Forum for kitesurfers
wasatchmtboy
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bridle kite - line lengths

Postby wasatchmtboy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:23 pm

looking for a little input, I have a 9 and 12 SS link and have been flying them on the snow in the 4 line mode (bridled) the 12's lines are kinda rough from the snow and ice, I have a brand new set of lines that i was going to replace them with. My question is since the lines on the bar are 23 meter and the lines I was going to replace them are 27 m, what should I expect if anything. I was thinking that maybe it would be a little slower to turn and maybe a little better low end?does it really matter? would it make a difference more less or no difference if I go the 5 line route? I have put longer lines on C kites b4 but I dont have much experience with the link style. any help would be appreciated

oh and any link riders what is the size of your bar for the 12 ?

AdrenalinDriven
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Those dangerous C shaped ones

Re: Bridle kite - line lengths

Postby AdrenalinDriven » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:49 pm

I'm pretty sure theres no link riders left :rollgrin:

Adrenalin

Naish Torchs and Balance Pro 133
http://www.wearebalance.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wasatchmtboy
Rare Poster

Re:

Postby wasatchmtboy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:34 am

I geuss my subject on the post wasnt clear, ( Bridle kite - line lengths) I am more interested in finding out if with bridles and pulleys if that makes more of a difference what your line lengths are than it does on a c kite. I am newer to bridled kites. I referenced that I have a couple links for info purposes. maybe someday I will be able to buy and fly the latest and greatest with all the cool kids, :jump: as of now I fly what I buy and I buy what I can afford and make it work, its all good as long as I am riding. so any thoughts would be great

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Re:

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:17 am

wasatchmtboy wrote:I geuss my subject on the post wasnt clear, ( Bridle kite - line lengths) I am more interested in finding out if with bridles and pulleys if that makes more of a difference what your line lengths are than it does on a c kite. I am newer to bridled kites. I referenced that I have a couple links for info purposes. maybe someday I will be able to buy and fly the latest and greatest with all the cool kids, :jump: as of now I fly what I buy and I buy what I can afford and make it work, its all good as long as I am riding. so any thoughts would be great
The differences are quite identical to what you will experience with a C kite with different line lengths, so you can just use your experience here :thumb:

Only thing that could be slightly different is that you can also go with somewhat shorter lines, and still be able to boost quite big if you are riding hooked with an SLE, as you can jump using both whip and AOA change at the same time - where whip alone will give low jumps (but good for kiteloops) with very short lines for classic C kites.

But generally, you can say that changing line lengths will have the same effects on both kite types - so dont worry about bridled or not :D

Kindly, Peter Frank

wasatchmtboy
Rare Poster

Re: Bridle kite - line lengths

Postby wasatchmtboy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:10 pm

thanks for the help,

Rick

Return to “Kitesurfing”