China, Kites and Greenhouse Gases

Forum for kitesurfers
Mulholland
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Mulholland » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:05 am

Same drivel, same response. When the drivel stops, I stop...Just making sure the enviromentalists don't do any more damage with their steady drumbeat of lies and distortions.

Another Toby
Frequent Poster

Postby Another Toby » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:17 am

Mulholland wrote:drivel, drivel...Just making sure the enviromentalists don't do any more damage with their steady drumbeat of lies and distortions.
What sort of damage is that? Suggesting that people consume less, waste less, try to cause less pollution?

Scribbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Scribbler » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:40 am

Mulholland wrote:Wow, who woulda thunk it? The earth has undergone naturally occurring warming. But why has the sharp warming curve plateaued?...____________________(fill in fear-tactic concocted by enviro-nutjobs here).
You know what that shows Mulholland:
That the earths sea-level did indeed plateau after the Ice Age about 7,000 years ago, but more importantly, it shows us that you do believe the scientists...

So why dont we look at ALL the evidence, not just the macro timescale, lets look at recent history, eh? (from http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki/Sea_Level_Gallery )
Attachments
SeaLevels.jpg
SeaLevels.jpg (164.16 KiB) Viewed 1064 times

Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB

Postby Feng » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:23 am

Actually, you are all wrong.
We are living inside the Matrix and all those data (War in Irak, Global warming) are just another simulation created by the matrix to control us.
:evil:

So let's kite (simullated by the Matrix) and forget the rest.

I am actually on my way to enter inside the Matrix and I should be able soon to pass the most creasiest kite loop. I will be soon the word kite Master of the Matrix.

PS: the most important news of the day: Paris Hilton is free.

skyseer
Frequent Poster

Postby skyseer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:51 am

Mulholland wrote:
No, people like you are Osama's wet dream. He counted on American and foreign liberal types to cower and run in fear. He expected us to fold like Clinton did in Mogadishu. Osama even justified 9-11 with this fact...People like me are his worst nightmare, and why he is in hiding to this day. He will die soon, if he isn't already dead.
Let's put it this way:
you are the perfect incarnation of the arrogant, ignorant US christian.
That's exactly the picture of America that Osama wants his followers to believe.

Bush's foreign politic is the muslim fundamentalist's greatest success.

-----------------

kiterguy wrote
Also, not to be classified as a "warming denier", but what influence does the our Sun have in this (our Sun has been going through a period of more solar activity......and Mars and Pluto are getting warmer too, are we causing that as well)?
Mars and Pluto warming:

http://environment.newscientist.com/cha ... ge/dn11642

what do you think of it ?
I think it is a bit arrogant to say that we are, exclusively, without a doubt causing global warming.
I'm not "sure" we are the main cause of global warming, but I think there is evidence enough to take some steps that should be taken regardless of global warming, like reducing emissions etc...
Plus, whose to say that the current temps are the "primo temps" for Earth, never to be changed again? And who gets to decide this? Where one life form perishes, another comes along and thrives. Alwyas has been that way, always will be that way, whether we are here or not. The Earth always has been and always will be in flux.
Again, it's not about the changes which, as you correctly say, will always take place with or without mankind.
It's about the rate of change. If the scientific community is right, the climate changes in the near future (few decades) will be too fast to adapt, at least for a significant portion of the world population.

Scribbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Scribbler » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:58 am

Marc, as you well know, China controls the Matrix.

And it is true, I see great things for you and your Neo-Kiteloops. They will force the errors in the program (Bugholland) to disappear in a puff of illogicallity as you usher in the dawn of a brave new KiteWorld...

Just keep buying Chinese-made kites to guarantee success.

Oh, and always take the red pill.

kiterguy
Rare Poster

Postby kiterguy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:05 pm

skyseer, dude, I googled "Mars and Pluto warming" and your article just happened to be the first one to pop up........take a look at the 6 or 7 articles directly below it.

This one seemed pretty good / objective.

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jul/th ... -svensmark

Another Toby
Frequent Poster

Postby Another Toby » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:26 pm

kiterguy wrote:skyseer, dude, I googled "Mars and Pluto warming" and your article just happened to be the first one to pop up........take a look at the 6 or 7 articles directly below it.

This one seemed pretty good / objective.

http://www.livescience.com/environment/ ... rming.html
Edit - looks like you edited your post. Realised that article didn't support your point of view? I won't even get started on the "cosmic rays causing cloud formation" guy...

Hey! :thumb: You're doing a bit of research!
Did you read that article? Still think that observations of apparent warming on Mars or Pluto suggest that changes in the sun are responsible for the observed change in Earths climate?
Here's a quote from the article you posted-
"The small measured changes in solar output and variations from one decade to the next are only on the order of a fraction of a percent, and if you do the calculations not even large enough to really provide a detectable signal in the surface temperature record," said Penn State meteorologist Michael Mann.

The link between solar activity and global warming is just another scapegoat for human-caused warming, Mann told LiveScience.

"Solar activity continues to be one of the last bastions of contrarians," Mann said. "People who don't accept the existence of anthropogenic climate change still try to point to solar activity."

We really know very little about the habits of the rest of the solar system, Pluto for example hasn't been observed for a full orbit of the sun.

Here's another good article on the subject-
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=192

kiterguy
Rare Poster

Postby kiterguy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:50 pm

No, I had remembered the Discover article I had read, and wanted to reference that. The previous article (the one in your post) has some good points too. I don't have a "point of view" other than I personally believe the matter is yet to be resolved, as stated by some. It seems very complicated, with a multitude of variables. Take all of the facts in, not just the one's that "support your pre-conceived view".

skyseer
Frequent Poster

Postby skyseer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:09 pm

skyseer, dude, I googled "Mars and Pluto warming" and your article just happened to be the first one to pop up........take a look at the 6 or 7 articles directly below it.
I don't have a "point of view" other than I personally believe the matter is yet to be resolved, as stated by some. It seems very complicated, with a multitude of variables. Take all of the facts in, not just the one's that "support your pre-conceived view".
Dude :D , I have no problem with your attitude. You are considering pros and contras and you coudn't yet make up your mind (an healthy attitude, more often than not).
On the other side, some of these "variables" as you call them, are simply wrong informations. I think the one about Mars and Pluto warming is one of them.

:bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”