Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pictures Speak More Than 1000 Words (CONTRA 17)...

Forum for kitesurfers
Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Phillipp » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 pm

)*( wrote:I"m sorry,

But I must protest this sort of thing.

Phillipp, you already "did compare" the CB 1 with mod, to the Contra and proclaimed the 16 x-bow with mod. "definitely" has greater bar pressure than the Contra.

That's just wrong.

To just assume and present it as tested fact, is so very, very dishonest.

I'm sorry, being stoked is one thing, however, providing reveiws based on mear assumptions, yet presented as case hardened/tested fact is quite another.

Again I'm sorry, but I must protest.

Toby how can you allow this guy/ gal to continue to post bogus reviews?

You claim responsiblity for what's posted here.

This is an official complaint, it rquires your attention.

Please respond

Thank you
)*(
Phillipp wrote:
)*( wrote: So Is the 16 crossbow even with the mod still have heavy bar pressure?

ThanKs Phillipp,

love your stoke
)*(
)*(,

I haven't flown the CB1 16 with the mod. So I can't really compare the bar pressure. I would assume they are similar.

P
)*(,

you must be from that movie "Meet The Fokkers"... You know that scene with the little boy learning his first word: Arsehoooole!!!

Now to your point. The few days we were flying the Contra 17 there were quite a few other Cabrinha bow riders including those currently riding CB1 16m with a mod. According to their direct comparison the Contra 17 has a lower bar pressure. My wrong doing was that I didn't quote them or added some footnotes making a reference to their comments.

Thanks for pointing that out. It clearly shows that you selected Username fits: You're bloody ANAL

And instead of trying to find flaws in reviews that have been writen with some effort and sometimes are useful to others you could actually add something useful yourself for a change. How does that sound????

)*(

Postby )*( » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:15 pm

Personal attacks will see you banned.

Your review was offered as a first person personal review, I read it as such. I trusted you to be factual.

Now, found out in a lie, you insult me? you now offer only insult and evasion?

This can only be veiwed as yet another error in your judgement.

So (focus now) you just now misrepresented yourself again!

you said nothing to me earlier of "ALL" these other 16 mod bow boys testing your contra and proclaiming your 17Contra had less bar problems than their moded 16 x-bows; that it was a group test etc. etc.

No you said you have never flown a moded 16 x-bow, that you simlpy assumed it would be "definitely better.

Now?
Well now it's feedback from many testers of your Contra by 16 moded x-bow onwners.

Which story do you "now" wish to claim?

You got three different stories going now. plus,

You said you've never ridden a 16 moded x-bow, so what did you ride when "ALL" these other 16 box riders had your kite?

It's all b/s isn't it?

you rode nothing else? is that what we're expected to believe now?

Frankly, I smell pork.

Yet, you continue to wallow in self praise and dish out insults, pretty friggin lame of you.

Sheez ! what are you thinking????

Back on topic:

How about you address the new cab-bow 2 valve seam issue?

Or are you more comfrotable making shit up, insulting those honest users that look to you for info?

Do you enjoy playing the angry troll?

How about some actual-factual feedback for a change?

We trust Toby to keep this place civil and pimp free.

From my mailbox,

...ask him about his 2 crossbow 2 kites (9 and 12) which he had to send back from brazil because the stitching failed around the valve! cabrinha know about this failure (manufacturing defect ) and are keeping it quiet. He's probably keeping it quiet becasue he's trying to get early personal demos of the switchblade 2 which is going to be released to dealers (demos only) this month and the public next month.

IS THIS TRUE Phillipp?

Love your stoke! your disinformation? that's just wrong.

Your penchant for insults? just lame...

Thanks

)*(

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:10 am

Hey enjoyed the new red 9m Xbow 2, will tell you what I think when we get some proper wind!!

p.s. Everything looks cool on mine! :thumb:

p.p.s. A one pump 14 Contra pumps up faster than a 9m Switchblade 1

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:56 am

)*( wrote:Personal attacks will see you banned.
You too.
Your review was offered as a first person personal review, I read it as such. I trusted you to be factual.

