Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite shops not doing so well.

Forum for kitesurfers
randal
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby randal » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:25 pm

My biggest beef is kitebrands that mark their prices up only to have kite shops mark them down when you complain. If these companies truly want to compete they need to price their kites appropriately and put an end to the whole marking kites down the minute you show interest in them scheme. It definitely turned me off several brands, and hence I didn't buy from them, I feel that this is going to be an ongoing trend with the number of new kiters coming in.

Why buy one kite when you can get two kites for the same price?

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vietkiter » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:54 pm

D_Clark wrote:
sq225917 wrote:my brand is better than your brand fighting between us girls is cool, it's like drag racing round a bend where no one can see who actually wins, and we all come back claiming the win.

fighting about politics is retarded....

politicians,all of them, in every country are self serving and little more,if they were any f-in use for anything they'd run charities instead...
Excellent comment SQ, you summed it up very nicely on both subjects.
Actually, SQ is sounding a lot like a kite politician... well one that has switched affiliation several times including concientious objector status...

With respect to subject 1: Hey, isn't SQ part of the political campaign claiming who's the best brand and who's winning?

With respect to subject 2: 'Fighting about politics' is called 'reform' and while frustrating and often not successful... is rarely 'retarded' endeaver...

With respect to subject 3: As to Bush and Blair... well any struggling shopowner care to enlighten us on how the Israel-Hizbollah situation can be resolved... please speak up... I certainly would support such kiteshop...

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:18 pm

GraemeF wrote:George Bush and the zealots that surround him and create his Foreign policy have done your nation more harm than you could possibly imagine.
So I presume you were against invading Iraq... what about Afghanistan? What should we do about Hizbollah, Iran and North Korea nukes? Please do tell about your 'proportionate responses'.
But as for your uninformed rantings about US power you should do a bit more research into the number of wars you've lost when no-one helps you out before speaking.
Please do tell... not to lessen the contribution of our greatest ally UK... but please tell America which wars our allies 'saved' us from impending doom

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:24 pm

you miss the point VK, brand moguls making claims for brands means nothing, it's the customer reaction to the product that counts.

quantfiably having the better performing or better selling product is the acid test of a products performance, not a companies ability to make the claim. though i admit, sometimes having the belief in the better product gives you the confidence to make the claims.

it's the careful marriage of market assesment and design ability that delivers the outcomes, marketing helps you achieve the true potential, it seldom helps you exceed it.

scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Style: all

Postby scklandl » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:36 pm

when kitesurfing started all you had to do to own a successful shop was be someone who actually knew what a kite was and had them for sale, lots of "BROS" got into it without much business sense or savvy or how to understand and read a customer. as the industry matures, their lack of business smarts is gonna put them at a serious advantage to those who've got savvy. I dont think Real is dying off or Daryls fla bus; these guys put together a great shop AND A great online retailor. its the modern world and if you cant do both your finished. as far as some of these business' dying off, sorry they couldnt make it but if they opened an ice cream shop itd probably be failing too

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:08 pm

GrammyF Wrote:
Posts like yours serve neither them nor your fellow countrymen well

Quit telling me whats good for my countrymen foreign tosser.

Just adding some fuel to the fire

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 70kg
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core & Sabfoil Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:19 pm

vietkiter wrote:[Please do tell... not to lessen the contribution of our greatest ally UK... but please tell America which wars our allies 'saved' us from impending doom
No, why dont you tell me about a recent war you won without help from allies. Oh yeah I remember it was Grenada.

Talk me through Somalia, they're a sophisticated bunch, how come they whooped your all powerful ass.

Tell me about the victorious invasion of Cuba.

Why aren't you in there disarming North Korea, oh yeah they have got WMD's no wonder you wont consider it, might get your nose bloodied eh.

Thats the thing about powerful bullies.

Which is exactly how idiots like you come across.

Bullies.

No wonder your hated by half the boody world now and those of us who have stood by you are whincing everytime some redneck m.oron spouts off with the patriotic bollox.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:04 pm

find a frickin politics forum..

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby 72kiteboarder » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:31 pm

GraemeF wrote:
vietkiter wrote:[Please do tell... not to lessen the contribution of our greatest ally UK... but please tell America which wars our allies 'saved' us from impending doom
No, why dont you tell me about a recent war you won without help from allies. Oh yeah I remember it was Grenada.

Talk me through Somalia, they're a sophisticated bunch, how come they whooped your all powerful ass.

Tell me about the victorious invasion of Cuba.

Why aren't you in there disarming North Korea, oh yeah they have got WMD's no wonder you wont consider it, might get your nose bloodied eh.

Thats the thing about powerful bullies.

Which is exactly how idiots like you come across.

Bullies.

No wonder your hated by half the boody world now and those of us who have stood by you are whincing everytime some redneck m.oron spouts off with the patriotic bollox.

Your a f@$king idiot!

The examples you so proudly posted as your "gotcha" are all Political losses not Military losses. In Somalia the Kill ratio was like 2000 to 1, no really look it up, and we only pulled out due to political pressure. Cuba was an idiotic political decision as well but who really cares. And do you think that we would let north Korea and Iran act like they do if it were solely up to us? Really, get a F$%^ing Clue.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:45 pm

yup, way too much politics!
Off it goes!

But the topic is interesting, so please someone start a new topic, but this time without politics and stupid comments on who did what.
We can't change the past, so make sure you do the right things in the future!

Thanks
Toby

Return to “Kitesurfing”