Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Real's Trademark Lawsuits

Forum for kitesurfers
Skyway Scott
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Skyway Scott » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:55 am

Wow. Interesting perspective, Terrios.

Do you honestly think suing your way to the top is the way to go?
Man, I need to get my head out of the sand and wake up.
I honestly thought businesses in America became successful because they provided good products and services. I must be ultra naive.
Obviously in America you just have to have tons of cash and throw your weight around with lawsuits to bully people out of and into everything.
What's really pathetic is some are actually buying into thinking this acceptable as a business practice.
Terrios, you obviously don't know jack about Extreme kites and their hours, call some time.
Handouts? Now you are plain looking stupid. Just not being a dic.k and not suing over WATER TIME would suffice. I don't think anyone is looking for a handout.

Are you honestly going to attempt to formulate an argument supporting a company that sues over a generic and over used term?
I am dying to hear a rational argument supporting that one.

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gonewiththewind » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:57 am

Seems REAL has really missed the boat on this one. "Zero to Hero" I can understand. But "water time" is just about as silly as one can get. And by including that along with "ground control", they have invited so much disrespect that it taints even their more legitimate claim to "zero to hero". Once again I say "penny-wise, pound-foolish".

By the way, the original Eclipse bar made the claim that "14 inches is the distance from zero to hero!" (my girlfriend says the same thing about me)

http://www.oceanextremesports.com/catal ... p-610.html

If you sue Eclipse too, we're all going to think you're super lame because your lawyers heard it here on KiteForum first. But if you don't, then you're being inconsistent. Sucks to try and be consistently lame.

This little episode is one way for REAL to quickly go from "Hero to Zero". And I'm trademarking that!

ttboy
Medium Poster

Postby ttboy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 am

TERRIOS666 you have a scary name with scary 666 numbers.You must be a bad ass and you talk real tuff too.PUSSSY what kind of shit are you talking about.I love you!DROWN the little player..spoken like a sackless punk
terrios666 wrote:First off, I don't work for any of these clowns.

Problem here is that REAL is part of the real world, commerce, lawyers, profits, customer service, business plans....the whole nine yards. Its called growing a business.

The other players cry foul? No sir. The guy with the most money should do whatever it takes to sue the balls off any competitor and drown the little player into legal submission. Join the Republican party while they're at it, who knows.

This is the foundation of America. The kiteboarding industry should not be immune just because some companies think they are outside the legal framework of America!

"Hey Bro.....can you spare a dime? I'm trying to kite 24/7 and keep my business floating at the same time. I like to hook people up and give out bro deals left and right. Can't you sue somebody else and just leave me alone? Whats a lawyer got to do with kiting anyway? I thought we were all just having fun here?"

Hey

terrios666
Medium Poster

Postby terrios666 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:25 am

Fact is that a lot of the kite retailers out there started their business for the love of the sport. No business background, no lawyers, no business plan. REAL has had this all along.

Skyway you're backing Extreme and I agree they provide the best service and the best deal. But you kow what? If they don't have the cash to fight this off, they are doing ONE thing very wrong, and thats not paying enough attention to their cash flow and profits. You can be everyone's best retailer, but you better be prepared when the big dogs come calling and try to sue you into the ground.

You think the oil barrons, rail barrons and other founding members of modern America didn't throw around a lawsuit or two to gain market share? WAKE THE f*** UP!

I need new gear, lots of kit. I upgrade whenever I can. So now I know at least two decent retailers are hurting for money, crying foul, sobbing all the way to broke back mountain about how they can't afford lawyers and just want to kite.

Damn man, I want my retailer strong and long, in charge and flush with cash so I can get in there in 6 months and find the doors open to get some TLC on my broken bladder.

eastcoastkite
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Gilgo NY/ Jockeys ridge OBX
Style: waves, freestyle, freeride
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse Kiteboarding www.eclipsekites.com

Postby eastcoastkite » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:28 am

Hey don't drag us into this mess.

This is a sad situation that I really want no part of. Lawyers are the only winners in court.

terrios666
Medium Poster

Postby terrios666 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:30 am

ttboy get a grip. Kitty Hawk and Extreme are not little players. They are top tier kite retailers.

You don't see REAL tossing the Lawyers against small mom and pop kite retailers, waste of their time.

The Terrios name is from the Autofocus soundtrack and the guy who sang that song sounded evil as shit to me, thus the 666 at the end.
Last edited by terrios666 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyway Scott

Postby Skyway Scott » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:30 am

terrios666 wrote:Fact is that a lot of the kite retailers out there started their business for the love of the sport. No business background, no lawyers, no business plan. REAL has had this all along.

Skyway you're backing Extreme and I agree they provide the best service and the best deal. But you kow what? If they don't have the cash to fight this off, they are doing ONE thing very wrong, and thats not paying enough attention to their cash flow and profits. You can be everyone's best retailer, but you better be prepared when the big dogs come calling and try to sue you into the ground.

You think the oil barrons, rail barrons and other founding members of modern America didn't throw around a lawsuit or two to gain market share? WAKE THE f*** UP!

I need new gear, lots of kit. I upgrade whenever I can. So now I know at least two decent retailers are hurting for money, crying foul, sobbing all the way to broke back mountain about how they can't afford lawyers and just want to kite.

Damn man, I want my retailer strong and long, in charge and flush with cash so I can get in there in 6 months and find the doors open to get some TLC on my broken bladder.
Man, you are a frickin mo.ron. How much is gas now, mor.on?
Oil barons is your argument?!?
Yeah, I love paying 3 bucks for gas, it makes my car go faster.
Thank God for oil barons.
You are just dumb. Can't wait until there is only one friggin' KITE BARRON with all the market share. :roll:
The irony is just how much EK does sell.
Do you think it's good business to waste money on lawyers?
This type of approach forces both sides to possibly have to raise prices.
It's part of America's largest problem and drain on our society, imo.
You somehow, seem to worship and idolize this. Numb nut.
The Oil baron argument is the dumbest argument I have heard since I was at McDonald's today and this 5 year old was trying to convince his dad that fries were vegetables and healthy. 8)
Last edited by Skyway Scott on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

terrios666
Medium Poster

Postby terrios666 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:41 am

Skyway, move to North Korea or something if you don't like the capitalist model. Its what gives you grocery stores the size of small third world towns and enough power to take over entire countries at will for the sake of oil.

You're a nice guy, I've rounded with you before on the forums, sorry if I've rustled a few feathers. In the long run, REAL will dominate and clean things up a bit.

We'll all have better customer service, more selection, better sales and an all around better experience with business born retailers....trust me.

And trade in that heap when you get a chance or learn to ride a bike.

Skyway Scott

Postby Skyway Scott » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:53 am

I disagree with you, Terrios. Good service is provided by businesses that focus on the customer, not suing their competitors.
This whole fiasco shows how Real is willing to divert man hours from customer service and toward scheming to trademark some rather lame terms and then formulate law suits. In my opinion, that time could have been more wisely spent improving their business in other ways.
I come from a successfully run family business and believe I understand how to properly "win" in the game of service. Suing is the lazy man's attempt at keeping other competitors down.
It's impossible for a company with this approach to business to genuinely provide excellent customer service. They are too busy focusing on the wrong things.

I am glad I live in America, mainly because I can vote with my dollar.
Obviously, no money will ever go toward Real.

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tom183 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:55 am

So Terri - you want REAL to be the Microsoft of kiteboarding? That would really capture the soul of the sport.....

Return to “Kitesurfing”