Forum for kitesurfers
Ulah
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-one tribal. Opinion

Postby Ulah » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:13 pm

Hello,

I’m trying to collect some information about which kite should I choose in order to replace my biggest kite (aprox: 16m2).

One of the possibilities could be the new F-one Tribal 15m2, but here I have a big doubt. Could the low end of this kite be 8-10knots for a guy with 80kg?

Other possibility could be the new Vegas 16 or the Fuel 17.

I usually ride in a wave spot, but some times in flat water too.
Thanks.

bondo
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby bondo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:05 pm

I rode a 13m Tribal last weekend, very impressive speed and low end - but I was on shorter lines (20m I think?)

it was much gruntier than my 12 caution, and the wind was light for me (<=15 knots, me 88kg). No probs riding upwind in those conditions, though I would have struggled on my 12.

Id suggest trying to get your hands on a demo before buying though.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:08 pm

i rode the 13m at 15knts with a 129\40 board. 75 kg no problem going up wind. the depower is huge !!! almost like a bow.

Free2Kite
Rare Poster

Postby Free2Kite » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:17 am

I have just got a 11m Impact and note that these are also being compared on seabreeze.com.au.

My Impact is way easier to control in gusts than the bow kites I tried.
and the Tribals are supposed to have even more depower.

One guy has ridden an Impact 13 and stayed upwind in 12kts, He's about 95kg. he has also claimed to have fun on the same kite in waves in 28kts.

While my 11 is very fast and I'm only just nailing going upwind all the time. I actually like the speed cause when I do something stupid it's real easy to recover.

hope that helps

Freed.

Chinoca
Rare Poster

Postby Chinoca » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:54 pm

Hi there

I am 65kgs and already tried the 11 and 13 tribal.
Rode the 11 when everyone else where on 9 and no problems at all
Rode the 13 when everyone else where riding 9's and 10's and believe it or not no problems at all - HUGE DEPOWER!!!! before was riding M5 10&14 and now I'm considering the tribals seriously.
The board I ride is a Naish 4'7 mut. :thumb:

miksa
Medium Poster

Postby miksa » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:41 am

Hi All!

This Tribal kite is reeeally interesting..with my friends we can not really decide, which to choose...the Tribal or the M6...

Any reviews I read about the Tribal..they write about huuuge depower....

if you read the company's windrange..the 13m Tribal has 10-21 knots, and the demo video has a footage where the 13m and 7m Tribal are used at the same time, in 30!knots of wind..and all this done by two ladies...

So if this is true... WHO cares about the M6? I rode the M5 and is a VERY nice hangtimer..but a 13m kite in 30 knots, must outperform anything...

What does the M6 know, that the Tribal can not do?? While M6 should be the highperformer of the two..

So its hard to decide... Never rode any of these...and unfortunately here in Hungary, we do not have demos..only ordering.

Any opinion?

ALOHA

Return to “Kitesurfing”