Now, found out in a lie, you insult me? you now offer only insult and evasion?
This is the kettle calling the pot black mate, and maybe lay off the pot too, eh?
He has offered an explanation, just drop it.
Back on topic:

This is not the thread topic and there is no issue, it is an isolated case, I have several kites from the same batch, no problems at all.
Or are you more comfrotable making shit up, insulting those honest users that look to you for info?
We could ask you the same question?
However nothing is made up, you have just made a number od ASSumptions.
Do you enjoy playing the angry troll?
You're kidding?? Look in the mirror, read what you are writing it is all angry, vengeful, envious crap.

Get away the the puter, do something positive and post something that contributes to the forum members, this is nonsense.

Phillip has a well established track record of factual helpful posts, looking at yours is a waste of effort.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

oqion
Medium Poster

Postby oqion » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:53 am

This SUCKS!

I am definatly not buying one of those.

When would I ever get to go surfing?

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:15 am

Yeah I've never had any issues neither has anyone around here.

)*(

Postby )*( » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:38 am

)*( wrote:]Back on topic:

kitepower wrote: This is not the thread topic and there is no issue, it is an isolated case, I have several kites from the same batch, no problems at all.
Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack
It's true then, Phillipp had seam failures on both his 9 and 12 x-bow2s then.

Funny he didn't mention it to us, go figure?
kitepower wrote: Phillip has a well established track record of factual helpful posts, looking at yours is a waste of effort
Everybody knows Phillipp's posting record here, you most of all.

Shall we review the record?

Shall we?

As far as your concerened Kitepower, I know everything you say is just fluff, some sort fish stunk chum, residual droppings from the stick Fo jambed up your ass ages ago.

I wish he was around to see how ineffectual you've become.

Thanks for the answer on the valve seam question.

Shape up Phillipp, aka, Xes Laro, MakeHimDance, Maxxi, Foolkitten, etc. etc. just to name a few.

Moving on.

So who can confirm the Contra 17 makes the crossbows seem like slow turtles?

Anyone?

Thanks
)*(

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:52 am

Read somewhere that the 17 contra makes the old 16 Xbow seem slow....turtle slow who knows?

Anyway the 14m Contra works great, prefered it over the slower 16m Waroo I tested, though it had less grunt until you worked it so it's not a kite for the lazy kiter.

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Phillipp » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:06 am

)*(,

In contrary to some (generaly known as bashers), I did not post the minor stiching problem I had on my kites before contacting the manufacturer and giving them a chance to assess the problem. As most here on the forum, I pay for my kites and obviously expect them to be perfect. So you can imagine that the last thing I want is a faulty kite while I'm travelling in the north of Brazil on a kite trip. But as we all know sometimes things aren't perfect in a production process. But instead of making a major "bashing feast" on the forum, I thought it would be fair to wait and see how Cabrinha handles the problem.

I have been in contact with Cabrinha and passed the serial numbers of the kites to them. I was informed that the stitching is the same as on the Contra, which so far hasn't had any problems. I for one, have two and the stitching is perfect.

Current assumption is that the needle might have been faulty leading to a bad stitching (1cm on the LE). Cabrinha has already offered to cover the cost to fix the problem, but is still following up if any other kites of that batch have similar issues.

I hope this clears it for you as well. Next time try not jumping into conclusions before posting. It just makes you look like a fool and we would not want that!!!

P

P.S.: I'm certain Toby and many others would agree with me that this is the proper Forum etiquette...

)*(

Postby )*( » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:29 am

Xes Laro, err Phillipp,

Which story would you now like to claim as your preferd pp ?

The Good?
Phillipp wrote:
I’ve now had a chance to fly the Contra 17 in varying wind conditions.

• Bar Pressure: I’d say it’s pretty much equal to the Contra 12 and 14. Similar to the pressure of the 12m Switchblade. Definitely lower than the Switchblade 16 and Crossbow with mod 16.
P
The Bad?
Phillipp wrote: I haven't flown the CB1 16 with the mod. So I can't really compare the bar pressure. I would assume they are similar.
P
Or The Ugly?
Phillipp wrote: The few days we were flying the Contra 17 there were quite a few other Cabrinha bow riders including those currently riding CB1 16m with a mod. According to their direct comparison the Contra 17 has a lower bar pressure. My wrong doing was that I didn't quote them or added some footnotes making a reference to their comments.
Which one would you like to chose?

Thanks, you should talk to your buddy kitepower about your expertise in forum etiquette, couldn't hurt, LOL

)*(

Return to “Kitesurfing”