Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Liquid Force Element 128 or Drop ltd 132?

Forum for kitesurfers
iceaxe
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liquid Force Element 128 or Drop ltd 132?

Postby iceaxe » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Has anyone had a chance to try out either of these for all around riding?

kiter---)
Medium Poster

Postby kiter---) » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:07 am

I'm bumping you up a littlebit cause I'm interested in knowing about the element myself :lol:
There are acouple of reviews in the review section but all about 2005 boards.

Scribbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Scribbler » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:40 pm

I really liked the Element 128, but needed plenty of wind to get the most out of it (I'm 85kg) as all those pretty little channels under it add drag... def. a wakestylers dream, and fun in waves too

edosan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Puclaro (Chile)
Favorite Beaches: Puclaro (Chile), Paracuru (Brazil)
Style: No Style, I Suck! :D
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby edosan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:02 pm

I have try both. The Drop is smoother than the element. I Prefer the drop as an all terrain board. The Element is a POP board, and great for wakestyle. All depends on what you like.

The Drop is a Freeride board, the Element is a wakestyle board.

Hope it help.

iceaxe
Medium Poster

Postby iceaxe » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Yep that helps alot-- I'm looking for an all terrain vehicle and it sounds like the drop is it-- thanks.

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster

Postby piedroporto » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:03 pm

the drop ltd is a very nice all around board. i've tried it a few days ago and i really liked it.
never tried the element but the local LF dealer told me it was very good for wakestyle, but not as good for all around.

randal
Medium Poster

Postby randal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Would anyone want to comment on the benefits of the drop v. the drop ltd? I'm wondering whether it justifies the price difference?

edosan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Puclaro (Chile)
Favorite Beaches: Puclaro (Chile), Paracuru (Brazil)
Style: No Style, I Suck! :D
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby edosan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:04 pm

Basically is the weight, the normal 130 drop weight 2.4kg and the Ltd 132 weight 2.1kg.

The Ltd is a bit more flex. with ABS sidewalls and PBT construction.

In the water they both feel similar.

EDO
PS: I have try both 2006 boards also

Live2KITE
Frequent Poster

Postby Live2KITE » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:34 am

We have owned and ridden both Drop ltd and Element.

The Drop 132 feels more than the smooth flexy all around board that you can take anywhere including chop, waves, flats etc. Good all-around board, with good flex, rebounds well, absorbs the chop well.

The Element 128 is a pop machine. Carves like crazy loads super strong. Some of the Elements seemed to be sensitives on the channels at the tips where we had customers breaking theirs.

:bye:
Evan - Live2KITE
(415) 722-7884
http://www.live2kite.com
info@live2kite.com
[RRD, Caution, Underground, Cabal Skimboards, Globerider, Mystic Kiteboarding, Flexifoil, Ocean Rodeo, Liquid Force, Ozone, Flysurfer, Best, Litewave Design, NSI, Protec, Capix, SR, Aquapac, Okespor, Gul, Q-Lines, Rainbow, Seaspecs, Aquashade, UltraNectar, Bump'n'Jump]

stpetecrew
Rare Poster

Postby stpetecrew » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:53 am

I have been riding the Element 128 for the past year and absolutely love the board. I have not ridden the Drop so can't comment on it, but for me the Element works great as an all-around board. It does pop great, so it's good for wakestyle, and you can hold you edge super hard for big air. I have had it in all conditions - flat, waves, chop, etc and feel like it performs well in all of them. The biggest difference between the element and most of the kiteboards out there is that there are distinct bottom characteristics they have taken from the wakeboards they make and adapted to the kiteboard. Most kiteboards have simple flat bottoms with maybe some concave, but the LF with its channels in addition to concave seem to work in providing more edge holding power and softer landings. This is especially noticeable on no-whip tricks on flat water where flat bottom boards seem to "slap" the water real hard on the landings.

After a year of riding my board still rides like new and has held up perfectly. I'd say try both boards, I don't think you can lose with either. LF definitely knows how to produce a good board for a good price.

I have a WLF 140 for light wind as well and could not be happier with that board in combination with the Element 128 for high winds.

-Jordan

Return to “Kitesurfing”