Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new rule: if you are affiliated with a company let us know!

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:40 am

Regards,

No,, What I mean is that they send me only the best all-around fun sizes;

I can't beg a 16m. or an 8m.

I say that (fun sizes) because I've alway thought the most fun wind is around 17 to 20 knots,,,lighter than that the kites are pokey slow, (I'm talking 02. 03, 04, 05, kites) and higher than 22 or the wind typically gets gustier (around here anyway) and the kites get a bit squirlly...

So a 12m is the perfect size kite for fun kiting (Imho)

They sent me a 11,, a 12 <(9waroo),, and a 13m.

So that's what I mean by their best perfoming kites.

I'm stuck with four medium size kites,,Hey,, I'm happy.

================
we had a look at the cross-bow, I like front-line fler kites so it did not suit me...

Flew the Rap1 in late 04,, I reviewed it as your girl freind's favorite kite,,,sluggish low end, hard to get jumps dialed on,,but awesome depower, a truly forgiving (safe type) ride..

Perfect for a loved one, you don't want dinged up...

As appossed to a full blown high aspect (kick your ass) C kite.

that can and will I love you up if you lose it...

Any More Questions?

can every thread be about me?

LOL,,

Thanks
fo

PS. haven't ridden the waroo yet,,so unlike some folks I've not reviewed it,, been working, soon, I hope,,soon

I remain hopful
regards
steveb wrote:Fo..by saying Best only sends you the "good ones", are you implying they sell the "bad ones" to us poor schmucks that pay for our kites?.
Taking your point further, you had a happy old time slamming bows in post after post for months last summer, now you rate the 9m waroo a "good one".
So your opinion on bows was changed by a free waroo, sell out!.
Last edited by fokiten on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:11 am

Regards Xes Laro,

You back in Brazil?

Say did you get a chance to ride that board yet? You know the one you reviewed as the most awesome light wind board you have ever ridden...

Have you ridden it yet? you have to buy it from.|||||||||...to cash in on the post, right?

The proto (superlight) hellfish 13m. is a kick-ass smoking ride

Take it from me I own, and HAVE ridden it,,,you read about it in a lettler. (enough said by the gossip whore MakeHimDance=Phillipp.)

head-shake,,

How you are not banned from here is beyond me...

Post as Xes Laro,Phillipp,, I want to marvel at seeing that you still retain that username...

Give me a MakeHimDance pp-post while your at it too...

Enjoy Brazil Xes,,
fo

You're are god damn right I said rock-on with your mod on.

It fucking might save that kite for all the non-streno-heads out there...

Right-on,,
Rock-on with your mods on,,,Right-on

the only

fokiten

it's exploded four times, I'm running out of bladder, every time it blows it takes out a bit more of the bladder,,still a kick-ass kite.
BAM,,o' not again,,lol,, no biggy

What's "neglectable" mean anyway?

And let's have a look at a bashing post of mine,,,

Go fetch one up Xes, dance for yourselves
Phillipp wrote:
fokiten wrote:It's cool man,(72), I know you mean well, but I'm straight up, it's my edge, I cannot afford to be dishonest,,it's too hard to keep up with lies,,why bother when the truth works so well...?

right-on

No worries..
fo

Notice, what you're claiming is a little unfair:

You say, if I was given a kite, I must be dishonest.

now that's little narrow minded wouldn't you say?

It's cool,, I know you mean well...
Still smelling....

Let's just see if there is a bit of logic to be found here:

1. It is common knowledge that the HF (including the proto) was a pretty average if not bad kite. I think most if not all forum members (excl. Mr. OT aka Fokiten) agree with that. I even have PMs from BEST agreeing that it wasn't their greatest kite (i.e. without the marketing spin - a pretty shitty kite).

2. Fokiten, you are the only one that considers the proto HF one of the best kites ever. Interestingly, if I recall your previous posts correctly, you have had it POP 2 or 3 times already and have had to have it fixed...

3. You state you are not affiliated with BEST. You just happen to get free kites. And you clearly don't pimp any of their gear or bash other companie's gear...

4. I can recall quite a few post of you complaining about the 'banana' kites, the bar pressure, the annoyance of mods, etc.... (all from other brands than BEST). Well, at least they weren't popping. But that's probably a neglectable issue in your eyes.

