All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:20 pm 
Frequent Poster

ok firstly the video of rubin in the usa is iiiinnnnnnnnnncredible, tht boy has some seriouse talent, and the coments in that video made me chukle, lets be honest like we havnt all told the od polesurfer to fuk of under our breath, rubin is jus more open about it, so give the kid a break, its not like he purposly droped his kite by those people, firstly he was probably told to kte there by either the film maker of sponsers as it looked best, and secondly he doesnt wana drop his kite, it looks shit on the insane vid so like i said give the fuker a break, its people like him that keeps this sport alive, the public are not atall intersted in the everyday kiter, maybe they will stop for 10mininuts for the average pro, ruben.....now thts a croud pleaser....we need athlets like him to get more sponsers in more kids interested, lets face it if the sport doesnt continue to grow manufacturers will loose interest and just stop producing class equipment for us. :thumb: jus my humble opinion, shout at me if you feel im wrong by all means but hay... u know im write 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:32 pm 
The thing about video is... edit it out if you don't like it.
By keeping it in the video, it demonstrates that someone at Slinghy or the rider himself, must be proud of it. That's the real problem. I have done and said stupid things too, but if given the chance to "erase them" I probably would have. I definitely would not have glorified it, by keeping it on film.

My two cents. BTW... I LOVE SS kites. I have always ridden SS. But that clip was plain pathetic.

Actually even tho I suck compared to the pros, the public loves to talk to me at the beach... I mean LOVES it. We are all ambassadors.

This sport will continue if we all sucked, the pros don't drive the industry.
I don't think manufacturers are losing interest in this sport, it is growing quite rapidly, mainly due to people seeing average Joes ride at average spots and then taking it up themselves, is my opinion. I know I saw an average guy, not a pro, and I started the next day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:07 pm 
Frequent Poster

were gona have to agree to disagree here bro, i honestly belive that without comps an pros we would be knowwhere near where we are, the more money money you can get into a sport through what ever means the better it willl do, companies like naish slingshot north, whoever, need ambasadors, pros to represent there gear, they canot simply get by on advertising, they need people to basicly show there shit, a good deal of kite are sold simply from word of mouth , or watch someone like arron hadlow or ruben, seeing them completly destroy everyone an thinking fuck maybe i could do that if i had that gear, an to be honest sure they could rip on an ar5 purly cos there pros. my point being tht i really do feel tht without pros the sport would not be excelling at the rate it is, sure they didnt need to leave that certain clip in but look they did, and i dought ruben was like oooo please leave tht clip in, i dought he was even there when it was edited, and the fact tht it has been permently taken of his website must say somthing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:06 pm 
Frequent Poster

..disagree all you want... be glad it wasn't YOUR spot... how do you know the chick didn't own it, or was a lawyer, and went home pissed and got the sport banned there? They didn't know her.

I can tell you this... where we ride we are partially banned because of acts JUST LIKE what Ruben was doing... We were at one time completely banned from the best riding location in the area, but some WINDSURFERS who were also lawyers fought for access...and when they did, they included us in the deal (a few of them must have wanted to move into kitesurfing who knows) ...

Some people don't learn this lesson until they get booted permenantly from their favorite (or sometimes only decent) spot.

I for one am not about to say "your sport sucks" to any wind surfer, and I am most definately not going to say F*** YOU to ANYONE at our spot unless they are doing something which is going to effect our access.

Think before you stroke your ego.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

mat wrote:
secondly he doesnt wana drop his kite, it looks shit on the insane vid so like i said give the fuker a break, its people like him that keeps this sport alive, the public are not atall intersted in the everyday kiter, maybe they will stop for 10mininuts for the average pro, ruben.....now thts a croud pleaser....

That he doesn't want to drop his kite is exactly the reason for why he should stay the on the outside. If they don't have the equipment to film on the outside, then don't film.

This is exactly the shit that is the reasosn for why spots are banned. We're under threat of ban here, and one incident like that one is all it takes...that Slingshot endorse this crap is more than enough reason for me to not get more Slingshot eqipment.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:02 pm 
Frequent Poster

i think there's a big difference between being inconciderate and doing what your told, as i saidi very much dought ruben said o pleeaaase can we doo al the filming right hear by this spot where everyone launches an lands, its more than likely tht the camera man sid ruben we need you to do all your best tricks in this certain area, due to whatever reasons they have...pissing of the windsurfers was an unfortunate side effect of it. no they shouldnt hav been filming there IF they where told not to IF they were not told how would they be any the wiser, no ruben shouldnt have beenn riding without a leash, no excusse for that, i can never understand why some pros do that, or ams for that matter. however not all the heat should be put on ruben, fuck he will probably never read this thread, an even if he did i dought he would give two shits, but my point is if your gona blame someone, blame the camera man or the people that did not inform they they couldnt do tricks there, not ruben who was only try to please his sponsers, you cant blame him for that, its his job. and actualy i would love to have someone of his talent kiting at my local spot, and if he desided to kite without a leash we would all probably have a quite word with him, shouting does no good. i dont think any one can deside how to end this topic, there seems to be a very hostile atitude toward it, maybe rightly so, but do any of us actualy know the full sercumstances that it took place in.... if so please speak up and help clear this matter up...if not i sugesst we all stop trying to critise or justify the situation. im not trying to create an argument here im just trying to stop people from jumpig to conclusions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Slingshot doesnt endorse this stuff,prob why the vid was pulled offline.
He was wearing a leash in the video..you can see it.I dont see in the video where his kite landed(nor does it show his kite coming loose..or his board flying at the windsurfer like someone said..
So they argued,both sides got pissed...yadayada end of story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:41 pm 
Frequent Poster

:thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:15 pm 
Medium Poster

Can someone post the video at Sherman Island with Ruben so we can judge for ourselves>>>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:47 pm 
Frequent Poster

pretty sure its on kiteforum.tv

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next