Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
Has thanked: 0

Postby PBKiteboarding » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:30 am

Follow what happeded to Best and the helfish... and the new no pump leading edge Nemesis (picture only)... the they come out with Waroo after all that and have happy customers... so far as I can see...

Business is like that everything can change... Ups and downs of life...

Wannabe
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Wannabe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:47 am

PBKiteboarding wrote:Follow what happeded to Best and the helfish... and the new no pump leading edge Nemesis (picture only)... the they come out with Waroo after all that and have happy customers... so far as I can see...

Business is like that everything can change... Ups and downs of life...
Well, if you turn out to be right I'll be the first to admit it. And we'll both be ice-kiting over hell.
Last edited by Wannabe on Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:55 am

There are so many surprises in this business... I think it makes it interesting for all of us... Always happy to see new stuff... and guys working on things for the passion of it... Hope so...The competition gets everyone coming up with new stuff... for us to play with...

Great memories of my last day in the fall... on a rap1 6m... on a little naish stubbie 115cm... crazy day... we were all getting slammed on bigger kites and one guy up in a tree...

Still going up in this pict... for table top and the depower was amazing... Still have it ready to go...

It was a make or break day since we don't get wind like that often...
15-20mph gust variance...at least at times..

So go WW!
Attachments
PBK_02.jpg
PBK_02.jpg (171.26 KiB) Viewed 3311 times

Wannabe
Rare Poster

Postby Wannabe » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:44 pm

PBKiteboarding wrote:There are so many surprises in this business... I think it makes it interesting for all of us... Always happy to see new stuff... and guys working on things for the passion of it... Hope so...The competition gets everyone coming up with new stuff... for us to play with...

So go WW!
I like your optimism, but as of today WW is down to zero employees -- it's just the owner now, a guy who's never kiteboarded a single minute of his life. So I dunno about "passion" or any new stuff coming out of that shop any time soon. It's just a house of cards built on a foundation of lies, if you ask me.

Bullroarer Took
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Bullroarer Took » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:45 pm

Can't.....

hold......

breath....

any.......

longer!!!!!!!!!

Wannabe
Rare Poster

Postby Wannabe » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:06 pm

I think they're problem is that they spend all their time deleting posts from their own website. Here's one from last week you won't find on WW's forum any more (it lasted about 45 minutes):

Boarding Bob
I have to agree with TomWa. The first version of the CC-Bar's webbing release cuff was good but it was too easy for someone to reload it backwards and that could case a failure. The early versions of the aluminum cuffs that JB did when he went to China worked but were not as good and had problems depending on sand conditions and use since it was impossible for JB to accept any constructive feedback. Once JB was out of the way, WW was then able to perfect the bar for 06.
Unfortunately WW was only able to get a few of these 06 bars produced before the old factory started to try to control WW. From what I can tell, WW will have the new bars in production in about a month. We know that JB went to Best with bar in hand and since the early 06 bars were made at the same factory as Best, I bet Best is going to try to use the proven R&D, "Rip off & Duplicate", they continue to have had success with and offer a similar bar to the CC. I do know that JB had signed an exclusive contract with WW so the management at Best, or any other company, should work something out with WW first.
I know that WW worked hard to develop the CC-bar and that it was a total team effort. The CC- bar has proven to work well with all styles of inflatable kites. It is good to see that things are moving along at WW after fighting off some pretty ugly and unethical attacks. The CC-bar will be one of the first kite components available from the new facory. This will give us the opportunity to have access to a great product WW has to offer. As for me, it is nice to kick back and watch all the companies battle it out since they finally descovered what WW and it's riders knew for years.
I can tell you one thing, watching the CC-Bar become discovered by other companies is going to be very interesting and good for the sport and everyones safety.
Boarding Bob

John B
Like usual, many false accusations have been made by Windwing, and most are certainly untrue.
As far as any contracts go; you do not know what has transpired legally there either, and posting such acclamations might come back and bite.
BTW: Tom, you may not really know what has transpired in the past.
John Bellacera

Boarding Bob
Hello JB,
It is nice to hear your comments and hope all is well but please don't make it look like you are still working for WW since it is so nice to have you out of WW R&D. I guess you are confused since you still have so many of the WW protos. Hope you are enjoying them and Best is learning a lot from them. We are all interested if Best will come up with a CC-Bar that does not look like a copy of the Windwing bar. Not that it won't be done, but who ever does, should work out some kind of agreement with WW first. It will be interesting to see what happens. This will probably prove to be an interesting subject and hope that what ever you come up with works.

Barfly
Every time you post, Boarding, people get a more accurate picture of what a dumbass and scumbag you really are.
WW doesn't own the rights to the CC bar, dipsh*t. If WW produces that bar, it's WW who will get sued, is my bet.
WW would never have had a functioning bar or a Rapture program if not for JB. You were the one who wanted to "take the flat out of the kites" -- or have you forgotten? The 30+ ex-WW employees out there who hate your guts sure haven't.
Your great plan to "save the company" was to de-construct and copy a 2002 North R2 -- or did you forget that too?
Don't talk about unethical -- your laundry is dirtier than anyones (and I mean that literally too). Go back to the living in your stinky-ass mobile home and being Chao's lap-dog and quit slandering people like JB, who actually did something to try and help WW.
You deserve to be exactly where you are (no job, out of business).

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:16 pm

i love the slandering he gives best....

maybe if he types the name into enough of his posts people searching for decent kites might fall into the trap of actually going to his site.

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:44 pm

Who is boarding bob??

Bullroarer Took
Frequent Poster

Postby Bullroarer Took » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:48 pm