Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabarete Kitebeach, part of the problem.

Forum for kitesurfers
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:30 am

EricHertsens wrote:btw who the hell is kitebeaches.com to lay down the rules.... GOD?
that was stated by local kiteschools, it is not written by http://www.kitebeaches.com !!!

Eric, maybe the situation on kitebeach made Brazil that popular?
If you want to help Cabarete, there should be done more. It sounds you try to do your best, but get guys like Luciano and Jose Luis to calm down these kids.
They cause a big tension on the beach, which should not be the case.
And as more and more destinations get explored, Cabarete will loose more and more. Maybe the locals want that, so they have the beach for their own. But that also takes away opportunities for them.

I think a key to solve problems should be the newly formed DR kite association. They should make rules, and than this comes from the DR and then they should listen to it.
It would be good for kitebeach for sure.

Good luck!

EricHertsens
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby EricHertsens » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:26 pm

Toby wrote:
EricHertsens wrote:btw who the hell is kitebeaches.com to lay down the rules.... GOD?
that was stated by local kiteschools, it is not written by http://www.kitebeaches.com !!!

Eric, maybe the situation on kitebeach made Brazil that popular?
If you want to help Cabarete, there should be done more. It sounds you try to do your best, but get guys like Luciano and Jose Luis to calm down these kids.
They cause a big tension on the beach, which should not be the case.
And as more and more destinations get explored, Cabarete will loose more and more. Maybe the locals want that, so they have the beach for their own. But that also takes away opportunities for them.

I think a key to solve problems should be the newly formed DR kite association. They should make rules, and than this comes from the DR and then they should listen to it.
It would be good for kitebeach for sure.

Good luck!
Toby you are talking old news, this problem is been controlled.
Your investments in Brazil are affecting your comments and you use this forum to promote Brazil, maybe the fact that nobody from Cabarete advertises on your forum has something to do with it.

It your forum so you do what you want with it, but stay neutral and stop the silent Cabarete bashing, You constantly post negative on Cabarete. You just have to do a little search to figure that out.
This might also be the reason you don’t get any advertising revenue from Cabarete, its like a loop with no end in sight.

Cabarete is still a booming kiteboarding designation as my pictures can easily show.

Brazil is popular because its good winds and cheap pricing, Cabarete is growing in to a full service designation .

Dominican kids playing in their back yard is part of the show in Cabarete. Its an attraction not a nuisance. And our continued success proves it.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Toby and Eric both make good points. I cant really take either side. Do you have an opinion? I have been to Cabarete a few times and not talking about safety it is a pretty radical show. The kids, lil Louie, Robinson, Ariel and Bobo, Alex and many other really rip. I am not taking a side dont bash me.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby eldadgold » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:17 pm

EricHertsens wrote:hey guy's,

Well,.. for a year now I have been paying a bunch of the worst offenders to stop shredding the shore break and so make it a better place.

I pay them and there are rules, if they wrap them selves or I get any complaints from the other schools then they do not get their money.

I can not pay every kid to be nice, but I do my share to solve the problem.

Do not forget, you are visiting THEIR country, and if you do not like it then please do not come back. It is as simple as that.

Many people do like it, and do come back. just look at the picture.

About Aaron, well complaining on his home page about unfair and harsh judgment is in my opinion a sad and sorry thing for a rider of his status.
chek it out for your self http://www.aaronhadlow.com/

do not forget that Aaron was beaten by Alex 2 years in a row... and on a BOW

I'm not going to go trough a whiny tread, justifying my actions. I have taken action regarding the kids playing in their backyard, I try to do my part in it, but it is their country we are all just visitors.

So haters shit all you want on my head, my whole life I have worked hard for Cabarete no matter what you say.

I smell our competing destination Brazil trough all this complaining about Cabarete.

Eric
it is their country but your equipment...

bay surfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Dam Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lake Michigan Beaches, OBX
Gear: Airush, Switch, Pansh, Kites, LF boards, Home Brewed Foils and boards

Postby bay surfer » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:41 pm

PLZ, d'ont insult my intel, Safety is one of my main concerns, I d'ont want to hear, that we come to Cabarate, to see dumb kids ride the shore, bump kites, and cause mayham. If it was'nt for gringo's coming down and windsurfing and kiting, Cabarete would still be and backwater beach town.
For safety reasons MY MONEY AND KITE VACATIONS NOW GO ELSEWHERE.
The tradition of introducing the locals kids to the sport for free was a good idea back in the widsurfing days, but not for kiting!

