*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: poor show on all of you
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:44 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
spork wrote:
"Cyclically induced" is an oxymoron. "Cyclical" describes a pattern, not a cause. In any event, I'll be happy to provide evidence that what we're experiencing now is certainly not a part of any "normal cycle" if you like.

Agenda driven manipulated research will not cut it. They count on the fact that they manufacture the evidence, that requires hours upon hours to sift through. They would, if you had the time and money, make sure all research that contradicts their research is properly disposed of.

"Cyclically induced" IS NOT an oxymoron. The natural cooling and warming patterns induce cooling and warming. It may be a bit redundant and obvious to call the current warming period by what it is, but it is what it is. We are, theoretically, coming out of an ice-age. The going into and coming out of the ice-age had nothing to do with humanity, as the current warming and coolling cycles have nothing to do with humanity.

Quote:
Again, you're mistaken. The claim that volcanos and such spew out more greenhouse gases than humans is simply not true. Let me know if you need evidence.

No thanks. Even the most biased anti-corporatist/anti-human enviro-wackjob admits that the Earth herself is the greatest polluter in this biosphere. Over 95% of the greenhouse gasses are earth produced.

Quote:
...in the case of our planet) changes the heat/energy balance as this permits light to enter, but tends to prevent the resulting heat from leaving (thus "the greenhouse effect").


The "greenhouse effect" is what our atmosphere does. It is the thing that keeps life sustainable. The "greenhouse effect" is good, and warming is the ideal scenario. Cooling, on the other hand, is problematic for sustaining life...but, lest we forget, the enviros want us dead, as they see us as a blight, a cancer, of the Earth...If the enviro-fascists have their way many millions will die, and this is what they want.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:49 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Mtn View, CA (S.F. Bay)
Mulholland wrote:
I am still waiting for that global warming to kick in. Despite the self-satisfied pronoucements of Al "the oracle" Gore, it has been one of the coolest years I can remember...



[quote="http://climateprogress.org/2007/06/14/2007-tied-for-hottest-year-on-record-so-far/"]The National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) reported today that “the global surface temperature for the combined January-May period tied with 1998 as the warmest January-May on record.â€Â


Last edited by spork on Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:52 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
Another Toby wrote:
You said it. All the evidence might be against you, 99% of the scientific community disagrees with you, but the politicians, right wing media mouthpieces and religious groups have got you regurgitating their propaganda like a broken record.


You do know that a lot of these "scientists" are bought and paid for by big-government politicians, don't you? You do know that the more fear they create, the more they can tax, the more they can steal, and the more they can scare. Fear sells and socialists are masters at that black art...I disagree that "99% blah blah blah", as a lot of their research is incestuous, or simply motivated by their desires for big government money bags for research...If these so-called "scientists" dare contradict the eco-fascists/politicians their monies dry up, they are ridiculed, and they are slandered by the leftist press and the enviro-propagandists.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:59 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Mtn View, CA (S.F. Bay)
Mulholland wrote:
You do know that a lot of these "scientists" are bought and paid for by big-government politicians, don't you?


Actually, the evidence shows that big oil (and tobacco of all things) have been paying scientists to question the cause and fact of global warming. I'll provide you with plenty of evidence of this if you like. I have not seen evidence that "big government" is paying off scientists to make up global warming. But I'd be happy to see any actual references you have (beyond your claim that this is obvious).


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:02 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
[quote="spork"http://climateprogress.org/2007/06/14/2007-tied-for-hottest-year-on-record-so-far/"]The National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) reported today that “the global surface temperature for the combined January-May period tied with 1998 as the warmest January-May on record.â€Â


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:05 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
spork wrote:
Actually, the evidence shows that big oil (and tobacco of all things) have been paying scientists to question the cause and fact of global warming.


Pennies compared to the monies corrupt government bureaucracies and socialist politicians have to offer....Beyond that, there is no evidence that global warming is bad, none whatsoever. There is plenty of fear-mongering BS, but no fact, not one single fact, just a bunch of lies.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:15 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
Wow, who woulda thunk it? The earth has undergone naturally occurring warming. But why has the sharp warming curve plateaued?...____________________(fill in fear-tactic concocted by enviro-nutjobs here).

Image


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:22 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Posts: 2479
Location: Mtn View, CA (S.F. Bay)
Mulholland wrote:
Pennies compared to the monies corrupt government bureaucracies and socialist politicians have to offer....


I've offered to give evidence that big oil and tobacco are paying scientists for biased results. Do you want to see that evidence? I definitely want to see your evidence that corrupt governments are paying scientists for biased results. I've never seen such evidence, and won't believe this until I do.

Next you tell me that scientists are destroying evidence that sea-levels are falling - and you follow it with a graph showing rising sea-levels !!!??

Quote:
...there is no evidence that global warming is bad, none whatsoever.


I guess that depends on what you call "bad". There's plenty of evidence that global warming will kill or displace millions of people (projected to be 100 million per year by 2080). That strikes me as "bad".


I think you and I have a different definition of "evidence". For example, I feel there exists solid evidence that dinosaurs walked the earth millions of years ago, and that we evolved from lower primates. I understand you dismiss all that as nonsense.

I have to confess that I also have a somewhat innate trust in the global scientific community, and science itself. As such, there's probably no way for you and I to have a meaningful debate on this topic.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:41 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Posts: 742
Location: Pacific Palisades
spork wrote:
I've offered to give evidence that big oil and tobacco are paying scientists for biased results. Do you want to see that evidence? I definitely want to see your evidence that corrupt governments are paying scientists for biased results. I've never seen such evidence, and won't believe this until I do.

Yes, I want to see that evidence. Please make sure it is not falsified or manipulated, as much of the global warming mythologists are proven to do.

It is no secret that scientists are defunded if they do not prove what the leftists want, that there is global warming. The scientists who bolster the case for the fear-tactic that requires government solutions are those eligible for dipping into the massive government enviro-programs. The politicians, mostly socialist, are quite frequently corrupt and preconceive their conclusions.
Quote:
Next you tell me that scientists are destroying evidence that sea-levels are falling - and you follow it with a graph showing rising sea-levels !!!??

Yes. Sea levels have been rising, and much more drastically, well before the internal combustion chamber...Yet, strangely enough, life was sustained. This natural cycle of coming out of an ice-age, and the fact that the earth has not totally flooded, proves that the global warming alarmists are liars.

Quote:
I guess that depends on what you call "bad". There's plenty of evidence that global warming will kill or displace millions of people (projected to be 100 million per year by 2080). That strikes me as "bad".

There is no (NONE) evidence that global warming is bad, or will kill millions. It is a theory, a theory easily displaced by the fact that the eco-fascist desire to kill humanity. This desire to see millions of humans die, for the good of mother nature, will be achieved if they have their wish fulfilled.


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:58 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:38 am
Posts: 1630
Location: Kilkeel, Ireland
Original message expired.


Last edited by tungsten222 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group