Forum for kitesurfers
blueocean
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Adventures in Greece!

Postby blueocean » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:51 pm

So im finally recovered from my kite adventure to Greece with Dimitri and Jessie and wanted to let you all know it was amazing. Jessie put up a lot of pictures at
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... WLFs0ctGcE
... Everything was top notch. The beachs were beautiful the wind was nice, the water was warm (I love not wearing a wetsuit!!!) the accomodations were so much nicer than just a hotel room and the food was off the hook. D knew the areas to take us too that you'd never find alone and had extra gear for when yours went to hell, as mine did... :thumb: I am stoked on their tours and plan on heading to Brazil in the winter with them. Im not tryin to pimp a brand but I just ordered a skywalker board after trying them on the trip and bought an airush reactor while I was there. (I ride slingshot and fly windwings (for now) but can never get enuff toys!) This is my first post and I wanted to just say thanks to kiteforum for answering my endless questions without me even needing to ask them. I live in SF and it was hard to get back in the bay after being in the blue waters off of athens Paros and Mykonos. My favorite was a 10 mile downwinder we did fresh off the loooong plane ride. There is no better way to wake yourself up! Definately a big thumbs up to Dimitri, Jessie and all the cool folk on the trip. We had a great group of people which made the trip that much better!!!-ethan :bye:

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitegrommet » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:23 am

What's the cost of living around the beaches and what's the "season"?

liv2surf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Waddell Creek, Scott Creek, Miramar-Half Moon Bay, Coyote Point, Pillar Point Harbor-HMB
Style: waves & foil
Gear: Cabrinha Drifters 7, 9, 11. Firewire Dominator surfboard (quad), no straps. SS SpacePickle adapted to foil (LF Foilfish foil), two foot hooks, front and back.

Re: Adventures in Greece!

Postby liv2surf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:49 am

blueocean wrote:So im finally recovered from my kite adventure to Greece with Dimitri and Jessie and wanted to let you all know it was amazing. Jessie put up a lot of pictures at
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... WLFs0ctGcE
... Everything was top notch. The beachs were beautiful the wind was nice, the water was warm (I love not wearing a wetsuit!!!) the accomodations were so much nicer than just a hotel room and the food was off the hook. D knew the areas to take us too that you'd never find alone and had extra gear for when yours went to hell, as mine did... :thumb: I am stoked on their tours and plan on heading to Brazil in the winter with them. Im not tryin to pimp a brand but I just ordered a skywalker board after trying them on the trip and bought an airush reactor while I was there. (I ride slingshot and fly windwings (for now) but can never get enuff toys!) This is my first post and I wanted to just say thanks to kiteforum for answering my endless questions without me even needing to ask them. I live in SF and it was hard to get back in the bay after being in the blue waters off of athens Paros and Mykonos. My favorite was a 10 mile downwinder we did fresh off the loooong plane ride. There is no better way to wake yourself up! Definately a big thumbs up to Dimitri, Jessie and all the cool folk on the trip. We had a great group of people which made the trip that much better!!!-ethan :bye:
which one are you (in the pictures) and which Skywalker board are you buying. (you must be a new kiteboarder if this is your first post on kiteforum ... or maybe you just have more "of a life", which would be my wife's explanation).

liv2surf (SF bay area, too)

Kite Adventures
Frequent Poster
Location: San Francisco, CA and Brazil (Kite Adventures tourism company)

Postby Kite Adventures » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:54 pm

The "kite season" is July and August,
cost of living, depends where I would imagine... There are so many islands to pick from! Either way, the parties, the food, the people are HOT!

Minime
Rare Poster

Postby Minime » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:45 pm

very nice fotos dude!

just one question, at this f..ing huge jumps, what kite is dimitri using, the reactor or lift? because on some shots you cannot even see white caps and the surfers drive big sails..

thanks!
greetz
m

bri
Frequent Poster

Postby bri » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:12 pm

you can go to greece from april into may. Its not as cheap as it used to be since the euro came in but still reasonable. The people are great and you can still bum round in a tent if you like.

For example on mikri vigla on naxos you can camp for free as long as you eat in the restaurant once a day like breakfast or something, no big deal.

check out this months kitesurf magazine from the UK

Return to “Kitesurfing”