EricHertsens
Rare Poster

Postby EricHertsens » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:45 pm

eldadgold wrote:
it is their country but your equipment...
Yes and I take full responsibility for my guy's. They have been behaving awesome in the last year.

We have had no more complaints. I solved this by giving them pocket money every 15 and 30, this is done over breakfast and all issues are discussed at these meetings. I know that many other Cabarete businesses do the same with their people. An now most school staff only kite after 5PM or on their free days. Like I said this is old news…

Don't forget that these are the poorest of the poorest kids, their families battling to get food. They have NOTHING, so here we are debating if these kids can have a little fun, yeez how greedy have we become.

Now one of these kids won a major event, I'm sure that most Cabarete visitors that have seen Ariel grow up and progress have a special feeling for him. This kid got beaten by his aggressive father his whole life, since he is 13 he had to fend for himself. I am PROUD to have played a major role in his life and helped him to achieve his goal and so set a example of how things can be. Several other people have done the same in Cabarete and I hope that one day these kids can also win an event.

Realy, and I stick by this, if you can not handle some kids playing then please stay home or go to Brazil on some empty beach were there is nobody to talk too or some popular Brazil beach were you have the same crowd problem..

The choice is yours…

EricHertsens
Rare Poster

Postby EricHertsens » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:53 pm

bay surfer wrote:PLZ, d'ont insult my intel, Safety is one of my main concerns, I d'ont want to hear, that we come to Cabarate, to see dumb kids ride the shore, bump kites, and cause mayham. If it was'nt for gringo's coming down and windsurfing and kiting, Cabarete would still be and backwater beach town.
For safety reasons MY MONEY AND KITE VACATIONS NOW GO ELSEWHERE.
The tradition of introducing the locals kids to the sport for free was a good idea back in the widsurfing days, but not for kiting!
You said it, go somewhere else, you aslready are so why try to trash a place because you dont like it, many others do not share your point of view.

we had 500 kites out on the water yesterday , what can I say most off these peopel are RETURN customers, they love it here..

Our downwind truck spreads them from Las Canas to Encuentro 40KM wave ride...
Attachments
EHScreenshot-062.jpg
for as far as you can see, its kites. These peopel meet in the bars at night and talk kite..
EHScreenshot-062.jpg (18.43 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
EHScreenshot-060.jpg
a shot of late afternoon Cabarete kitebeach
EHScreenshot-060.jpg (48.26 KiB) Viewed 2171 times

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Eric
i dont believe about your story about 500 kiters at water
i was there last june and i could tell that was 100 - 150 kiters at 3 spots of cabarate bay , bozo beach and cabarate beach
one problem about tourist encomoy help to feed cabarate town get improvement but dr local of some dont do respect kiting traffic with tourist kiters so i almost get injured by local dr kiter get jumped up to big air and landed water with 2 fts to me dammit ! they think of themselves too much
thats idiots ! and good kiter hit me as what the f*** ! also some instructors are idiots to let students learn how to kite when strong or more strong winds
it need good balance with peace and harmony on between tourist people and dr local people ! 8)

jimmyc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jimmyc » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:07 pm

Is the nightmare of kids/others riding in shorebreak pulling tricks limited to Kitebeach.....if so, you just stay away from kitebeach and you're fine. It seems the kite specific hotels and lesson centers should be the ones doing most of the policing as this takes place in front of their places of business and affects their students. What do they do about this?

Haven't been since '04, but I'd go back to Cabarete as it offers a good all-around kiter/non-kiter vacation. I just know to stay away from kitebeach and stay out on the reef upwind of Bozo....and never go for Easter.... :thumb: :bye:

KP
Medium Poster

Postby KP » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 pm

:o the pictures shown are to get one stoked on going to Cabarate??? The amount of kites in the air looks like a cluster f@#k to me.....no thanks.....I'll find somewhere that's not such a zoo.........regardless of all the bad or good vibes..........KP

Return to “Kitesurfing”