Shipping Kites to the UK

Forum for kitesurfers
SLCMunchie
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shipping Kites to the UK

Postby SLCMunchie » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:26 pm

i sold a kite on Ebay and now have to get it to the UK. i had on my post free USA shipping. the dude lives in the UK. i ship stuff here with a UPS account and plugged in the info for a quote. it says about $95. i did the same in Fedex and got the same result. they guy is hasseling me saying try like 30-40 dollars. i have no problem shipping it for 40 dollars since i'm only charging him what i'm charged, but have no idea how to do that.

can anybody give me a good shipping source for a kite only to the UK? no bar just a bag included.

thanks!

ooshaugh1
Rare Poster

Postby ooshaugh1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:09 pm

Try usps.com. I've had stuff shipped from us to ireland before and it was around $50. It was a bit slow but if the guy doesn't mind waiting. I think it was global priority mail. The key is just to pack it as small as possible.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:17 pm

yes, get one of those vacuum bags, and suck all the air out. the you can make it really small.

If you said shipping in the US included, and he wants it to be sent to UK, he has to pay for it. Simple as that.

The B
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby The B » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:05 pm

Definately USPS. UPS and FedEx arent reasonably priced when it comes to international shipping. I shipped a 20" bar to the UK using USPS and it cost around $17. UPS quoted $85.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:34 am

Yeah, USPS.com for sure...it isn't much slower then fedex or UPS. Don't ship global priority, just regular priority should work.

Let the guy know he'll be responsible after you show him proof of shipping...scan the receipts and customs form and send him the email...
I think a kite should be around $65 priority....the insurance stuff doesn't work longer than until the US boarders (as far as I know) so you'll have a heckuva time to prove that this is the case...any ways. remember to ask the guy about customs stuff in the england so that he doesn't have to pay fees....(usually gift, used kite valued at $100 is a keeper ;-) )

Surface mail is probably around $45, but that can take up to 6 weeks.

It should not be hard to get the kite into a regular cardboard box.

A.

Return to “Kitesurfing”