Boycott Real Kiteboarding

Forum for kitesurfers
Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Boycott Real Kiteboarding

Postby Jbrook » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 pm

If your into group travel and showing up at remote locations with a boatload you should travel with them. I think its more for rich guys who dont have the time or creativity to find the good waves or kite spots who use them for trips.

As for as their retail business there are way better places to shop. I was in Peru and needed a board I asked how much for a used board from one of the owners the day he was leaving we'll leave him nameless. He told me 600 for a used stretch and 500 for a rawson. The next week the stretch boards were on sale for 500 what a cool guy huh. I used to be a customer of theirs but with treament lke that will go somewhere else for sure. I wrote a few posts about them that were positive so you cant call me a basher. They just are greedy now and lost thier soul. Would love to hear the story from PR or was it BVI?

jteabird
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jteabird » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Defamation, Libel and Slander Law... real cannot sue you for speaking the truth especially when you will get a thousand backers... besides where are the damages that they are suing for??? I can gladly contribute some experiences if needbe...

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:01 am

Oh by the way, all the stitching on the leg straps is stuffed now and falling apart. Thanks for sending the shop seconds overseas to me, where you know there's nothing I can do about it :nono: I'm trying to find a shop that'll ship USPS, take a Japan issued Visa and will RESPOND TO EMAILS now ...!

Habi
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Puerto Rico
Gear: Anything
Brand Affiliation: Kite Banging

Postby Habi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:14 am

All I remember is their scared faces , when Menta , Slezzzzy and fellows got kick out from P.R. !!! ....
they tried to be smart .... hahahahahahahahahahaha

"run run run run run run run " :lol: :lol:

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck

Postby knot_moving » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:19 am

My experience - I ordered a Flightdeck from them earlier in the year - They sold it with LF Comp pads and a LF handle. Now the handle did not fit the board and they had to redrill it to fit. The handle came apart on me and they sent another but they didn't drill the new one. So now I have a handle that won't fit.
VERY low-budget for a $500+ order I think!!!

I do everything I can to buy local and this experience just confirmed that! Most local shops will come pretty close to matching the legit internet deals. In this case Real was selling out the Flightdecks because of some issue between them & Jimmy Lewis (never did hear what that was about), so it was about $250 cheaper than I could find a comparable board locally

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 am

knot_moving wrote:My experience - I ordered a Flightdeck from them earlier in the year - They sold it with LF Comp pads and a LF handle. Now the handle did not fit the board and they had to redrill it to fit. The handle came apart on me and they sent another but they didn't drill the new one. So now I have a handle that won't fit.
VERY low-budget for a $500+ order I think!!!

I do everything I can to buy local and this experience just confirmed that! Most local shops will come pretty close to matching the legit internet deals. In this case Real was selling out the Flightdecks because of some issue between them & Jimmy Lewis (never did hear what that was about), so it was about $250 cheaper than I could find a comparable board locally
I don't get it...you don't own a drill? We're talking about the hole in a plastic handle, right?!?!

I'm not replying to pick sides, I'm replying because I think you got a great deal! Those LF Comp pads are great. Much better than whatever pads normally came with the board. If you saved $250+ on a board, got better bindings, and only have a handle to worry about...that's still a pretty good friggin' deal.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:02 pm

mm, usually i don't defend them but it sounds like they did you right.
If you can't handle drilling two friggin holes you aren't kiter material anyway.
Go get a manicure or something :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

vbnhatty
Medium Poster
Local Beach: VB
Favorite Beaches: ES SS
Style: Wake n Surf
Gear: C-Kites
Brand Affiliation: Nabisco

Postby vbnhatty » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:56 am

Greencock I need to quiver up again, Reals prices are pretty sweet right now as they have always been towards the end of the year. I ride in the slick every now and then and never had an issue, it could have been because I had red on the left side of my bar. You know it matches their logo. You should invest in some new red pigtails and I'm sure you won't ever have an issue again. Keep shedding those tears man :baby: .

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck

Postby knot_moving » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:55 am

If you read my effing post it will be pretty obvious that I know I got a great deal and that is why I ordered it from them.

Sorry my point was so subtle -- I think its pretty cheezy that they sent out the board in the first place with a handle that was jury rigged to fit. That's not my idea of a top-flight operation.

...off to get my manicure

vbnhatty
Medium Poster
Local Beach: VB
Favorite Beaches: ES SS
Style: Wake n Surf
Gear: C-Kites
Brand Affiliation: Nabisco

Postby vbnhatty » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what a grab handle is. Are they used on surf, skate, snow and wakeboards?

Return to “Kitesurfing”