Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

China, Kites and Greenhouse Gases

what bothers you?
anything to say without your name?

keep flaming - here's your chance !


User avatar
spork
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Mtn View, CA (S.F. Bay)

Postby spork » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:21 pm

kiterguy wrote:This one seemed pretty good / objective.

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jul/the-discover-interview-henrik-svensmark


Svensmark is anything but objective. He is among a very rare breed - a skeptic with an education. However, even if you take only what he says, you find he isn't really much of a skeptic. He DOES believe the climate is warming, and he DOES believe we're playing a part in that.

His claims as to the natural causes for the current warming however have been debunked to my satisfaction, but far more importantly, to the satisfaction of the global scientific community. I assume that community has ready access to all the information (not just the data that supports anthropogenic global warming), and I assume that as a whole they are honest and doing good science.

In my way of thinking one would need some extremely compelling evidence to side with the extreme minority of scientists. I haven't seen any such evidence.

User avatar
Wibbler
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:11 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: UAE

Postby Wibbler » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:20 pm

spork wrote:In my way of thinking one would need some extremely compelling evidence to side with the extreme minority of scientists. I haven't seen any such evidence.


Don't worry . . . in the void between Mulhollands ears, you don't have to SEE (or hear, or feel, or measure, or count) anything . . . you only need to BELIEVE it's there.



Oh, and also decide that 'greed is good' despite the Bible telling you otherwise.

User avatar
Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Contact:

Postby Kitedude » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:10 pm

china has over 4 times the population of the US so if you break id down. i'm sure that they actually have less co2 emmission per capita

Mulholland
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Pacific Palisades

Postby Mulholland » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:02 pm

Kitedude wrote:china has over 4 times the population of the US so if you break id down. i'm sure that they actually have less co2 emmission per capita


That is if you trust the Chinese communists to be telling the truth about their emissions...you can bet they are lessening the true extent of their pollution, and their poverty, and their mass murder, and their selling of human body parts to the west.

User avatar
Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:37 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: France

Postby Feng » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:01 am

Mulholland wrote:and their selling of human body parts to the west.


You are wrong brother.
In China, the lucky candidates for the death penalty want to pay their debt to the society by freely offer part of their body after their condamnation has been effective.

China as a country beleives that he must share those redemptions to the rest of the world and allow rich Amarican, Japanese, Indian, Canadian waiting for transplant to acces to those body parts.

It is said that the number of death penalty increases depending on the demand from those rich Amarican, Japanese, Indian, Canadian but obviously this is surely a wrong report.

It is said that some doctors in America and Canada would like to be able to refuse to treat patiants with post transplant problems after returning from holliday in China but obviously this is surely a wrong report.

This is for sure a good "free entreprise and capitalist" example that for sure will make its way as a success story to the MBA class:
"How to save the live of rich and successfull businessmen (or their family) [so they can continue to drive their expensive cars and consume the word energy] at the expense of the live of poor guys who propably never own not more than a bicycle and tried to improve their live using unlawfull ways".

Mulholland
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:01 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Pacific Palisades

Postby Mulholland » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:08 am

marcfrm wrote:
Mulholland wrote:and their selling of human body parts to the west.


You are wrong brother.
In China, the lucky candidates for the death penalty want to pay their debt to the society by freely offer part of their body after their condamnation has been effective.


Wow. Boy you are ill-informed and easily manipulated. First you regurgitate the internet leftist/terrorist pablem against the war, then you regurgitate the Chinese communist lies that the prisoners had a redemptive moment where they willingly decided to allow the commies to sell their body parts.

Unfreakin'believable...You would make a perfect American democrat.

User avatar
Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:37 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: France

Postby Feng » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:46 am

Mulholland wrote:First you regurgitate the internet leftist/terrorist pablem against the war, then you regurgitate the Chinese communist lies that the prisoners had a redemptive moment where they willingly decided to allow the commies to sell their body parts.
Unfreakin'believable...You would make a perfect American democrat.


I see.
Actually I have tried to be I.R.O.N.I.C.
Can you check the meaning of this word in a dictionnary.

User avatar
Feng
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:37 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Franceville, normandie, france
Favorite Beaches: beauduc south of france
Gear: Cab 13 SB, Cab 9 Xbow, Cab 8 2013 SB
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: France

Postby Feng » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:04 am

Scribbler wrote:Marc, as you well know, China controls the Matrix.

yes we all know this.

Scribbler wrote:And it is true, I see great things for you and your Neo-Kiteloops. They will force the errors in the program (Bugholland) to disappear in a puff of illogicallity as you usher in the dawn of a brave new KiteWorld...


I was looking for a name of my new move/trick: I will call it NEO.

With this new move/trick I will be ahead of all kitesurfer competitors.
I will easily beat Aaron Hadlow. We all know that he is himselft an Agent of the Matrix and is able to bend the Matrix to get an unfair advantage.
But as I am the chosen one, my move/trick are better and I will prevail.

Scribbler wrote:Oh, and always take the red pill.

Thanks to remeber me.

How is you SA 19 by the way :-)

User avatar
gideonlow
Frequent Poster
Posts: 320
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:58 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Waddell Creek
Favorite Beaches: Scott Creek, Waddell Creek, Santa Maria's (26th Ave)
Style: Surf
Gear: Peter Lynn Kites, custom TT and surf boards, custom bars.
Brand Affiliation: Monkey Air Kitesurfing
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Contact:

Postby gideonlow » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:09 am

Mulholland,

After browsing through this thread, I can see you are (or would be given the chance) the personification of George Orwell's and Franz Kafka's worst fears. There is no more insidious a person than one who twists reality as energetically and consistently as you do.

Let me state some key obvious facts:

- Global Warming is a fact.

- Human contribution to global warming is a fact.

- Fossil fuels will eventually run out.

- The established energy industry countries and conglomerates that profit hugely from fossil fuels are doing everything they can to "milk the cow" to the very bitter end.

- The technology and economic conditions to make a relatively fast transition from fossil fuels to alternative energy sources are here today.

- A concerted effort to migrate from using fossil fuels to alternative energy would stimulate the global economy massively, directly hurting only economies strongly dependent on the status-quo (mostly oil-states and oil companies) while creating massive new industries with even greater economic benefits in their place.

And one question that lingers in my mind nearly every day . . . what would the impact have been if the $600 billion+ spent on Iraq so far had been spent on developing alternative energy?

Answer me THAT question.

Cheers,

Gideon

surfingwithkites
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:29 pm

Postby surfingwithkites » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:16 am

Do you think the global climate cares about per capita emissions or total emissions?

Isn't the per capita thing just a politics of guilt issue?

I'm not sure that mother nature keeps score on a per capita basis; should you?

maybe emissions are emissions?

Maybe countries total emissions are what is important?

I find it funny that the people who are so concerned with this issue are often more interested in pointing fingers than in talking about solutions.


Return to “Flamer's Paradise”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest