Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us know!

Forum for kitesurfers
MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MissionMan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:14 am

fokiten wrote:This is simple,,

Post a few of my pimp posts...

simple as that,,where are these pimp posts?
Fo, you have been favourable in your reviews of Best...every review.

Whilst I don't doubt the kites are decent, does it not play a different spin on things if you are receiving free kites?

I.e. If I come online and post an outstanding review on XYZ kite, and I get my kites from XYZ for free, would that not make you take the review with a pinch of salt knowing I get the kites for free? I know I would take a review differently knowing a person gets free kites and I'm sure you do as well.

The reality is, if you feel that your reviews are "so neutral" and people respect your opinion as neutral, then you have nothing to lose by stating that you get your kites for free, after all, surely other people have the right to know that when seeing your opinions on Best?

Ocean Lover
Medium Poster

Postby Ocean Lover » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:14 am

fokiten wrote:Post a few of my pimp posts...

There are none, as far as I recall

Best Regards
fokiten

Cheers Fo, You may not be pimping.. but you have let up on the (sometimes justified) attacks on the best spammers. They bought you off on that one. Only cost 'em $500 out of pocket to keep you silent and let them get back to their work at hand; Take over the boards, clutter reality, bash the competition with repetitive one liners, pay the moderators, compromise the individuality of forum hero's, and sell sell sell.. Orwellian genius... those fukkers.

It's cool.. a free kite is a free kite.. or is it? I still like you. You speak more truth than not. We know where you stand. That's the new rule.

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:02 pm

fokiten wrote:fokiten:

No affiliation whatsoever, most of my kite buds are team riders or reps,,

No one I kite with pays retail for their kites, I've ready access to the complete lines several major kite companies.

Best gives me a kite now and then, but they do it because they are not afraid I'll dis-um, they only give me the ones that work the best, 11m yarga, proto hellfish 13m (sweet) 9m waroo ...but are sure I'll say so if I like the kite.

You see,

I do not dis any kite gear ever, if I know of an issue I feel is a negative I'll ask the right question of the dude who chooses to hype the kite,,

The facts come out after a little sqealing and I love you fo-s,,but I make sure the truth comes out...

Hey, that's my edge,,,I just request the truth

No affiliation whatsoever
fokiten
Wow, what a pile of bullshit. I can smell it all the way to OZ...

P

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:18 pm

Hey stop picking on Fokiten, he's obviously going through a rough spell as I for once managed to read his post and understood first time!! :o

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:08 pm

ScottM wrote:Hey stop picking on Fokiten, he's obviously going through a rough spell as I for once managed to read his post and understood first time!! :o
I know. But I think he'll come out of it a better person...

P

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks man,

That's the nicest thing I'ver heard all week...

I think what missionman is stuck on,, is that I get free kites as a rule, as in evey season I get a free kite...

I see how that could be veiwed as a salary, however, it's not like that.

I got the 11m yarga thru sq, he said, fucking try one, fo, you'll see,

I said, so send me one bitch I'll fly it...

I asked for a 12m Nemesis (I like high aspect fast kites) but sq mailed my suit, a 11m yarga instead,,,why?

Because it was the better kite,,,That's why I say, they don't give me what I want, they only give me their best preformers, they're not stupid...

The 11 yarga is indeed a sweet ride, but I still prefer my 8.4 airblast,, that's my first choice kite, my favorite kite...

When I asked where do I send this yarga, I'm done with it, they said,,just keep it, we don't need more demo kites right now...

The hellfish? well g-ball had a dozen of the proto-13s, can't sell um,, what to do?

Give one to fo, he's on-line, he'll be a good bet to keep us in the discussion....

Read my review on helfish,,,backstall, explode-o, taco mofo,,,

Then yup, then got it figured out,,,great kite.

So it's not like we have a deal,, it's more because I'm a frequent poster....

9 Waroo, same deal, (a pre production poto-type, they can't sell it, what to do?)I'm a regular, it's the best of the waroo sizes; they believe in the kite, it's just a good move...

No mystery, no conspiracy, just a solid business move....

(give your very best preformmer to a frequent poster,,,see what happens,,)

post more,, they might give you a kite...

Hey, fucking with dip-shits, like rocky, phillip, butch, etc. IS my on-line recreation,,,

My on line mission is to keep the stoke in check, by hammering the hype, the pon-pom wavers...>pimps

So sue me..

Thanks man
fokiten

Phillipp,, you're supposed to be in the UK now,,

lol, bitch,

It's not easy being you

Ocean Lover wrote:
fokiten wrote:Post a few of my pimp posts...

There are none, as far as I recall

Best Regards
fokiten

Cheers Fo, You may not be pimping.. but you have let up on the (sometimes justified) attacks on the best spammers. They bought you off on that one. Only cost 'em $500 out of pocket to keep you silent and let them get back to their work at hand; Take over the boards, clutter reality, bash the competition with repetitive one liners, pay the moderators, compromise the individuality of forum hero's, and sell sell sell.. Orwellian genius... those fukkers.

It's cool.. a free kite is a free kite.. or is it? I still like you. You speak more truth than not. We know where you stand. That's the new rule.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:34 pm

fokiten wrote: No mystery, no conspiracy, just a solid business move....
Duh...what do you think sponsorship is...or marketing? All I am saying is if its a business move, then how about you put it in the location just like all the other "business moves". Unless you won it in a comp, believe it or not Best are getting something out of this, because you're advertising for them.

I'm not slating you on this Fo, you're not complaining, and why would you? I don't blame you for it. Most guys would be happy to take free kites, nobody wants to pay for them.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:38 pm

Because it takes two to tango,,

I'm simply not for sale.

End of story, so-sue me...

It does not matter in the least that they gave me something.

I own my posts, Test me,,post a post of mine, then, hide in the oleanders and watch,,,,

I'll back up any post of mine,,,anytime

Try me if you do not believe me.

It's ok missionman, you think I'm not my own man,,,

I understand,,,but try me, if you doubt my sincerity...

If you got a case, bring it,, I'm right here for you...

Regards
fo
MissionMan wrote:
fokiten wrote: No mystery, no conspiracy, just a solid business move....
Duh...what do you think sponsorship is...or marketing? All I am saying is if its a business move, then how about you put it in the location just like all the other "business moves". Unless you won it in a comp, believe it or not Best are getting something out of this, because you're advertising for them.

I'm not slating you on this Fo, you're not complaining, and why would you? I don't blame you for it. Most guys would be happy to take free kites, nobody wants to pay for them.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:49 pm

Where do you draw the line? Isn’t that exactly where this problem started? Too many people giving the impression their opinions are legit while they are actually deriving benefit from the manufacturer? I’m sure there are a number of shop owners who feel their reviews are perfectly legitimate so why would it be fair for them to have to put down their association if they feel their posts are also “their ownâ€

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:00 pm

Fo, do you think they would continue to give you free kites if you gave the a negative review?

NO, there is no way they would and you know it.

Because of that, you are biased, whether you like it or not.

Return to “Kitesurfing”