some old guy walking in his windsurfer of 70 Ruben acts a little sheepish and apologises. Just because the camerman is acting like a tough guy it doesn't mean you have to copy him. I think he realises his mistake in the end.

window guy
Frequent Poster

Postby window guy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:46 pm

:kiff: :beer: :cheers: :peace:

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster

Postby piedroporto » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:11 pm

The camermans behaviour in the video is appalling and childish. The woman is really upset becuase she thinks he is encouraging someone to behave dangerously. There is absolutely no reason to swear at that woman and then insult her all she did was splash a bit of water at his camera. How big is that woman even Ruben is about a foot taller than her she must be tiny. I don't think Ruben needs to abuse her aswell. I think she is appealing to the camerman is the adult ( I know he does'nt behave like one) and Ruben looks about 13. When she points out some old guy walking in his windsurfer of 70 Ruben acts a little sheepish and apologises. Just because the camerman is acting like a tough guy it doesn't mean you have to copy him. I think he realises his mistake in the end.
What the hell is this ? a journalists review of a book ?! gimme a break... its just a movie clip with a lot of nice kite action and some silly stuff.. gooooosh... f%cking stop taking everything so seriosly! stupid discussion!

nab1000
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 757, 252
Style: Wake
Gear: LF HiFi's, Influence 138, LF Cabs
Brand Affiliation: Wave Riding Vehicle Surfboards

Postby nab1000 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:56 pm

Ruben Im 17 and wouldve freeked out to if someone was splashing water on the cameraman. O also you can come over here and join our bong hitting bragade anyday! O we also got some nice cold Brews w/ us to. Hope to see you in the USA again this year show up some of the kitesurfers here.

O todd i see you live in MD you ever hit up cape charles?

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:04 pm

nab1000 wrote: O todd i see you live in MD you ever hit up cape charles?
great spot! sent you a PM....

Return to “Kitesurfing”