Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Bow history and patent

Forum for kitesurfers
schmoe
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby schmoe » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:46 am

With all respect to PMU, he didn't come up with something new for a while. A few times a year he talks about no major wins in PKRA for foils, that it. He doesn't even do the copy paste as much as he used to. :wink:

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:24 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed in urna et enim porttitor ullamcorper ac non ipsum. Proin eleifend orci quis ligula convallis et viverra metus porta. Fusce commodo eros ut sapien euismod venenatis. Proin suscipit auctor laoreet. Phasellus scelerisque viverra nisi eu malesuada. Etiam malesuada tellus non neque fermentum at molestie mi condimentum. Vestibulum gravida enim sit amet nisi mattis pulvinar. Suspendisse hendrerit ipsum id neque sodales ut tincidunt felis dignissim. Suspendisse potenti. Phasellus venenatis pharetra consectetur. Curabitur tempus lacinia dui. Nunc semper arcu id leo lacinia porta. Proin commodo adipiscing egestas. Suspendisse adipiscing enim turpis, sed.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:06 pm

All I'm saying where is the respect,
even if you know certain things why brag about if it's not constructive :?:
As this example shows you can hurt and intimidate others feeling with a statement unconsciously,
in spite of the fact it wasn't the original intension.

The reason I'm saying this because Kitesurfing would be nowhere without the L Brothers
WDF some of you would still prefer FLYING Cory Roseller's Delta kite called the KITESKI :?:
Why Cory didn't invent the L.E.I. or some of you EXPERT
so let others use it and have fun with it in real time on water :?:

The point is anybody could have ideas or a patent even without a prototype, big deal!
But if it's not practical for usability and sale economically for the mass of the people
than those dead ideas are only dreams and useless, so you can shove it to you ass :!:

Just my $.02... :bye:
Attachments
KITESKI.jpg
KITESKI.jpg (21.14 KiB) Viewed 3092 times

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:24 pm

DrLightWind wrote:All I'm saying where is the respect,
even if you know certain things why brag about if it's not constructive :?:
As this example shows you can hurt and intimidate others feeling with a statement unconsciously,
in spite of the fact it wasn't the original intension.

The reason I'm saying this because Kitesurfing would be nowhere without the L Brothers
WDF some of you would still prefer using Cory Roseller's Delta kite called the KITESKI :?:
Why Cory didn't invent the L.E.I. or some of you EXPERT
so let others use it and have fun with it in real time on water :?:
I actually think there is a lot of misunderstanding going on here.

First of all Spork has said that he doesn't think "the L Brothers" deserve a payday for their work. Most people here do, and Spork has been clear about this he supports that. But this is besides the point. The whole point is that as a company, if you design a product, and it does not fall under anyones patent you are not legally obligated to pay royalties. It isn't exactly good economy to pay fees you do not have to. Second of all, if a company are outside someones patent, they might be able to patent it themselves.

There are two good things about this thread. First "the L Brothers" get to review their patent / patent lawyer, and improve their next nice patent.

Secondly we get to learn about patents. I do happen to know that Spork actually has a lot of experience in patents and work, some of which we enjoy on a daily basis (if you watch sports on TV). The first time this thread surfaced we had a side discussion, and I for one learned a lot.

We really should be able to discuss freely and respectfully almost any topic. That one of the "the L Brothers" is here with his opinion and knowledge in the matter is only an advantage for all of us reading and following the discussion..
The point is anybody could have ideas or a patent even without a prototype, big deal!
But if it's not practical for usability and sale economically for the mass of the people
than those are only dreams and useless, so you can shove it to you ass :!:

Just my $.02... :bye:
I have no idea what you mean here....why would you shove your dreams and uselessness to your ass?? ;-)

a.

Wibbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wibbler » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:30 pm

DrLightWind wrote:The point is anybody could have ideas or a patent even without a prototype, big deal!
than those dead ideas are only dreams and useless, so you can shove it to you ass :!:

What a lorry-load of bs, DrLW... without that idea (clearly you don't have many yourself) there would be no'practical for usability'

Ideas are currency. You should value and respect them.

(Here in China, unfortunately that typically means borrowing them)

spork
Very Frequent Poster

Postby spork » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:49 pm

tautologies wrote:First of all Spork has said that he doesn't think "the L Brothers" deserve a payday for their work.
That's not exactly true. I've said several times that I recognize the L.Bros as having put kitesurfing where it is today. I absolutely think they should profit from that. There are two general approaches to profiting from your work. Protect the I.P. or be the biggest, fastest, and best in the market. There are any number of reasons to choose either approach. What I don't like to see is people abusing the patent process. I've been on the wrong side of that too many times.
There are two good things about this thread. First "the L Brothers" get to review their patent / patent lawyer, and improve their next nice patent.
In point of fact, their bow patent is a far better patent than the first patent. I can't say if that's because they have a better patent atty, but I'm willing to bet they do. The drafting of the claims just doesn't look like the work of the person that drafted the first patent. I claim the bow patent could be improved in a number of ways; but it's already a big step in the right direction.

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:52 pm

tautologies wrote: I have no idea what you mean here....why would you shove your dreams and uselessness to your ass?? ;-)
Because if you can't live it off you ideas or make money out of it, it could make your life miserable.
That's all.
Wibbler wrote: Ideas are currency. You should value and respect them.
That's very true,
but it's only one grade better than people without it and doesn't mean they are happier or more balanced.
Also there is nothing wrong with borrowing certain elements from disclosed abstracts and Independent or Dependent Claims,
wherein with your differing improvement comprises simultaneously one or more of the above,
as long as you’re not infringing or PAYING the loyalties for the Prior Art Embodiments IMO.

The bottom line it's easy have a patent but how you defend it :?:
Cause I've seen even the best patents could be worked around.
If you've done already all that and you made prototypes yourself,
than you know what I'm talking about :bye:

tradewind
Medium Poster

Postby tradewind » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:49 pm

SORRY Spork , must have missed a line there , I will leave the KF because I don't know why people doing this great sport and insulting each other on the net . I have two NO Brainers on our spot , here in KF there are lot's , pretty sad how you guys talk about different styles ,designs ,shapes ect . Pretty sad with much respect you talk to others
Most of the the posts are attacks and not related to the thread .
Somebody new ,visiting here , to get some infos will have the feeling beeing on a website for butchers or truckers .

Ciao Guy's , keep on fighting .Will make this sport more interesting .

Ciao Toby , won't wonder if lot's of people leave this forum !!!

brunolgx
Frequent Poster

Postby brunolgx » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm with you Tradewind, coming back as soon as there is a moderator :bye:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:31 pm

parts of it is an interesting discussion...but I assume the majority has no idea about patents.

If Bruno wins in court, he might be right? At least I assume so...

The thread is in flamer's now, so we can read part of the good stuff.

Don't worry Tradewind, it has more users than ever daily.
And once I can use the stable forum software, you can just put users on the "ignore list"!!!

That would be hell of a new tool

:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”