Any more info Guys :thumb:

LukaB
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby LukaB » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:10 pm

My point exactly!

I really don't understand the organizers of PKRA speed events and PKRA itself - is it really that hard to organize publishing of daily press releases with few photos to show the world what the hell is going on there??????

I mean, this should be WORLD CUP, so why you don't tell the world what was going on, right? How do you expect to earn credibility, respect, and above all, general public interest in events if you don't inform the public.

I also do not understand the PKRA - isn't the idea to get as much public awareness as possible?? What do you tell to your sponsors that expect some visibility for their investment??

Guys, if you don't do something about that communication, those events will remain local gatherings without any posibility of serious development.

Take this opinion and act now. Please provide better communication for upcoming events.

Luka

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:17 pm

Very well said Luka

chipmunk
Frequent Poster

Postby chipmunk » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Nice one luka as a former PBA / PKRA speed rider
and as a board builder for one of the riders ( Davo )
I would like to see the info myself.

I must agree with you and its something that needs
to be passed on to the committee or at least an explanation why results are slow in been passed on to the general public.

With to days modern technology you would think a daily video up link would be possible ?
:thumb:

chipmunk
Frequent Poster

Postby chipmunk » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:24 pm

LukaB
Medium Poster

Postby LukaB » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:30 am

http://www.dimensionkite.com/portsaintl ... 2-2007.htm

.. and that's it! No more news, photos.

Thanks DimensionKite.com for bringing the info to the world!
PKRA please try to get more information out - there are people out there that couldn't go, but want to know what's going on (sad that you didn't get that by yourself). This is only way to bring even more interest in speed events.

Congratulations to all for bringing this event and to the riders! Keep up the good spirit!

:bye:

Luka

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:11 am

normally the PKRA and KPWT has daily reports, on their website and also send it out via e-mail. Unfortunately a day later, never a the end of a day...

I already told the event organizer of the German PKRA to make sure in the evening a report gets send out.
We will see...

Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Naish Slash 2017 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10

Postby Phil » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:46 pm

Inside info by Sjoukje BREDENKAMP (standing 3rd in woman racing after 2 legs):

http://forums.ikiteboarding.com/forums/ ... 19663.aspx

Also a very nice reading about how life is for a pro rider competing far away from her (his) home base:

http://forums.ikiteboarding.com/forums/ ... 19567.aspx
This one is one of my best reading for ages on a (kite)forum. :D

Also very impressed by the RSA team spirit.
Thanks Sjoukje for posting, and good luck for the coming legs. :thumb:

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

LukaB
Medium Poster

Postby LukaB » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:33 pm

Toby wrote:normally the PKRA and KPWT has daily reports, on their website and also send it out via e-mail. Unfortunately a day later, never a the end of a day...

I already told the event organizer of the German PKRA to make sure in the evening a report gets send out.
We will see...
With freestyle events they are quite fast and accurate - and they also outsource this task (e.g. Carribean Winds). But with speed events - oh lord :roll: they are really bad in bring the news.

Sjoukje
Rare Poster

PKRA Speed?

Postby Sjoukje » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Hey (* live from Port Saint Louis)

Hey Phil! Thanks for the comments on my updates on ikiteboarding.com. Glad someone out there is enjoying it!

To the rest.... ive read what you guys have said and have to agree with most of the points! i have competed in various PKRA freestyle and speed events. i would say that the organisation and locations and general vibe of these events are amazing. it a well worth it experience...but media coverage wise the Freestyle is far better at getting info to the world as it happens. PKRA speed should be on par with PKRA Freestyle. So far its been a big hype before the events about all the various coverage, but it only gets out long after the event is over! Sure so far they have the best video and still footage of the little action thats happened but where is it? i know many of the riders here agree with me. But what to do about it? ok media coverage isnt everything but being a sponsored rider dedicated to speed every bit of coverage we get ensures our existence at these events. ???

Sadly we haven't had much wind at the event so there is actually no news ; except for the 2 heats we did on friday. ahh its frustrating! I suppose if there was lots of wind it could have turned out very differently?

Return to “Kitesurfing”