So you are telling to the whole Forum that you are not a tiny little bit biased towards BEST????

I can only see two possible conclusions here:

1. You're a BEST PIMP

2. You don't have a fucking clue what a good kite is and forum members should not listen to any of your reviews

Please enlighten us in which group you belong (probably in both).

P

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vietkiter » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:09 am

fokiten wrote:My replies represent my thoughts without being filtered through another's interest, or my own, I tell like I see it....
Well, I think both sides have it wrong... nothing to do with getting "free kites" per se...

1) Reality is that if you hate it... you don't say anything cause it didn't cost you anything so you want to be gracious to the giver...

2) If you think the kite is okay... you will say you like it... if you like the kite, you will say you love it... and if you love the kite... you will be stoked

3) I think it's rare that someone will straight out say something is good/great when they truly believes it's not... more likely if given a free kite, they will emphasize the good quality and remain silent on the bad.... similar to kite mag/shop guy reviews

4) With respect to Fo, I am sure he likes the best kites... but the stoked reviews... ain't quid pro quo... that's not Fo... his racket is angling for free kites from every brand... it's not about the kites... getting free stuff makes one feel VIP... stroke the ego... nothing wrong with feeling important...

Fo got disproportionate number of best kites... so can't talk about kites he doesn't have... he's not into brochure based reviews... so only solution is for other brands to make their seasonal kite contribution to Fo... if Fo got too many kites... no time to talk about Best... easy enough racket... get him a bunch of other brands' kites... he'll talk about the ones he likes... while it's not possible to undo a sellout... certainly he doesn't mind selling other stuffs he likes... so brands.... send him your fucking kites... size 12m only of course

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:46 am

vietkiter wrote: 1) Reality is that if you hate it... you don't say anything cause it didn't cost you anything so you want to be gracious to the giver...

2) If you think the kite is okay... you will say you like it... if you like the kite, you will say you love it... and if you love the kite... you will be stoked

3) I think it's rare that someone will straight out say something is good/great when they truly believes it's not... more likely if given a free kite, they will emphasize the good quality and remain silent on the bad.... similar to kite mag/shop guy reviews
Spot on here, Viet. How many guys you know who will give a free kite a bad review? Maybe Fo is different, but how do I know this? I don't know him personally, never kited with him, he isn't mother theresa and he has no offline cred with me. I'm not saying he's a liar, but, how do I honestly know he is telling the truth?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:59 am

if someone sees in the location that someone is affiliated, and then you can check in the profile the exact affiliation if you want.
It is easy and accessable.

Greets
Toby

sols
Frequent Poster

Postby sols » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:28 am

Toby, check out my profile. Like this?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:44 am

perfect!

Thanks
Toby

rbiter
Rare Poster

Postby rbiter » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:40 am

fokiten wrote: They sent me a 11,, a 12 <(9waroo),, and a 13m.

So that's what I mean by their best perfoming kites.

I'm stuck with four medium size kites,,Hey,, I'm happy.

Great that ur happy,,, happy,,, put best in ur location pimp!!!
================
we had a look at the cross-bow, I like front-line fler kites so it did not suit me...
Now this is where ur cred comes unstuck with me bud,,, ive flown the crossbow a lot and it is definately a front line kite,,, so either yo had it trimmed bad or you talk shit and i reckon both!!!
Any More Questions?

can every thread be about me?

LOL,,

Thanks
fo
hell no, you would love that though eh???, Foforum (shudder),,,, you could run it yoself and have multiple chats and arguments with your buds honeypuddle,,, foggyass,,, etc, etc...
Why would an honest, thats MR honest super objective dude,,,, like you use fake usernames???
Cos ur not fuckin honets thats why!!!
An ur not mr super fuckin objective either,,, just an idiot with a super inflated ego...
PS. haven't ridden the waroo yet,,so unlike some folks I've not reviewed it,, been working, soon, I hope,,soon

I remain hopful
regards
That is because you are on ehre 24/7 talking shit and slagging people who object to your ridiculaous arrogant opinions, biased opinions.

Regards

rbiter

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:16 am

stop using different user names, anyone!
Or I make it public.

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:59 pm

Toby wrote:stop using different user names, anyone!
Or I make it public.

Do it, Do it, Do it now.

Return to “Kitesurfing”