Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

mike walker (globekites rider) came second!

Forum for kitesurfers
amber
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

mike walker (globekites rider) came second!

Postby amber » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:06 am

Mike Walker from Caloundra Queensland, recently placed a close 2nd in the NSW and QLD State Championships for waveriding Australia. It was only the day after the new kites from GK had landed in Australia and the first time the VSonic had been flown there.

Mike was asked how the kite went after the event….
“I was quite nervous going into the comp as I usually take a few sessions to get fully dialed into a new kite before it feels comfortable, but the VSonic was sweet from the first moment. It did exactly as I asked of it and surprised me a bit with the direct feel and responsiveness. It got me through to the finals in a pretty tough field and then I almost won the event on a kite I had never flown before – I was pretty impressed. It was especially awesome because the winds were really variable and gusty at around 30 knots. The V8 is a very stable kite.â€Â
Attachments
photo-mike-walker.jpg
photo-mike-walker.jpg (23.35 KiB) Viewed 428 times

Neill
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Neill » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:38 am

Yeah go the camel toe!

Dave (kitethrills) said that mike had just done really well in a wave comp on the 8m V-sonic last time i saw him. Don't know mike personally but there ain't that many V-sonics around here so i'll say congrats next time i see him.

good stuff!

Return to “Kitesurfing”